PDA

View Full Version : No wonder this girl has hairball problems!!!

Kirsten
07-14-2006, 08:48 AM
Obviously it's going to be a long and hot summer, as the girls are shedding terribly this year (heard from others here that it's the same with their cats, too).

So I'm brushing the girls as often as possible. Lily hardly tolerates it, but Luna really enjoys it. You only need to show the brush to her, or mention the word, and she comes running.

But this is what her brush is looking like after each session: :eek:

http://www.catmom.de/pix/brush1.jpg

http://www.catmom.de/pix/brush2.jpg

Amazing, isn't it? Looks like she can hardly believe it herself! LOL

Kirsten

sirrahbed
07-14-2006, 09:00 AM
W:eek:W!! That's a bunch of hair!! I had to laugh at that picture with Luna examining the brush with her paw :D

Laura's Babies
07-14-2006, 09:01 AM
I have the shedding tool and Giz just LOVES it. I can't brush any of the others because she comes running and gets between me and whoever I am trying to brush, grabbing at it. She will take it from you, hold it in her paws and brush her own face with it. She is such a character! She likes to walk back in forth in front of you so you can brush her, first this side, then the other, back and forth...

Amy loves being brushed with it too and she will lay there being still and just pur her little heart out while I brush her. Chester will tolerate it a little while and so will Samantha but Giz and Amy LOVE it!

catmandu
07-14-2006, 09:08 AM
Wow, thats a lot of fur.
You could almost stuff a mattress with cat Fur!
Its good to groom every day.
Anyone want a Found Cat Hair Pillow?

Maya & Inka's mommy
07-14-2006, 09:41 AM
Only Maya and Zazou love it. Inka growls, and Snoopy bites!!!
I have a shreddet tool, and whenever I use it on Maya , I have a huge pile of hair :eek:

Laura's Babies
07-14-2006, 09:44 AM
(Mama use to say, "That's enough fur to make some kitten britches!")

catlover4ever
07-14-2006, 09:57 AM
Kirsten...your going to have another cat with all that fur before you know it. ;) ;)

Mystic loves to be groomed. All you have to do is say the word "groom" to her or go in the direction of her grooming basket and she comes running....talking to me all the way.

orangemm
07-15-2006, 04:08 AM
Isn't that funny how some just LOVE the brush and a few won't tolerate it?

All I have to do is pull the brush out, show it to the boys, and they fall down at my feet!

That's a LOT of fur! :eek:

Kirsten
07-15-2006, 06:01 AM
Even though we have these extended grooming sessions here, someone threw up a huuuge hair ball this morning! :D

Kirsten

Sus
07-15-2006, 12:45 PM
.. that we're not the only ones to have problems!! :D Bella is also shedding terribly and I seem to be able to brush off wooll forever! :eek: Below picture shows the result of 1 brushing!!! And I bet I can brush off the same amount tomorrow!! I'm sorry that Bella is not in the picture, she got cranky and left the minute I decided she'd had enough and let go of her...! :D

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y224/Suss/023_21.jpg

(Sorry, about the rotation, in Photobucket it has been rotated, so I don't know what the problem is!)

Lots of love,
Sus and Bella

dionne
07-16-2006, 02:22 AM
i'm actually half tempted to make a cat hair pillow, or stuffed blankets even!! i'd get rich :D !! yes, my abby kitty loves the brush too, all you have to say to him is "brush?" and there he goes!! whats funny is he sheds more than angel, and angels hair is a lot longer....by the way, luna is beautiful!! what gorgeous colors, and markings!! :eek:

Kirsten
07-16-2006, 03:10 AM
A cat hair pillow? Cool idea! Maybe I should start collecting my girl's hair! :)

Kirsten

catnapper
07-16-2006, 09:12 AM
LOL..... I had the same thing with Flutter a few weeks ago!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v632/kasdesign/Flutter-Brushed.jpg
I swear she'd let me brush her til she was bald!

moosmom
07-16-2006, 10:09 AM
I've been combing my crew, 'cept for MooShoo and I am amazed at the amount of dead fur they have. The girls outside also got a good combing. I was able to clip off MOST of the last mat that Fluffy has.

cloverfdx
07-16-2006, 10:58 AM
Oh wow that sure is alot of hair :eek:. Cute photos Kirsten.

Kirsten
07-17-2006, 03:32 PM
Well, with all the fur that's in the brush every day, I'm surprised that there's still fur ON her!!! :eek:

Kirsten