PDA

View Full Version : More Prayers for Snoopy!

4 Dog Mother
07-14-2006, 08:51 PM
Snoopy is having seizures again. When they happen like this they are called a cluster. He had one Wednesday night about 8:00 and one last night about 6:00 and then one this morning about 8:15. I called the vet and we are increasing the amount of valium he is taking to keep him from seizing again. I sure wish we had a clue as to what brings them on.

They are getting longer in duration and more intense. And when he comes out of them, it takes longer. At first he, just lays there panting and then he gets up and is blind and disoriented and stumbles around bumping into everything. I tried to calm him but all he did was pace.

So for now I am keeping him "doped" up on valium and in the next few days will slowly increase the amount I give him. Hopefully this will be the end of this cluster.

So please keep my poor Snoopy in prayer!

luvofallhorses
07-14-2006, 08:53 PM
Poor Snoopy! :( He will definately be in my thoughts and prayers. ((hugs)) can the vet give you medication to minimize the seizures? nevermind you said that up above. :o how old is the handsome boy?

Cinder & Smoke
07-14-2006, 09:07 PM
http://petoftheday.com/i/our_smilies/frown.gif

Hi God ~

Snoopy needs Help wiff da siezures, God!

We've been Prayin really hard, God - but they keep happnin ...

Please send Snoop's Mom an Dad sum big {{{God's Hugs}}} -
let em know You're werkin on Snoop's Case.

Our Prayer Kandilz are burnin inna frunt window - hope You kan see 'em.
We'll send a Prayer ebery nite at BigBed Tyme.

Thanks, God.

/s/ the Prayer Pups anna KAT

-------------------------------

Dear Snoopy ~

Please get Well, Bub!
Big {{{HUGS}}} from across the State.

chocolatepuppy
07-14-2006, 09:10 PM
I will keep Snoopy in my prayers.I hope the increased medication helps.

cyber-sibes
07-14-2006, 09:25 PM
:( Aw, Snoopy, Star and Sherman send you nuzzles and licks. Keeping our paws crossed you feel better soon, sweet boy.

buttercup132
07-14-2006, 10:21 PM
Poor Snooopy!
get better soon.

I know you cant be cured but if those seizures could barleyy come on that would be wonderful.

When he wakes out of one cant you put him in the bathroom or something where he cant really bump into things and get hurt?

shais_mom
07-14-2006, 11:08 PM
gentle kisses to that poor guy.
This just breaks my heart - Shai's weren't this bad.

zippy-kat
07-15-2006, 12:56 AM
Prayers for handsome Snoopy are on the way!

joycenalex
07-15-2006, 06:06 AM
i really do know how awful it is to watch a beloved dog go through a seizure and the post ictal stuff. getting the rectal valium in and the post seixure stage is hard. i found that ocular compression, lightly and cooling alex, as well as food really helped. some dogs do better with meds other then valium post seizure, will your vet consider a phone consult with a vet neuro? i'm sending you hugs and hope.

Cincy'sMom
07-15-2006, 07:51 AM
Poor Snoopy!! I wish there was something we could do to help him!!!

To try to answer some questions, he is on two different medications daily to help control the seizures (phenobarb and Potassium Bromide and is also given valium if he does have one to try to calm him and prevent more.

Snoopy is 4. He has been havng seizures off and on for about 2 years now.

Pam
07-15-2006, 08:01 AM
(((hugs))) to you and Snoopy too. :( One of my RB poodles had seizures and, once starting the Phenobarb, never had another, so I can only imagine how worried you are. When nothing seems to be working we feel so helpless. Snoopy is so lucky to have such wonderful furparents taking care of him.

pitc9
07-15-2006, 08:10 AM
Hugs to Snoopy!!

4 Dog Mother
07-15-2006, 08:22 AM
Snoopy is doing well this morning. The valium, phenobarbital and potassium bromide all seem to be doing their job. I just called the vet's office to find out how long he needs to stay on the valium.

When he wakes out of one cant you put him in the bathroom or something where he cant really bump into things and get hurt?

After Snoopy's seizures, things are usually a little crazy. Taggert and Pippi have to get into the middle of things because they don't understand what is going on. He loses control of his bladder and bowels and drools alot so there is a mess to clean up. And he is so confused and like I said blind so it doesn't matter where he is he butts up against things and doesn't know what to do. It isn't so dangerous as sad :( Thursday night's happened outside. He still floundered around, got into a corner of the fenced yard and didn't know what to do. I had to lead him to the door of the house but he was too weak to get in by himself so I had to kind of lift his back end up each of the two steps. Like I said it is more sad than harmful for him. He isn't walking at a speed where the bumping into things that can harm him.

Thanks everyone for the thoughts and prayers. Please keep them coming!

RobiLee
07-15-2006, 08:32 AM
Snoopy is definitely in my prayers. It makes my heart hurt every time this happens. {{{Big Hugs for Snoopy, Diana, Carl and the whole family}}}

Bengalz
07-15-2006, 08:44 AM
Poor Snoopy - this must be so frightening for him. Thank goodness he has wonderful parents to care about him and help him as much as can be done. Hugs and prayers to everyone.

Betty

k9krazee
07-15-2006, 08:44 AM
Aww :( He will definately be in my thoughts.

anna_66
07-15-2006, 10:34 AM
I'm really sorry to hear he had them again. I just hope and pray that the meds keep him from having any more now. Must be terrible for all of you.
Lots of (((HUGS)))
Anna

lizbud
07-15-2006, 10:52 AM
Oh, I am so sorry to hear about Snoopy. This is just heartbreaking. :(
I do hope these meds can slow down & eventually stop the seizures from
happening at all. ((Hugs)).

Ginger's Mom
07-15-2006, 11:07 AM
Prayers and good thoughts going out from New Jersey as well. I am so sorry to hear that it has been such a rough week for all of you. Hugs to you all.

ChrisH
07-15-2006, 11:09 AM
I am so sorry to hear the seizures have begun again and are worse. Poor, poor Snoops. :( Prayers on the way.
{{hugs}}

shais_mom
07-15-2006, 01:09 PM
I know I have asked this before but has the vet checked his thyroid?
Sometimes dogs that have seizures are hypothyroid.