PDA

View Full Version : Romantic Candlit Dinner for 6

catnapper
07-13-2006, 12:17 PM
Hubby's out of town, so I had a date with a few furrends last night. It was soooo romantic. I sat on my bed, basking in the glow of candlight. The house was so quiet you'd hear a pin drop.... Asian Chicken salad for Chez MickyDees and extraordinary companionship in the the form of 5 begging tabies and a drooling pup :rolleyes:

Why did we have such a "romantic" evening? Because there was a HUGE thunderstorm that blew out the town's transformers. No power whatsoever. No phone since we have internet phone service. It was hot as heck -- a million degrees and 100% humidity (or so it felt!) the power didn't come back on til after midnight and by then I was ready to die. I swear it was a million degrees out! There was absolutely no air flow... the air was as still as can be! Poor Nicki was miserable... pacing back and forth from being upset by the storm and panting a mile a minute. The cats... well, chicken is a powerful motivator to come out and forget about the storm that had just passed!

Thank goodness for McDonald's because I would have had NOTHING to eat.... don't ask me why I stopped at McDonalds on the way home from work, because I never do. Of course, McDonalds was on the side of town that still had power! It seemed my house, an a 3 block radius were in the dark all night.

PS: The house now smells like a curious mix of Christmas spice, Baked Apple Pie, and Vanilla! :p (hey, you are amazed at what candles you find during a power outage!)

sirrahbed
07-13-2006, 12:53 PM
Sounds like you had some fun inspite of the lack of power. Thankfully, we have not had this happen though there have been some nasty storms nearby. I think this season is worse than it has been in many years.

Glad you had some yummy asian chicken to munch on - and bet you are enjoying and appreciating the coolness today :) Having to suffer that heat and humidity is something I would not be able to do very well.