PDA

View Full Version : Never underestimate the intelligence of a cat!

nsweezie
07-13-2006, 04:37 AM
Hello!
Thought I'd share a funny story.
We have an attic space in our flat, that you can only access by ladder. My husband was putting some things in there, and he left the ladder while he went to eat lunch as he figured that there was no way the cats could climb up the rungs.
Well, to make a long story short we realised that Odin was nowhere to be found. He had managed, somehow, to climb the ladder, and was having the time of his life in our dusty, messy attic. He stayed up there for 5 hours before he finally had enough (or more likely, got hungry).
Odin is a mess now, covered in dust and cobwebs, and is sleeping now, with a look of pure, angelic innocence.
Louise

Terminalvelocity
07-13-2006, 04:43 AM
What a doll!! And what a great time he must have had! He's a gorgeous fellow and I'll bet he was even cuter covered with attic dust!

Sonia59
07-13-2006, 05:54 AM
Silly Odin! With or without dust on you, you are gorgeous! :)

Killearn Kitties
07-13-2006, 06:17 AM
Quite right too, Odin. Obviously when you saw a great unexplored territory you knew what you had to do. You are a cat after all. :D

zoey
07-13-2006, 06:23 AM
Hahh! Smart kitty! He's probably thinking to himself, *cool, this quiet, dark place has been here all along and now I've discovered it!!*
:D :D

GreyhoundGirl
07-13-2006, 07:03 AM
Awww. Watch out. Curiosity killed the cat ! You don't wanna get all messy again. Or maybe you do... :cool:

Laura's Babies
07-13-2006, 08:04 AM
It is a cats job to investigate EVERYTHING! I am not surprised he figured out how to climb that ladder so he could go check out that new place.. I bet he had tons of fun while he was up there and he will probably be trying to figure out how to get back up there again.

sirrahbed
07-13-2006, 08:47 AM
Thanks for the chuckle this morning - so cute and funny! :D

gini
07-13-2006, 08:54 AM
Now if you WANTED Odin to climb that ladder, there is no way you could get him to do it.

But because you didn't want him up there he figured out how to do it.

But now he is happy because he has now explored his entire territory including the attic.

KitCat
07-13-2006, 11:18 AM
I am sure he's very proud of himself!

jazzcat
07-13-2006, 11:24 AM
Now if you WANTED Odin to climb that ladder, there is no way you could get him to do it.

Boy isn't that the truth!

That's funny, I would have never thought about a cat doing that.

RedHedd
07-13-2006, 11:41 AM
:D He has such a smug look on his cute face. I bet he had lots of fun!

orangemm
07-13-2006, 05:07 PM
What a wild chase he led you on! You must have been half-crazy, wondering where he could be. I can't imagine how he got up that ladder.

In our old house we had folding stairs to the attic and once we found Archy halfway up the rungs (they were wide boards, not narrow metal ones like yours). We were scared to death he'd get up there and fall thru the insulation or get caught where the roof met the floor.

We always do a head count when we go up and down!

Boy, I bet he was all proud of himself! :D

momcat
07-13-2006, 05:24 PM
So, how did you enjoy all that exciting exploring Odin? From the look on your face you must have had a blast! All that new and exciting territory you never even knew was right there waiting for you. Now for your well deserved snack and nap :)

catmandu
07-13-2006, 06:07 PM
I have to be very careful with the Porch, as Pouncierge almost got out again!
They are so clever, and I am half blind.
If she sneaks out I might not notice, that would be a disaster.

Don Juan's mom
07-13-2006, 10:20 PM
Now, now, Odin is just doing his duty as a good patriotic cat! He was checking your attic for terrorists. :eek: If he had found Osama bin Laden up there, he would be acclaimed as a feline hero! :D

Liz

Randy_K
07-14-2006, 12:56 AM
Now he has a new title: Odin the Explorer

Five hours! That must have been great fun for him.

nsweezie
07-14-2006, 03:27 PM
Odin has been sitting under the hatch to the attic all day. I think he is hoping that the ladder will appear again.
I wish I had seen him actually climbing up the ladder. What a smartie he is to figure that one out.
He DID look quite pleased with himself after he came down from the attic!
Louise

nsweezie
12-02-2006, 07:44 AM
Well, he did it AGAIN!
My husband needed something out of the loft. He thought that Odin was sound asleep and figured that he could have the ladder up for 5 minutes without any problems.
WRONG!
I was in the kitchen and thought I heard something above me. My first thought was 'We have rats!'. Nope. Just Odin in the attic!
He had a great time up there and refused to come down for 4 hours. When he did he was filthy!

dukedogsmom
12-02-2006, 08:47 AM
All these mischevious cats here. Don't they know Santa is coming soon? Cats are some of the most determined and hard headed critters I know. The more our Doogie knows he's not supposed to do something, the more determined he is to do it. But you gotta love em. They're just too darned cute not to.

catmandu
12-02-2006, 09:49 AM
Scrappy 2 is so clever!

When I pour treats, or something to eat for a group of Found Ctas she just strrreeetttcches out , grabs thier treats, eats them and then has his own treats
And shes great at grabbing food out of the frying pan or pot, and never burns her paw, ever.
Shes a genius in a tuxedo suit!

KitCat
12-02-2006, 10:18 AM
You know how cats take a closed door a s a personal insult. You should know everything belongs to the cat!

Kirsten
12-02-2006, 10:40 AM
How cute! :) This must have been so exciting for him! Sounds like he had a lot of fun!

Kirsten

orangemm
12-02-2006, 02:57 PM
There must be something enticing up there!

When we go up in our attic, come down and leave the stairs down, we now put a flat board or large piece of cardboard over the hole so that it blocks the entrance. It's easy for us to move, but not for Archy.

krazyaboutkatz
12-02-2006, 04:27 PM
I can't believe he did this again. He probably did it because he knows he's not supposed to. Did he have to have a bath after this?:)