PDA

View Full Version : I need to vent...

moosmom
07-13-2006, 07:20 PM
Most of you know that I found a kitten for my co-worker Levar. Gunner had a vet appointment last Friday. He got the works, dewormed, distemper shot, complete physical. Total cost = $148.23.

I took the money I was to pay my car payment with and forked it over, figuring they wouldn't have a problem with paying me back cuz it's stuff that needs to be done.

WRONG!!!

My car payment is now overdue. They gave me $30 towards the balance and SAID it would be paid in full this week. Tomorrow is Friday. I spoke with Levar's Dad last night about it. He wanted to know why it was so expensive. I explained and told him that he probably wouldn't have to fork out that much money again, as it was his initial physical. He seemed to be happy with it and said he'd take care of it. I talked to Levar this afternoon and he got all pissed at me, saying he wished he had known how much it would've cost cuz he would've put it off till he had the money. Even I didn't know how much it was gonna be till after they totaled the bill up.

Now I'm out $110.23 and have the car finance company calling me about my car payment.

Gunner has another appt with the vet in 2 weeks for his booster distemper shot, but I'm not taking him because I just don't have it to put out. I worry about him. He's so little. I hope Levar's Dad doesn't decide to take him back to the shelter. I'll be devastated.

Any suggestions??? I think I'm more mad that I put myself in that kind of position. *sigh* never again!

dukedogsmom
07-13-2006, 08:03 PM
If you don't realise that you can't do everything you want to for the critters, you're going to be in a world of hurt. There are so many more things I would love to do for animals but it's just not possible right now. I hope everything gets straightened out.

moosmom
07-13-2006, 08:06 PM
I hope everything gets straightened out too. I am in absolutely NO financial condition to be putting out that kinda money. But he said it would be no problem so I didn't hesitate. Lesson learned.

Craftlady
07-13-2006, 08:09 PM
I would say something again to the coworker. Let him (coworker) know you used car payment monies to pay the vet bill for them and need to be paid back immediately.

Let the coworker know you dont have it to advance this next time. So for the next appointment they can give you $ first.

moosmom
07-13-2006, 08:14 PM
Craftlady,

He already knows that, as I told him. I've got to work on Sunday so hopefully I see him then. His dad asked me if I'd take a post dated check and I said no, that I put out cash for the cat, I expect the same in return. I just talked to Levar and he said he's been calling around asking people if he could borrow the money. I told him I was cancelling Gunner's next appt with the vet. I hate to do it because he's just a baby and needs his shots, but I'm not in any position to fork over any more money for anything.

Laura's Babies
07-13-2006, 08:36 PM
One thing I learned a long time ago.... People will screw you over money, faster than you can bat a eye. Didn't someone else here go through something similar to this? I think they went to the pound and put the money down for the kitty and took it home.... then the person changed their mind and didn't want the kitty. Anybody remember that?

K9karen
07-13-2006, 08:45 PM
DONNA..I SENT YOU A PM..CALL OR REPLY ASAP

DrKym
07-13-2006, 08:49 PM
Donna I am so sorry! I wish we could help I will call you later but I am at my wits end myself it may be a real possibility due to jurisdiction and court sh1t that alex will have to go back to his mother so they can prove she abuses him in her care :mad: I am literally stomach sick, all these agencies all these ppl and no one will just say ok thats it we are done. Instead we are now getting well technically this and if that happens but if this happens instead and oh we think we could................................

Zippy
07-13-2006, 10:29 PM
I will pray that everthing works out.

moosmom
07-13-2006, 10:51 PM
Laura's Babies,

Yeah, that was me too.:rolleyes: *blushes from embarassment* My nail technician wanted a kitten for her niece for Christmas. I went and pulled the kitten out of the shelter, paid the $50 adoption fee and she then changed her mind. I did find a home for the kitten and got my money back through the adoption fee.

I guess I've got SUCKER written all over me. Never again.

Laura's Babies
07-14-2006, 07:51 AM
opps! I couldn't remember who it was that happened to and had no idea it was you.. People DO take advantage of our love for these babies when they see just how much we love them.

carole
07-14-2006, 03:20 PM
Donna you are no sucker, just someone with the biggest heart ever, and sometimes people just take advantage of that, I am sorry to hear about this, and i really hope a solution can be found, so that you are not in the financial red,the fact that you find it hard to say No when a kitty is in need despite your troubles just shows what a beautiful person you are. :)

Hoping that everything works out for you, HUGS.

moosmom
07-16-2006, 07:06 PM
I saw Levar today. He apologized left and right saying I caught him on a "tight" week (it WAS 4th of July) and that his Dad is going to give me extra for all the aggravation he's caused AND he's taking me to lunch. I told him if he really couldn't afford Gunner, I'd take him and try to find a home for him. He didn't have the heart to give him up and that his cat Daisy is VERY attached to him.

So, I'll wait till Thursday. :( Not making my life any easier but I'll give them the benefit of the doubt.

carole
07-17-2006, 08:17 PM
For your sake Donna i hope they are not false promises, fingers and paws all crossed here for their word being good and everything working out well.