PDA

View Full Version : New NY Talk Show

newnytalkshow
07-14-2006, 12:19 PM
I am a producer with a new talk show debuting this fall in New York City. I'm doing research on people who are obsessed with their pets. If your family, friends, spouse, and/or partner is fed up with the amount of money and/or time you are spending on your pet, I would love to talk to you.
This could be your chance to share your story with the rest of America and receive advice from our host (a licensed psychiatrist).
Feel free to call me at our toll free number: 1.888.372.2569 (ext. 4294), or you can email me at [email protected].
Thank you!!!

Roxyluvsme13
07-14-2006, 12:30 PM
So if we're obsessed with our pets you're going to give us Psychiatric help? :confused:

pitc9
07-14-2006, 12:37 PM
We'll... you've come to the right place to find people that are obsessed with our pets. My husband is always crabbing about everything, we'd be perfect for the show.
But I'll be sure he never finds out about the show!
I wouldn't like a licensed psychiatrist to tell me I'm nuts and that I shouldn't be so obsessed with my pets on national TV.
:D

Laura's Babies
07-14-2006, 01:28 PM
WHO said there is something wrong with being obsessed with our pets? I do not think something that brings joy into your life, never judges you, is always there for you, comforts you could be called an obsession. To me it is just returning the joy and love they have brought into my house and my life. THEY are what makes my house a home... so WHO dares to say there is something wrong with that? :eek: ... (I personally think there is something wrong with the person who finds fault in loving your pets.)

JenBKR
07-14-2006, 01:29 PM
Um, I'm happy being obsessed with my pets. Maybe you should try an anti-pet site lol :D

And, I seriously don't think that pet lovers need psychiatric help :(

caseysmom
07-14-2006, 01:41 PM
Wow what a great opportunity, go on tv and be made fun of and then you get a hollywood quake to tell you how nutty you are just for loving your pets, who wouldn't jump on that :D

Roxyluvsme13
07-14-2006, 01:43 PM
:rolleyes:
If you'd rather have Happy rescue stories then I'd love to be on your show, but I'm not going on there to get told I'm crazy because I love my pets.. :/

Ginger's Mom
07-14-2006, 01:46 PM
:confused: I thought the licensed psychiatrist was to help the person who was upset about the time and money being spent on a valued member of the family. Not for the person who was understandably putting the time, money and effort into expanding the family unit. ;)

sparks19
07-14-2006, 02:30 PM
Nope my husband loves our dog just as much as I do.

We are happy being crazy ;)

sasvermont
07-14-2006, 02:38 PM
This sounds fishy to me!

Why not try another source? Folks here are tooooo nice to be made fun of.

:rolleyes:

Alysser
07-14-2006, 03:14 PM
Your confusing me? First off, why would we be fed up with spending money on our pets if we are obsessed with them? :confused: People at Pettalk obviously wouldn't be mad about how much money they spent on there dogs/cats/fish/birds/ect. They wouldn't join Pettalk if they hated spending money on their pets. :rolleyes: This board is kind of insulting me.

zippy-kat
07-14-2006, 04:19 PM
Is the host of the show a puppy? :D As the saying goes, "There is no better psychiatrist in the world than a puppy licking your face."

I think that this person may be talking about collectors, not pet owners who dress Fido and Fluffy in a fun outfit/collar for a stroll about the neigborhood.

And geez, guys... seeing a psychiatrist doesn't mean you're "nuts" or "crazy" or what-have-you. Being e're the product junkie, I'll quote my Philosophy bottle, "If you had a broken arm you'd seek help... the same attitude should be adopted towards mental health." (Granted, I question the amount of progress that can be made in a half-hour segment on tv...) Sorry for the rant! I was a psych student once upon a time ago. ;)

Anywho, let it air. I'd watch it! (Of course I love talk/reality shows of most any kind... and if they're pet related, all the better. lol)

Maya & Inka's mommy
07-14-2006, 04:23 PM
I am nuts too, and very proud of it :p :D :p

*iluvskipper*
07-14-2006, 04:25 PM
since when did pet-loving need psychiatric-help????? that really doesn't make sense to me....... :confused: :( :mad:

AbbyMom
07-14-2006, 04:51 PM
If your family, friends, spouse, and/or partner is fed up with the amount of money and/or time you are spending on your pet, I would love to talk to you.
I'm fed up with the way vet costs have skyrocketed in the last 10 years so that simple routine vet visits are out of reach for many families and emergencies can really financially hurt almost any family.

There's a very interesting story behind the increase in vet costs nationwide...perhaps you could do a story on that (check Consumer Reports).

And my husband and I are quite happy to spend as much time as possible doting on the cats and spending whatever it takes.

RobiLee
07-14-2006, 05:08 PM
LOL...I think you have come to the wrong place.

dukedogsmom
07-14-2006, 05:49 PM
Another "nut" here. I think you need to go elsewhere. Who said it was wrong to love your pets and do anything for them? There are way too many abused and neglected in this world. Would you be saying the same thing if the topic were human children?

Argranade
07-14-2006, 09:06 PM
Pround to a a crazy Canadian pet Bird Lover :D :D :D

DrKym
07-14-2006, 09:08 PM
Well now hmmmmmmmmmmmm as a Dr. heres my 2 cents, first off your psychiatrist needs an appt in my office ASAP so we can deal with the obvious trauma that this person has suffered by not being obsessed with animals. Secondly I will glady go on if I am allowed rebuttal to the absolute farce you are presenting, Your arrogance in stipulating that there is a psycho social issue based on interaction between species and then trying to create a denominator (money in this case) thereby putting a dollar value on life in any shape is apalling.

Laura's Babies
07-15-2006, 08:08 AM
What is a troll?

gini
07-15-2006, 10:50 AM
So that's what is wrong with me? Who knew?

I was madly in love with my first dog - a little black poodle named Dutchess.
Mmm, how I loved that little dog and she knew it!

Then along came Sugar - my first cat - and the love of my life for 18 years.

Soon followed Patches and Magic and yes, due to their illnesses were a huge money drain - worth every single penny.

And now Rascal after making it clear that he was going to live here........and I would be thrilled..........along with the twin girls Annie and Emma.........my little love tribe.

Did I mention the front porch kitty? No? Well, that' a whole other story.

I had no idea that I needed help - and to think in one half hour on a tv
show - I could be cured? :D :D

Killearn Kitties
07-15-2006, 11:08 AM
Perhaps we could go on as a group? We have always been looking for a millionaire to join PT and buy a place where we could all meet up together. Perhaps this is the answer folks! I'm sure a television network would have enough cash to get us all there and I've always wanted to visit New York. The original post implies that they are looking for Americans which could be a bit tricky for the rest of us, I'll need some coaching with my accent in advance.

I wonder what the psychatrist will make of Mario, Lady, Possum, hypoallergenic orange/blue kitten and the dead parrot?

gini
07-15-2006, 11:16 AM
Oh Karen, what a great idea! We should send Mario!!! I wonder if HE could explain Thursdays.

I recall last year groaning inside when the firemen asked me WHAT IS THURSDAYS?

Roxyluvsme13
07-15-2006, 11:20 AM
Hey, that's a good idea. We should all go on the show. :D

Killearn Kitties
07-15-2006, 11:24 AM
Absolutely! We'll show that psychiatrist who is the one needing help.

Miss Z
07-15-2006, 11:43 AM
Hey, that's a good idea. We should all go on the show. :D

ROTFLMAO, NY here I come!:p

A psychiatrist? Are you serious? That's just pathetic, one of the reasons I hate the whole chat show kind of thing. We love our pets, end of story. We don't need talking to on why or why not this is normal. And as Alyssa said, it is kind of insulting. I was going to say you can stick your show where the sun don't shine, but actually, I've changed my mind, I'd love to go on it and humour you all. Non pet-lovers don't know what they're missing. :D ;)

Forever a pet lover and proud!

Roxyluvsme13
07-15-2006, 01:55 PM
Really. If they reply back sign me up to be on the show. I'll tell my pet's stories, and I'll bring Lily and Roxy with me.. :D

Suki Wingy
07-15-2006, 03:45 PM
bye bye OP, you need to leave

elizabethann
07-16-2006, 09:42 AM
Just what NYC needs, ANOTHER talk show!!!! :confused:

K9soul
07-16-2006, 11:53 AM
Well the OP is probably looking for extreme cases.. i.e. someone who is obsessed to the point they actually put EVERYTHING else second, their job, their family, their partner, their kids perhaps. I'm thinking beyond extreme here, like buying diamond-studded collars while the family has to eat Ramen noodles LOL. I could be wrong though.

Still I think it's rather odd to come to a message board looking for this type of thing. I'm not sure what to think but like Robin, I don't think the OP came to the right place :D.

Dorothy39
07-16-2006, 12:37 PM
"Now off, before somebody drops a house on you too"!!!

:D :D :D I couldn't resist another Oz quote!!!! :D :D

davidpizzica
07-16-2006, 06:33 PM
Perhaps we could go on as a group? We have always been looking for a millionaire to join PT and buy a place where we could all meet up together. Perhaps this is the answer folks! I'm sure a television network would have enough cash to get us all there and I've always wanted to visit New York. The original post implies that they are looking for Americans which could be a bit tricky for the rest of us, I'll need some coaching with my accent in advance.

I wonder what the psychatrist will make of Mario, Lady, Possum, hypoallergenic orange/blue kitten and the dead parrot?
Karen, Orc can be a whole show by himself!

moosmom
07-16-2006, 07:41 PM
I'm certifiable!!! :p My cats ARE my children. And I don't need no stinking boyfriend, husband, or significant other to tell me that I'm spending too much on my furbabies. And I don't need to stinking shrink no tell me I'm outta my freaking mind!! I already KNOW that!!! :p:p

Dr. Goodnow,

Amen, girl!!