PDA

View Full Version : I'm getting a new addition Sunday! Cockatiel! Pics! Updated 7/17

My Peanuts
07-13-2006, 03:09 PM
As some of you know, Milton passed away last week. I was very sad and couldn't stop crying. Milton's cage mate, Bessie, has been upset too. I and the woman that adopted Bessie to me have been talking. She has, what she thinks is a good match for Bessie. She knows me and that I am a very responsible pet owner so she is giving me the new guy! She knows that I am still paying off Milton's very high, but totally worth it, vet bills. In return I am tiel sitting for a male Lutino Pearl while she is in Florida for the week. Bessie's new buddy is a male (pretty sure) 9 month old Pied tiel. I'm so excited because I've never had a Pied. I feel guilty because Milton has been gone only a week, but I really think it's the best thing for Bessie.

Here is the new guy! I haven't met him yet, but he sounds perfect for Bess.
Ps. the little girl tiel in the back is what the foster mom calls handicapped. She had some defects, poor thing, and she isn't available for adoption. I saw her when I got Bessie in December and she gets around pretty well.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v43/Jejsdian/f857cdc0.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v43/Jejsdian/3fffd6fb.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v43/Jejsdian/b520aafb.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v43/Jejsdian/0666a9ae.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v43/Jejsdian/c159db2f.jpg

finn's mom
07-13-2006, 03:13 PM
he's gorgeous, i'm sure he and bessie will be best pals. i'm sorry about milton. i think you're doing the right thing for your bird, though.

Logan
07-13-2006, 03:35 PM
He looks so much like Roger and Bennie, Diana!!!!! :) He is adorable. I hope everything will work out well for you all and that Bessie will be happy again.

Logan

lute
07-13-2006, 04:01 PM
he is very cute! looks real happy. i hope Bessie will like her new buddy.

zoomer
07-13-2006, 04:13 PM
Awwww he is so cute! :D

My Peanuts
07-13-2006, 04:27 PM
Thanks everyone. He IS a cutie :)

I wanted to add for those of you that don't know what happened to Milton. Milton had an enlarged liver and kidney failure. I adopted him 2 years ago from the Humane Society and I had no idea how old he was. The vet thinks he was old. He didn't die of an air borne illness so Bessie or any new bird aren't in any danger. Just thought I'd add that because I re-read what I wrote and it seemed a little irresponsible.

dab_20
07-13-2006, 04:29 PM
He's gorgous! I love pied tiels. I'm sure Bessie and him will become good friends. :)

I'm very sorry about Milton. :(

Chilli
07-13-2006, 04:36 PM
He is gorgeous! :D Absolutely beautiful. I'm sure Bessie will love having another tiel as company, it might help the healing process for you, too.

binka_nugget
07-13-2006, 04:38 PM
He's adorable! Congrats on the soon-to-be new addition!

Logan
07-13-2006, 04:45 PM
I think we all know you well enough to know that in no way are you irresponsible, Diana. We all grieve for Milton. I dread the day that I lose one of mine because unlike our dogs and cats, it might be that we just find a bird has lost its life and there is nothing that we could have done.

I'm so happy that you are getting a new partner for Bessie.

Logan

My Peanuts
07-13-2006, 05:02 PM
Oh Logan, I think I might name the new guy after you :). I hope that doesn't sound too creepy :p. You are always so nice to me and I've always liked that name, plus it can be for a male or female. The foster mom is pretty sure he's a male, but if she's wrong then I don't have to change his name! It's not for sure yet, but the name Logan is the front runner right now :D. Plus he looks like Roger so it makes even more sense.

lute
07-13-2006, 05:12 PM
atleast Milton got to spend his final years in a good home. :D

Logan
07-13-2006, 06:15 PM
That is so sweet, Diana. :) What an honor. Even if your chose to name him "Roger", it would be ok with me. Thank you.

Just today, a friend on another board posted a picture of a feisty new kitten (gray, with blue eyes), who she has named "Logan", after me. Wasn't that sweet? I told her that based on the attitude she described, maybe that kitty would have been better off being named "Butter" instead! LOL!!!

Zippy
07-13-2006, 06:32 PM
He is really cute.Sorry about Milton.But he would want you and Bessie to be happy.

lute
07-13-2006, 08:25 PM
That is so sweet, Diana. :) What an honor. Even if your chose to name him "Roger", it would be ok with me. Thank you.

Just today, a friend on another board posted a picture of a feisty new kitten (gray, with blue eyes), who she has named "Logan", after me. Wasn't that sweet? I told her that based on the attitude she described, maybe that kitty would have been better off being named "Butter" instead! LOL!!!

if you wouldn't be so darn nice! :p ;) :D

My Peanuts
07-16-2006, 05:12 PM
I'm leaving in a few minutes to go get my new little guy (or girl) and the bird I am baby sitting for! I'm so excited! :D

binka_nugget
07-16-2006, 05:14 PM
How exciting! We'll be expecting pictures! :D

Zippy
07-16-2006, 05:14 PM
That's great can't wait for pics of him in his new home :)

My Peanuts
07-17-2006, 04:08 PM
They are here! I think they are both girls. Not too sure though. No pictures because I didn’t want to freak them out last night. They aren't with Bessie yet until I know they are not sick. I doubt it though.

Sorry Logan, the baby already had a name and I'm just going to keep it. :rolleyes: I really wanted to name her Logan, but I don't want to confuse her. The babies name is Riley and the other bird is Spanky. Spanky is a silver tiel and Riley is a pied. :)

Also, guess what!?! My family wants to keep Spanky too! So instead of adopting 1 I got 2! Not 100% sure yet, but I'm pretty sure we are keeping Spanky too.

Then there is even more news! My boyfriend went with me to get Riley and Spanky and he fell in love with a male tiel named Clifford. Clifford is a special needs case. He was given up by his owner when he went away to college. So while the foster mom is on vacation he will be bird sitting for Clifford and if all works out he's adopting him! I'm so excited. We are going cage shopping tonight! We pick up Clifford tomorrow or Wednesday.

I will post pictures later tonight. I'm so happy.

jesse_3
07-17-2006, 04:20 PM
That is AWESOME news! I am so excited for you!!! I can't wait for the pics too though. Wow, how unexpected was that, 3 birds instead of 1? Well, *hopefully* 3 birds!! We'll be waiting for the pics!!!

Steph and the crew

Chilli
07-17-2006, 05:00 PM
Wow! Its so great you both are so willing to take in three birds if it works out right! How exciting! I'll be waiting ever so impaitently for those pictures! :D

My Peanuts
07-17-2006, 06:40 PM
Well, I have Bessie (which I adopted from the same lady in December) Riley, and Spanky. Clifford will live with my boyfriend at his house. He's an animal nut just like me :p :D

Logan
07-18-2006, 08:30 AM
Congratulations, Diana!!! :) Don't worry about that name thing! You were sweet to even think about me and I appreciate it!!!!! :D

Cant wait to see pictures of all 3 new additions!!! Hug your boyfriend for me! He sounds like a "keeper"!!!! :D

Logan

My Peanuts
07-18-2006, 12:25 PM
Hug your boyfriend for me! He sounds like a "keeper"!!!! :D

Logan

You know a lot of people say that about him. I can never tell him or he'll use it against me! :p ;)