PDA

View Full Version : Can you see the baby birds?

RobiLee
07-14-2006, 06:49 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v154/Robilee/IMG_1728.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v154/Robilee/IMG_1726.jpg

Thats the front of one baby birdie and the back of the second one. This is the fourth nesting this year. Does anyone know how long mom and pop birds do this? As soon as one set of babies leave they start all over again. This is the same pair of birds that were here last year also. I love watching them, but I want to get rid of that portable basketball hoop so bad! Alden keeps saying he is going to haul it out of here, but before he can get to it the birds are at it again and I just don't have the heart to send them on their way. Hopefully after these babies have flown the coop we can get it out of here before the new clutch of eggs are laid. Hmmm, is clutch the right word? Seems like I've heard that somewhere..lol.

DrKym
07-14-2006, 08:48 PM
Clutch is correct, and I wish we had your problem! the blue jays have about run off everyother bird in our yard! except a pair of cardinals, I adore doves. :)

Argranade
07-14-2006, 08:58 PM
What cuties Im looking after a new baby dove right now and have 2 full grown morning dove's I have released them but they keep comming back lol. :D

As soon as they fly the coop remove that basket thing? lol and thats that Im shur they shall find another place to nest altho I would not remove it I rather have them stay but then again thats me a crazy bird girl. :p

zoomer
07-14-2006, 10:49 PM
I can! They're so cute!

Daisy and Delilah
07-15-2006, 06:19 AM
Awesome pictures Robin!! I see the little birds(I think). Thanks for sharing the great photos! :)

Kirsten
07-15-2006, 06:33 AM
How beautiful! :) Heartwarming pictures! :)

Kirsten

RobiLee
07-15-2006, 09:20 AM
As soon as they fly the coop remove that basket thing? lol and thats that Im shur they shall find another place to nest altho I would not remove it I rather have them stay but then again thats me a crazy bird girl. :p

Oh, I would love for them to stay. I really enjoy watching them and checking in on them every day. The problem is that the portable basketball thing is sitting right in front of the garage door and I can't get my new car in there and I want my car kept in the garage. The only other place we can move it to is on the back patio which can't happen because then the dogs can get to them. We've been planning to take it out to my folk's place for the longest time now, but the birds keep ruling the roost ;). I gotta toughen up and chase the doves off and destroy the nest and I just can't seem to do that..lol.

Argranade
07-15-2006, 09:25 AM
Oh, I would love for them to stay. I really enjoy watching them and checking in on them every day. The problem is that the portable basketball thing is sitting right in front of the garage door and I can't get my new car in there and I want my car kept in the garage. The only other place we can move it to is on the back patio which can't happen because then the dogs can get to them. We've been planning to take it out to my folk's place for the longest time now, but the birds keep ruling the roost ;). I gotta toughen up and chase the doves off and destroy the nest and I just can't seem to do that..lol.

Oh well if there blocking off your garage they can get on there way after those baby's have started feldging. :)

Since they nested there so much they should move to a diff location near by and hopefuly you can still see some baby morning dove's around.