PDA

View Full Version : Good way to make money..?

wolfsoul
07-14-2006, 07:51 PM
Does anyone have any good, easy ways to make money?

Visa's breeding has sent me down $1200, just for heath testing and getting her to the stud and back. I still have more money saved than most people I know, but I'm one of those people that hates spending and always needs extra money on hand. I'm a saver.

So right now I'm hoping to find an easy way to make some cash. I work long hours Tues-Sat. Now that Visa can't show or do sports all year, I have Sundays and Mondays available. I thought about having a table at the flea market on Sundays except I don't have a vehicle to transport things with. I've already advertised for petsitting but no takers so far. No one around here will take an uncertified babysitter anymore. No one here uses dog walking services. I've already got a garage sale planned. I wouldn't feel comfortable teaching anyone anything. What could I possibly do???

zoomer
07-14-2006, 10:50 PM
Would you be interested in doing dog walking?

lute
07-15-2006, 01:33 AM
i hear exotic dancers make good money.LOL! JOKE!....maybe do some housekeeping.

chocolatepuppy
07-15-2006, 05:14 AM
You could sell a few things on ebay instead of flea marketing since you don't have a car. ;)

Laura's Babies
07-15-2006, 07:55 AM
e-bay sounds like a good idea.. If you got stuff to sell, why not give that a try?

slleipnir
07-15-2006, 08:16 AM
Someone here sold a bottle of PEI singing sand for over $30 on ebay.(singing sand is just regular beach sand...however, if you walk on it, it makes a funny noise) People will buy ANYTHING...you just need to advertise it right.

moosmom
07-15-2006, 08:21 AM
Breeding's expensive, huh??

wolfsoul
07-15-2006, 07:56 PM
Ooh, I love the Ebay idea! Do I need a credit card to sign up though? I don't have one. I had a friend that bought stuff at garage sales and sold it for lots of money on Ebay. He made tons.

Breeding's expensive, huh??
Wait till I'm actually breeding. :rolleyes: :p THEN it'll be expensive lol.

moosmom
07-16-2006, 11:36 AM
Have you found homes for Visa's pups yet??

mustlovedogs
07-16-2006, 11:55 AM
Ooh, I love the Ebay idea! Do I need a credit card to sign up though? I don't have one. I had a friend that bought stuff at garage sales and sold it for lots of money on Ebay. He made tons.

Yes, I'm pretty sure you need a credit card to sign up. :) The reason being-

When you sign up for Ebay, the expect you to not only sell things but buy them, but maybe you could try e-mailing someone on ebay and try explaining to them your situation? Maybe then the'll only let you sell things without a credit card rather than buying things with a credit card?

If that was confusing, I'll try re-explaining, hehe. :p

cloverfdx
07-16-2006, 12:31 PM
Just be careful with Ebay Jordan.. friends have had money missing from their accounts on a regular basis.. with no word from Ebay as to why.

Donna did you not read Jordans first post about having money saved up already? your on a roll today :rolleyes:.

buttercup132
07-16-2006, 12:52 PM
oo oo pick me!!

Lemonade stand!!!:D
As for something you could really do I have no clue what to suggest.
sorry

Have you found homes for Visa's pups yet?? Check dog general theres quite a few threads on her breeding. Shes doing it RIGHT.

catnapper
07-16-2006, 01:07 PM
You don't need a credit card to sell on ebay. Paypal is good to have, but all you need for that is a bank account. But if you didn't want to bother with that, you could specify that buyers pay with money orders or checks.

I just sold a football trading card for $32 on ebay this week... and I had found it while cleaning out drawers a few months ago. I'm trying to figure out Ashley's camera enough to photograph some other stuff to sell. One little thing at a time adds up nicely on ebay. I've been averaging about $50 extra a month from ebay by just posting a few things ehre or there. Its been a nice little bump.... the only problem is getting the time to photograph everything and write the listing :rolleyes:

wolfsoul
07-16-2006, 01:47 PM
Have you found homes for Visa's pups yet??
It's not my litter, it's not my job to find them homes. Marla never places the puppies until they are old enough to know what homes are best. She always waits to see how the puppies turn out before placing them accordingly -- after all, with the huge difference between the dam's and sire's drive and hardness level, these will be very different puppies. We can't honestly tell someone that half the litter is going to be high drive and hard tempered and half the litter is going to be low drive and soft tempered. There will probably be some low drive hard tempered, some high drive soft tempered, etc. And then we also don't know how many of them will be show quality. After all, at 4 weeks they could be fine, and then at 8 weeks their bite could go off. It isn't responsible to ask people to send in their deposits when we just can't tell them what they are getting. It's best to wait until the puppies are 8 weeks old so that we can more accuratly guess what they will turn out to be like. Belgians are very dangerous dogs that can not go to just any home -- they need to go to a home that suits their temperment. While we can take someone's name and number, there is no guarantee that they are getting a puppy. Marla will even GIVE a puppy to the right home, and she's done it several times before (hence why she loses money lol).

Just be careful with Ebay Jordan.. friends have had money missing from their accounts on a regular basis.. with no word from Ebay as to why.
That's what people keep warning me about -- is there any way to avoid this? I don't really plan on buying things on ebay, just selling. Will this help keep my account safe?

One little thing at a time adds up nicely on ebay. I've been averaging about $50 extra a month from ebay by just posting a few things ehre or there. Its been a nice little bump....
That's awesome, that is what I'm hoping for. I'm moving in to a new place and it's going to cost me $250 more a month. I'd love something just to help out a bit, as I HATE spending money (on myself, atleast. When it comes to the animals, go wild, but when it comes to myself.. :rolleyes: ).

Argranade
07-16-2006, 01:55 PM
When I need money I sell stuff I dont need or sell stuff I do need even tho I dont wanna sell it because I sell it to get something else I kinda want more got it? lol :p

buttercup132
07-16-2006, 02:38 PM
It's not my litter, it's not my job to find them homes. Marla never places the puppies until they are old enough to know what homes are best. She always waits to see how the puppies turn out before placing them accordingly -- after all, with the huge difference between the dam's and sire's drive and hardness level, these will be very different puppies. We can't honestly tell someone that half the litter is going to be high drive and hard tempered and half the litter is going to be low drive and soft tempered. There will probably be some low drive hard tempered, some high drive soft tempered, etc. And then we also don't know how many of them will be show quality. After all, at 4 weeks they could be fine, and then at 8 weeks their bite could go off. It isn't responsible to ask people to send in their deposits when we just can't tell them what they are getting. It's best to wait until the puppies are 8 weeks old so that we can more accuratly guess what they will turn out to be like. Belgians are very dangerous dogs that can not go to just any home -- they need to go to a home that suits their temperment. While we can take someone's name and number, there is no guarantee that they are getting a puppy. Marla will even GIVE a puppy to the right home, and she's done it several times before (hence why she loses money lol).

That's what people keep warning me about -- is there any way to avoid this? I don't really plan on buying things on ebay, just selling. Will this help keep my account safe?

That's awesome, that is what I'm hoping for. I'm moving in to a new place and it's going to cost me $250 more a month. I'd love something just to help out a bit, as I HATE spending money (on myself, atleast. When it comes to the animals, go wild, but when it comes to myself.. :rolleyes: ).
My mom has been selling on e bay for years.

She gose to the second hand stores and finds high name brands that look new.
My aunt also sells on there and she found a plastic calvin klein see through rain coat that sold for $1000
and she got it from the used store for $7 (what a profit!!)
Angora stuff sells really well too (80% or more)it can sell for 30-80+$
my mom can makes around 1000 or more a month (sometimes more not often)from selling on there

wolfsoul
07-16-2006, 02:50 PM
Wow, that's awesome! I'm always finding things at garage sales that I dn't need but I want to buy just because I know it is such a good deal. I love going to garage sales and flea markets so I think I'd have alot of fun.

ashleycat
07-16-2006, 03:18 PM
I've never sold the right stuff. So I've never made anything :( Of couse I've only tried selling a few bracelets to get a feel for how it works.

wolfsoul
07-16-2006, 03:20 PM
Darn, it turns out that new sellers do need a credit card. :( I'm going to see if someone will let me borrow their's..

buttercup132
07-16-2006, 03:31 PM
Darn, it turns out that new sellers do need a credit card. :( I'm going to see if someone will let me borrow their's..hmm then I would suggest saying money orders only because I'm pretty sure if you sign up wiht someone elses crediit card when you go to get the money out of pay pal then it gose to that credit card. Unless you have a very trusting freind who wont spend your money and will give you the exact amount that you made.

wolfsoul
07-16-2006, 03:40 PM
It won't even let me sign up without a credit card though -- I can't finish my registration. I just tried signing up for a credit card, hoping that I could just put $0 on it but I can't have one without the annual fee unless I put $5000 on it. Guess I won't be getting an Ebay account. :( How dissapointing.

wolfsoul
07-16-2006, 03:59 PM
My boss said she'll help me find a good credit card. :) Yay.

Uabassoon
07-16-2006, 04:03 PM
Doing housework is also a good way to make money. I know lots of people that would be very happy to pay to have someone help do cleaning work.

wolfsoul
07-16-2006, 04:10 PM
The only problem with housework is that I don't have a vehicle. My mom used to do houswork and I remember her lugging around tons of cleaning supplies and whatnot. I don't know if I could do that without a vehicle. :confused:

Uabassoon
07-16-2006, 04:23 PM
The only problem with housework is that I don't have a vehicle. My mom used to do houswork and I remember her lugging around tons of cleaning supplies and whatnot. I don't know if I could do that without a vehicle. :confused:

Maybe if you do it for family friends they would be willing to pick you up. You could also request that you use their cleaning supplies.

binka_nugget
07-16-2006, 05:01 PM
^^ LOL.

Do you guys have Money Mart in Kelowna? I know you can get a prepaid credit card. Most places that take Mastercard should take those as well. It costs $20 to get it but it's nice since it's prepaid and it's still accepted like a regular credit card.

wolfsoul
07-16-2006, 06:14 PM
Yep, we have Money Mart. Is there an annual fee? I'm never even going to use the credit card, I just want it so I can be on Ebay LOL.

binka_nugget
07-16-2006, 06:26 PM
Yep, we have Money Mart. Is there an annual fee? I'm never even going to use the credit card, I just want it so I can be on Ebay LOL.

As far as I know, nope. Just pay the one time fee, then you're good to go. They charge a slight fee every time you add money to your account.. but since you won't be using it, it doesn't really matter. :p

moosmom
07-16-2006, 07:00 PM
Wolfsoul,

At least she's careful in who she places her dogs with. That's very wise.

Buttercup132,

Donna did you not read Jordans first post about having money saved up already? your on a roll today

And your point is????