PDA

View Full Version : Sometimes you just have to think like a dog :)

Pam
07-13-2006, 11:01 AM
I was just gathering things together to get ready for giving Ripley a bath. He noticed the towels, shampoo, etc. that I was picking up and went off to hide somewhere. :rolleyes: He is really good during his bath but apparently it isn't his favorite thing in life to participate in. Well, I was planning to bathe him in the kitchen sink and was downstairs when he made his exit, so rather than going up to look for him (I figured he was hiding out under my bed) I opened the front door. We have a security system and when any door is opened there is a little beep. Ripley knows this as a sign that means we have company. :) Poor little guy. I fooled him good. He came running. ;) Now I feel like an evil person for tricking my little guy. :) By the way he is now clean and happy and doing zoomies all over the house. LOL!

molucass
07-13-2006, 11:07 AM
Lol! That's funny.

That's a good way to trick him though.

Killearn Kitties
07-13-2006, 11:09 AM
Aww poor little Ripley! :D At least you didn't rattle the biscuit tin at the bottom of the stairs, which is what my brother-in-law used to do to get the dog to come down.

Dorothy39
07-13-2006, 11:11 AM
I wonder if that trick will work a second time? :D

Great story!!!

4 Dog Mother
07-13-2006, 11:27 AM
Hmm, I wonder if that would work for Dazzi and Jack. They always head for their crates when I get bath stuff out and it is hard dragging them out of their crates and down the hallway as they have their feet planted and trying to stop you. Especially Jack at 65 lbs!

Ripley, I bet you smell all good and feel better too, now don't you!

Ginger's Mom
07-13-2006, 11:46 AM
Ah, poor Ripley. You owe him one visitor (with treats preferably). ;)

BCollie_Kelly
07-13-2006, 12:08 PM
Aww, lol...poor guy! I'd also like to see if it would work again :D

pitc9
07-13-2006, 12:37 PM

LOL!! This is true!

When I first got Sierra she never wanted to come in the house when I was ready to leave for work, she'd run around the yard and avoid me at all cost. So I'd stand by the gate and ask her if she wanted to go for a ride. When she'd get with in my reach I'd grab her and put her in the house. Well, it didn't take long before she knew she really wasn't going anywhere and it didn't work anymore so then I would put her in the car and drive down the road a little bit to make her happy!

Oh we are sneaky humans aren't we?? :p

Pam
07-13-2006, 12:40 PM

Joyce, Ripley says he likes the way you think! ;) I, too, wonder if he'll fall for it again. He does love greeting people at the door so my thought is that he probably will. :p

IRescue452
07-13-2006, 12:44 PM
Sounds like Autumn. She's fine in the tub and even turns around for me so I can get both sides easy, but she hides and puffs out her body and plants her feet so I can't get her to the tub. As long as there are treats in the end everybody is happy.

zoomer
07-13-2006, 12:52 PM
Aww! I should try that trick sometime!

sparks19
07-13-2006, 12:57 PM
LOL nice job :D

We always have to trick Teddy into doing things too but he gets wise after a time or two lol.

Does anyone find it wierd that we brag about being able to fool our PETS :D ;)

Corinna
07-13-2006, 01:23 PM
With Merlin I used to have to shut all the doors before I started getting the baht ready and he was sleeping on the errr his couch. Then grab as he went running by .

lute
07-13-2006, 01:39 PM
LOL! that's funny! right before giving Beanie a bath i put him in his crate. then i gather whatever i need for the bath. once he sees me walk by with the shampoo he's like "OH GOD! OH NO!" when it's time for him i have to carry him to the tub. :rolleyes:

Gracie would live in the tub if she could. all i have to do is say "bath" and she's off to the tub. she loves baths! when we moved to our new house the first thing she did was find all the bathtubs. when she found the master bathroom she jumped in the big garden tub and layed down. mom said "well, she's claimed that tub." :rolleyes:

K9karen
07-13-2006, 08:34 PM
HUMPF! Don't I tell you every night how mean and evil you are????? :p

I'll forgive you THIS time you wicked witch for trickin' my Ripster boy.....

(people..Pam and I are greatest of friends..)

Pam
07-13-2006, 08:44 PM
[COLOR=Indigo]

(people..Pam and I are greatest of friends..)

Yes we are, and Karen and Ripley have gotten to meet, and Ripley got smothered with kisses from his Auntie Karen. :) I have also gotten to meet Mz. Klo too and she is a sweetheart. :)

cyber-sibes
07-13-2006, 09:11 PM
All's fair in love and dog care? ;)
Aren't zoomies the cutest?

Daisy and Delilah
07-14-2006, 06:29 AM
Ripley just didn't understand that the bath was for his own good Pam. The zoomies were his way of thanking you ;) Bath time aorund here is a nightmare with Daisy. She fits in the tiniest places and abhors her bath. It's like a circus trying to get her out from under the bed or wherever she goes. Sometimes I see some toothy grins at bathtime ;) We have to do what we have to do :)

Rachel
07-15-2006, 03:43 PM
Oh, Ripley Honey, did the Mommy trick the little boy? A bath may be necessary but to trick the sweetheart who just wanted to do his good deed of making a guest feel welcome is not fair. You know Auntie Rachel would never trick the Ripster. Mommy needs to play fair, right? She needs to runs around the houser looking for the boy. Then the Ripples can get his bitty bath.

Okay, I'll fess up. I have been known to mention a certain EVIL SQUIRREL when I want someone to go outside and someone doesn't particularly care to go outside. But then the EVIL SQUIRREL could have run up a tree or something.

lizbud
07-15-2006, 04:53 PM
Poor Ripley, tricked again, but for a good cause. :) I always believed
a momma does what a momma's gotta do.

anna_66
07-15-2006, 09:33 PM
Oh Pam, you evil little trickster:p

I've been know to trick mine a time or two and believe me, doesn't take them long to wise up to your tricks:D