PDA

View Full Version : Hello there....(a bit long)

Bronx'sBower
07-12-2006, 03:13 PM
Hello everyone! I am very excited to have found this website-I used to belong to the boxerboard forums. We rescued a boxer last Thanksgiving-he was a beautiful fawn baby and we loved him so dearly but unexpectedly he got sick. We had him for about three months before we found out he was dying of a rare kidney failure. Unfortunately he got sick very fast and there was nothing we could do-no amount of money would have saved him. We let him go to sleep on St. Patricks day and it was the worse feeling ever. I had so much rage towards backyard breeders but mostly I blamed myself...I couldn't understand why we didn't know he was so sick and I still sometimes blame myself that I should have tried to spend the money regardless of what the vet said. Eventually my grief faded and we soon found another rescue and decided to adopt a "boxer-mix"...first let me say he is the sweetest pup ever (when he wants to be) BUT he is soooo german shepard it's pathetic. So here we are now with Bower, a 6 month 60 lb boxer-shepard mix. At first we felt guilty like we were trying to replace our Bronx but in our hearts we knew those weren't our intentions. One thing I had to remember was Bronx and how unselfish he was and so with that I decided to be unselfish myself and open my heart and home to another innocent pup. Thankfully our Bower is healthy-very healthy and VERY active. He is extremely vocal and constantly tries "talking" to us-usually when he's in trouble :) We are very excited we had the opportunity to rescue another pup and are happy we had the time we had with Bronx. Thank you all for reading all this mumbo-I just wanted to give a background before I begin posting. And as I close he's getting the tp so I think it's a sign to shut up :)

GreyhoundGirl
07-12-2006, 03:29 PM
Hi and welcome to Pet Talk, so sad about your boxer, sniff :( It's such a sad dogs die, especially young dogs. :( You'll love it here ! Be sure to post some pics soon ! :) We love pics ! :D I look forword to writing with you. :)

k9krazee
07-12-2006, 05:38 PM
Welcome to PT, I'd love to see pictures of Bower!! My name is Ashley and I am owned by my five dogs who can be seen in my siggy :D

Ginger's Mom
07-12-2006, 06:53 PM
Hi :) Welcome to Pet Talk. Bower sounds like a very lucky boy to have found such good home. Can't wait to hear more of his adventures and see some pictures (when you get a chance).

zoomer
07-12-2006, 08:08 PM
Welcome to Pet Talk! I am really sorry about your Boxer that passed away. I'd love to see pictures of Bower!