PDA

View Full Version : Peanut asks for prayers - New update (pg 6)

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
07-12-2006, 01:37 PM
I'm sorry I haven't been around much again. It's training week this week for the new girl in the office so I'm without my desk and computer and going through withdrawals. I've only been able to sneak on once or twice since Monday - ack!

But the reason I'm writing.....

--------------------
Sorry to have to do this so soon after the loss of Mimi, but Peanut needs good thoughts and prayers.

I’ve had her on antibiotics for about the last week or so because she had a lot of blood in her urine. According to the vet, this is what’s going to happen as the tumor gets worse. I figured it’s the tumor, but thought the meds wouldn’t hurt just in case there’s a bit of an infection there. She’s been fine with this up until yesterday.

Yesterday morning she seemed fine. She came begging for breakfast, but didn’t eat much which is unusual. Last night when I got home, she didn’t greet me by the door, and seemed lethargic all night. She didn’t eat any dinner either. She was a little sneezy and “snuffly” though, which is unusual. CJ was a little sneezy and snuffly last week after we got back from our 4th of July weekend. I forced some water into Peanut last night to make sure she doesn’t become dehydrated. This morning she seemed a bit better, ate all her breakfast and even begged for milk when Terry was having breakfast. But she still wasn’t her normal self totally.

So, I’m hoping she just caught the snuffles from CJ and that’s all it is. If she’s still the same tonight, I will make an appointment with the vet for an ultrasound to see if the tumor is getting bigger and starting to cause her discomfort. If it is, we will be taking it one day at a time. So please hope and pray that it’s just the snuffles.

Thanks so much. I’m not ready to loose my little girl just yet.
------------------------

Laura's Babies
07-12-2006, 01:44 PM
Awe gee, sweet little Peanut isn't feeling well? Lets hope it is just allergies or a cold... But you know you can count of me for prayers for that pretty little sweetheart!

Craftlady
07-12-2006, 01:45 PM
Keeping good thoughts and prayers for Peanut :)

catnapper
07-12-2006, 01:46 PM
I am so sorry to hear this! Many prayers coming your way for Peanut. (((hugs))) for you too

momoffuzzyfaces
07-12-2006, 01:50 PM
Prayers flying from me for all of you!!! :(

Terminalvelocity
07-12-2006, 01:54 PM
Peanut will be in my thoughts and prayers.:(

K & L
07-12-2006, 02:03 PM
Oh Peanut you MUST feel better soon. We all love you so much.

Randi
07-12-2006, 02:06 PM
Oh Debbie, I'm sorry to hear Peanut isn't feeling too well, I hope it's "just" a cold and she'll get better very soon. However, having discovered blood in her urine, a vet visit is in order.

You're such a good mom to Peanut and CJ, and I'm sure you're monitoring their every move. ;) Forcing water into your little girl was a brilliant idea, it will always help some. :)

I'm really hoping it's not serious, and I'm sending lots of positive vibes and thoughts to Peanut - and hugs to you. Fister sends gentle headbumpies.

kb2yjx
07-12-2006, 02:06 PM
Will send healing and comfort prayers to that sweet Peanut!!! Hugs to Mom!

catlover4ever
07-12-2006, 02:12 PM
Sweet Miss Peanut, I'm sorry to hear that you are not feeling well, you need to get better really quick. Your meowmie is very worried about you and so are all of us here on PT.

Get better soon sweetie!!!!

Debbie, I hope it is just the sniffles (((HUGS))) --- Meg and Tucker

Catsnclay
07-12-2006, 02:16 PM
Oh Debbie, I am so sorry to hear this!

Hopefully it is just something simple as a cold, and I truly hope that is all it is!

Please give Peanut (and CJ) a great big hug from all of us!

We have all of our fingers and paws crossed for Peanut!! Stay strong little Peanut ;)

Killearn Kitties
07-12-2006, 02:24 PM
Sweet Peanut. Please try to eat a little and get better soon. We all love you so much, and are sending all our healthy vibes your way!

Cinder & Smoke
07-12-2006, 02:30 PM
Hi God ~

We're havin a lil trubble wiff dis wun - tears gettin inna way ...

Please do You Best wiff helpin Miz Peanutter get to Feelin Better.

We're all Krossin Klawz & Pawz an sendin Prayers that she'll <bounce back>.

And when You get a minnit - send some Comfort to Debbie & Terry.

Thanks God!

/s/ the Purrayer Kat anna Pups

Barbara
07-12-2006, 02:45 PM
Oh Debbie! I send my best thoughts and Filou and Tigris send healing purrs. I hope Miz Peanut will enjoy her life for quite some time.

orangemm
07-12-2006, 02:59 PM
Sweet little Peanut, you must get better soon for your Meowmie.

Everyone here loves you and sends lots of prayers your way.......... :(

Prairie Purrs
07-12-2006, 03:15 PM
The Denver cats and I are sending lots of healing energy Peanut's way.

Cinder & Smoke
07-12-2006, 05:38 PM
Anybody Home yet??

How's Miz Peanutter doing?

Feel Better, Lil Princess!
{{{Hugs}}}

RedHedd
07-12-2006, 05:59 PM
The M's are holding their paws in prayer for Peanut - one of our favoritest kitties on PT! {{{{{{{ SMOOCH }}}}}}}}

Edwina's Secretary
07-12-2006, 06:39 PM
Oh Peanut! Please....be a good girl (as you always are) and be healthy... ...pllllleeeaaasssee?

slick
07-12-2006, 06:54 PM
Debbie:
I completely understand the worry you are feeling now. It's so hard to see our furbabies grow old. I pray that it's just the sniffles and she will be back to her "regal" self in no time.

{{{hugs}}}
xxoxoxoxoxo

lizbud
07-12-2006, 07:04 PM
Prayers and good wishes for Peanut. Hope she's feeling a bit better
tomorrow. Debbie (HUGS).

captain
07-12-2006, 07:21 PM
Peanut,
I hope you have just picked up CJ's sniffles, and get better real soon.

{{{{hugs}}}}}

jenluckenbach
07-12-2006, 07:42 PM
Many many prayers for Peanut.

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
07-12-2006, 07:53 PM
I'm home now (finally) and SO happy to report that Peanut seems like a completely different kitty than the one I left this morning! :D :D :D <Jumping for joy>

She met me at the door as usual, and after I put her down from smooching on her she immediately led me into the bedroom so I could feed her (she hasn't eaten CJ's food since we moved here, so we have to feed her separately in the bathroom and I keep her food in the second drawer of the dresser in the bedroom). I put her bowl in the bathroom, closed the door, went down to get the mail, smooched on CJ and went to check on her....and she was still eating! :D :D :D After she finally got done eating, she went to her water bowl and took a nice long drink. I picked up her bowl, put it back in the drawer and headed back to the living room. She trotted on ahead of me and went straight for her little box for some butt pats. She only does that when she's excited and happy, so I knew she was feeling much much much much better. :D A little later I went into the kitchen and she followed me in and started begging again. I didn't give her any wet food then because I knew she just ate a big amount and I didn't want her to get sick from eating too much, but you can bet I'll be giving her a treat before bedtime. :D

She did sneeze and snuffle a few times when I first got home, so I'm thinking that's really all it is, but I will still keep a very close eye on her for the next few days. She is back in her little bed now, but she is still sitting up and paying attention to what is going on instead of all curled up in a ball not feeling well.

Thank you all SO much. I just know all your thoughts and prayers helped her to feel better. Keep them coming for a few days to make sure she totally recovers from the snuffles. She's an old lady now, and even a minor case of the snuffles can be serious for old ladies, but I'm just too happy to report the complete turn around. :D

Bengalz
07-12-2006, 08:03 PM
What GREAT News to come home to. I read your post at work today and my heart sank as I know you are worried about Peanut's overall health. So glad to hear she is feeling better and doing so well.

Hugs to little Peanut - you are such a special girl. Now go give CJ some grief! I'm sure he's earned it :D

mrspunkysmom
07-12-2006, 08:05 PM
Peanuts, keep getting better

many hugs and kisses from the fellas.

Anne

RedHedd
07-12-2006, 08:07 PM
What great news! Give the old lady a smooch for me.

Cinder & Smoke
07-12-2006, 08:07 PM
<dials God>

THANKX, God!! http://petoftheday.com/i/our_smilies/smile.gif

<Snuffies> we can deal wiff.

http://petoftheday.com/i/our_smilies/wink.gif

rosethecopycat
07-12-2006, 08:10 PM
:d

Grace
07-12-2006, 08:16 PM
Wonderful news http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v288/March16th/bliss.gif

Laura's Babies
07-12-2006, 08:17 PM
I am so glad to hear she is better!!! Happy Dances! Happy Dances! Fa la la la la la la la YEA!

Craftlady
07-12-2006, 08:18 PM
Great News!!!!!!!!

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
07-12-2006, 08:26 PM
Wonderful news http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v288/March16th/bliss.gif
:D
That "smiley" is too funny, Grace. :D That is exactly how I felt when I got home and she was so perky. I felt like yelling and screaming and letting the whole neighborhood know that my little girl was doing better. :D

Thanks again everyone. She came over and wanted some attention so I picked her up and gave her a big smooch from each and every one of you. :D

Terminalvelocity
07-12-2006, 08:43 PM
Happy Dances!! http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v288/March16th/bliss.gif

auggie
07-12-2006, 09:00 PM
Wonderful News!!!! :D
Big sigh of relieve.
I’m so happy that Peanut is doing so much better.
:)

Karen
07-12-2006, 09:06 PM
:D
That "smiley" is too funny, Grace. :D That is exactly how I felt when I got home and she was so perky. I felt like yelling and screaming and letting the whole neighborhood know that my little girl was doing better. :D

Thanks again everyone. She came over and wanted some attention so I picked her up and gave her a big smooch from each and every one of you. :D

Yay! Happy Peanut dances!

Logan
07-12-2006, 09:34 PM
Oh my dear Lord. I am so glad I didn't read this thread until you had reported the good news, Debbie. I'm so glad she seems to be ok. We need her to stay that way for a long, long time.

Please give her a smooch from me. :)

Logan

Corinna
07-12-2006, 11:30 PM
Glad to hear Peanut is doing better.

DrKym
07-12-2006, 11:34 PM
YAY I am so glad for you both! I would dance but its outlawed for me to cause a riot by moving this land mass that fast,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, LOL Kiss that kittie and hugs to you!

shais_mom
07-12-2006, 11:42 PM
I am glad that Peanut is feeling better!
smooches to the sweetheart!

krazyaboutkatz
07-13-2006, 12:27 AM
Whew!!! I'm glad that I was late in seeing this thread. Thank goodness Peanut is feeling much better. I pray that she continues to do so.:)

jenluckenbach
07-13-2006, 04:56 AM
An excellent thing to read first thing this morning.

Peanut, you GO girl!!!

Sonia59
07-13-2006, 05:52 AM
Oh Peanut, I am happy to read that you feel better now :)

Actually I missed this thread and I saw the other one first, with Peanut pictures. I was wondering what was going wrong...
You are in my thoughts dear Peanut ;)

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
07-13-2006, 07:10 AM
I'm happy to report that Peanut continues to feel better. I can't believe the complete turn around in so few hours. This morning she even woke me up looking for breakfast and then when I gave it to her she, as Terry says, ate like she was going to the chair! She's now had her morning wet food treat and is starting to settle down for her morning nap. She did sneeze and snuffle a bit this morning so she's still recovering, but she's doing so much better I just can't believe it. It's almost as if she found out I was worried about her and she's overdoing it to show me she's not that sick. ;)

Thanks again everyone. Once again the power of PT prayer has come through for me. :D

catlover4ever
07-13-2006, 07:17 AM
Debbie and Peanut....Tucker and I are doing a great big happy dance. :) :) :)

Way to go Peanut!!!

trayi52
07-13-2006, 07:19 AM
Debbie, so glad to hear that Peanut is doing so much better! What a relief! She is such a sweetheart, please give her a big hug for me, and also a kiss on the nose.

I will keep her in my prayers in the meantime, just in case she still needs them.

Willie :)

zoey
07-13-2006, 07:21 AM
Woohoot!!
I'm very happy about your kitty's health turnaround.
I was worried when I read your first post, but....
The feeling when all is well with our animals, particularly after a period of anxiety, is outstanding. It's like a gift.
God bless. :cool:

gini
07-13-2006, 08:49 AM
Debbie, thank goodness you have good news this morning too. I am so relieved for you because I know when my kitties are sick - it makes me sick too - with worry.

Big hugs to you!

Barbara
07-13-2006, 12:37 PM
I think we all needed these good news as much as you.
Way to go Peanut! :D

lizbud
07-13-2006, 12:43 PM
Great news. :D I am so glad to hear that Peanut is so much better. :)

orangemm
07-13-2006, 05:03 PM
Oh, happy day! I KNOW you are happy; we are, too. Way to go, Peanut!!! I knew you could do it! :)

Keep on keepin' on!!!

momcat
07-13-2006, 05:17 PM
Way to go, Peanut! How wonderful it is to know that you're feeling better, eating, and greeting Meowmie when she comes home. Groucho is so happy he's sending you purrs and headbumpies. Keep on getting better, sweetie Peanut. Prayers are still being prayed for you!

kb2yjx
07-13-2006, 05:34 PM
Excellent News!!!!

catmandu
07-13-2006, 05:52 PM
The Found Cats here.
We are sorry our Dad missed your thread the first time.
We are pleased that Peanut is feeling better.
And the Tubbies are especially happy that you will have more time with her.
Thats great News!

Vermontcat
07-13-2006, 09:13 PM
I'm sorry that I didn't see this thread until now.
It's good to hear that Peanut is feeling much better now. :)
Give her some hugs and kisses from me too.

momcat
07-16-2006, 03:34 PM
How is Peanut doing today? Here's hoping your little sweetheart continues to improve by leaps and bounds!!!

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
07-16-2006, 03:57 PM
Thanks for asking, momcat. I actually came on to ask a question about the snuffly sneezes and was surprised to see this thread bumped up already. It's as if you were reading my mind! ;)

Peanut seems to have had a bit of a set back. She has been snuffly and sneezy all week, but today she seems particularly sneezy, and isn't as active as she usually is on the weekend when we're home. I'm not too worried because she's still eating like she's going to the chair, but I was wondering how long kitty colds tend to last? CJ only had the snuffly sneezies for 2 - 3 days, but I know Peanut is older and it takes elders longer to recuperate from anything. Earlier in the week it almost sounded like she was coughing, whereas today she's definitely sneezing. Could it just be that, like in humans, the cold has moved from her lungs to her head? At what point do I concede and take her to the vet....knowing that she's terrified of the vet and he can't do much for a cold anyway?

Worried meowmy. :confused: :( :)

Laura's Babies
07-16-2006, 04:21 PM
EEK! Our baby girl has a nasty old cold? Peanut, I hope you get over that nasty cold fast!! Get Well Soon!

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
07-17-2006, 07:56 PM
Took Snuffleofagus....errr....I mean Peanut...to the vet tonight. She's been sneezing more and more instead of less and less. Input and output is still good, and she's acting normal, but we were just a little worried since it's been an entire week now and she doesn't seem to be getting better. You can hear her breathe as the air makes it past the congestion. The vet heard that and was worried and said he wanted to do a chest scan....I think that's what he said. So he listened to her lungs with the stethascope, took her temperature (which she did NOT like at all!) and then took her in back for the chest scan. He looked relieved when he came back and said he was worried she might have blahblahblah disease, but the chest scan was clear so that wasn't the case - whew! I said "so it's just a cold then?" and he said he didn't really think it was a cold because she didn't have a temperature. He gave me some prednisolone to help reduce the congestion. He said if she starts getting worse or stops eating to bring her back immediately.

He's really a good vet. Sometimes he seems a little "brisk" and "short" but he really cares about the kitties he treats and he genuinely seemed relieved when it wasn't anything serious. He asked about the blood in her urine too, and I told him the antibiotics seem to be doing their thing because the last time Peanut peed outside the box it was clear, no blood at all - whew!

So, she's not totally out of the woods yet. I have to give her the pred. for 20 days and then let him know how she's doing.

Oh, and as I was petting her and smooching on her while we waited for him to come back with the results, I noticed she was blowing bubbles. Poor little girl has so much snot in her nose that she blows bubbles as she breathes. :( ;) :D I guess she is literally my snotty little girl now. ;)

jazzcat
07-17-2006, 08:29 PM
Poor Peanut.

So what does he think it is if it's not a cold? Did I miss that?

Whatever it is I sure hope the pred. helps so our Miss Peanut will feel better and not have to blow snot bubbles anymore.

ramanth
07-17-2006, 08:35 PM
I'm sorry I just found this now. Poor snotty Peanut. I hope she shakes whatever it is! *hugs for her and you!*

Bengalz
07-17-2006, 09:56 PM
Peanut honey don't be upset at us hoomans for smiling at you for blowing snotty bubbles :) You're just so adorable no matter what you do that we have to smile. :D

Sending lots of kisses and hugs your way and get well wishes to make that nasty cold disappear. Keep getting better baby.

Vermontcat
07-17-2006, 10:01 PM
Aww Peanut, please feel better soon.
If your new nickname is going to be Snotty then Samantha's nickname should be Snorey because she can snore up a storm some days. ;)
Debbie, please give Peanut some extra hugs and kisses from me.

RedHedd
07-17-2006, 10:39 PM
Oh Peanut! I don't care if they're calling you a little snotty - you're still one of my favorite kitties on PT. Your almost twin Mitzi has her little white mitts held in prayer for you that you're feeling better and not blowing snotty bubbles very soon. Mishi sends goofy head-bumpies too. Get well soon, dear!

krazyaboutkatz
07-18-2006, 12:20 AM
I sure hope that you feel better soon Peanut. I've been having the similar problems with Sky and he's been on some allergy meds and antibiotic ointment for his eyes. I was also calling him Mr. Snuffleupagus. He finished his meds this evening so hopefully he'll also be feeling better soon. I think that he had a reaction to his annual FVRCP shot. Did Peanut have her annual shot recently or are you not giving her any more shots? Get well soon Princess Peanut. :)

orangemm
07-18-2006, 04:40 AM
Snotty is fine, get rid of it any way you can!

and, yes, YOU can be SNOTTY, too, just like a little princess! :D

Logan
07-18-2006, 08:08 AM
Debbie, I hope that Peanut is better this morning. I do understand, completely, how worried you are. Give her a gentle hug from me, please.

Logan

moosmom
07-18-2006, 09:23 AM
Debbie,

Did the vet say anything about kitty asthma?? Mollie Rose has had this condition for a long time. I give her prednisone when the asthma gets really bad (this heat and humidity isn't helping any). Poor Peanut. I'll keep her in my prayers.

Barbara
07-18-2006, 01:14 PM
I would also be interested in hearing what the vet thinks it is. I hope anyway she's getting better- but I would feel better if I had an idea.......

catland
07-18-2006, 01:29 PM
I hope you're feeling better Peanut. I was also wondering if it could be an allergy - maybe to something new?

Randi
07-18-2006, 02:01 PM
Debbie, I so hope Peanut will feel better soon. It sounds like a nasty cold, and that is certainly no fun! :( ... Could it be some kind of allergy?

Please give the little Princess gentle scritchies and kisses from me - Fister sends purrs and headbumpies.

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
07-18-2006, 02:51 PM
Thanks so much everyone. I don't know what the vet thinks it is. Lori, I missed the same thing you did because I never got a straight answer out of him to what he thinks it is. Just some congestion I suppose. I thought it might be allergies too, but it's just too coincidental that she started with this only a few days after CJ got over his sniffles. I think it might just be a cold and she's getting over it already, and that's why there was no fever. She was still snuffly this morning and sneezed a few times, but....she's still eating like a horse and drinking good, so I'm worried, but not overly worried.

I forgot to mention that she's lost 2 pounds in the last year. She's down to 5 1/2 pounds.....sound familiar Logan? I know we had just discussed this and I called the vet and asked about her weight, but the girl at the front desk must have gotten the dates wrong because the vet confirmed that it's been a year since they weighed her and she's lost 2 pounds. He didn't seem concerned with that because it's normal for old cats to loose weight, and he said as long as she's eating she's doing good.

One more little laugh at the expense of my poor snotty girl. Sometimes she is a little off balance and shaky on her back legs - another thing I've noticed happens in older cats. So she was walking towards me when a big sneeze came and almost knocked her over. :D :( :D I know it's sad, but it was funny too. It was one of those sneezes where you feel you blew the top of your head off. She sneezed, almost fell over, caught herself, shook her head, then continued on as if nothing had happened.....probably secretly hoping CJ didn't see that. ;) :D

Thanks again everyone. Keep the good thoughts and prayers going and I'll continue to keep you updated until she's all better. :)

lv4dogs
07-18-2006, 02:56 PM
I may not post often but I have been checking in to see updates. She's always in my thoughts.
I hope she continues to improve. All paws crossed here.

catmandu
07-18-2006, 02:57 PM
The Tubbies Angels are with Peanut now, trying to comfort her, and let her know that they are there for her.
They are bringing her love, comfort and shrimps.
We are praying that Peanuts can beat this cold.

aki
07-18-2006, 03:02 PM
Awwwww! I know what that's like. They sound like babies when they sneeze don't they?

Get well soon Peanut! :)

~Aki

Donnaj4962
07-18-2006, 03:44 PM
Oh my, poor sweet Peanut! I hope that you are feeling better soon little one. And don't worry about those sneezies and the "nose bubbles" as they will go away soon. Colds are just terrible for kitties and adults!

Keep getting better, and I am sending some (((Peanut))) hugs from Indiana!

RedHedd
07-18-2006, 04:06 PM
Ooh, poor little Peanut - down to 5.5 lbs! She's turning into a very little peanut in her older age; perhaps they made a mistake in getting her weight - at Mishi's vet visit a few months back they said he weighed only 9 lbs. and no one thought it was odd, except for me - he's a BIG boy and there is NO way he was down to 9 lbs. A recheck proved them wrong and he's his normal 13.2 lbs.

As for not remembering what the doc said about what she may have, why not call him back and ask?

Here's hoping the little one is feeling better very soon! Poor thing - sneezing herself off her feet.

RedHedd
07-19-2006, 02:01 PM
How's our little Peanut today?

catfamily
07-19-2006, 02:38 PM
I hope she gets many more years left and keeps eating hardy :)

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
07-20-2006, 10:45 AM
How's our little Peanut today?
Thanks for asking, Georgia. :)

I think she is recovering well. Not a single sneeze this morning. Yesterday she was a little sneezy, but I couldn't hear her every breath like I could the day before - not as wheezy I guess you'd call it.

This morning she was running around like a nut! She hasn't acted so kittenish in a loooong time! She woke Terry up for breakfast at 4:30! :eek: Then she wanted to eat again when I got up at 6:00, then she had her normal morning treat of wet food....and proceeded to finish off CJ's leftovers, then begged for milk when Terry was having breakfast around 7:30 or so. I don't know, but if she keeps eating like this, she's going to gain that 2 pounds back in no time! :D

She took her last antibiotic this morning and I think those worked too, because there is no more blood in her urine. So, it appears my little old lady has weathered another storm and lived to tell about it. Yep, she's feeling so good today that she even had to swat CJ. Maybe her way of saying "thanks for the cold, buddy!" ;) :D

Thank you all so much for your continued thoughts and prayers. I know they helped pull her through one more time, and for that I couldn't be more grateful. :)

Killearn Kitties
07-20-2006, 10:49 AM
Clever girl, Peanut! These are the antics we want to hear about, sweetie! :D

Bengalz
07-20-2006, 11:35 AM
Way to go Peanut :D Keep going strong sweetheart - so good to hear you're on the mend ;)

Hugs,
Betty

RedHedd
07-20-2006, 11:54 AM
YAY! Sounds like she's feeling MUCH better - Even swatting CJ! Way to go Peanut! Mitzi sends you a high five! :D

Barbara
07-20-2006, 12:00 PM
I know so well the feeling when you are happy your kitty wakes you at 4:30- just because you know one day he/she won't wake you any more!

Peanut is clever to make use of that feeling as long as possible :)

catfamily
07-20-2006, 12:15 PM
So Happy To Hear This Great News That She's Feeling Better :)

Edwina's Secretary
07-20-2006, 01:15 PM
Hey Girlfriend,

:D :cool: :D :cool: :D

With love,

Edwina

Kirsten
07-20-2006, 01:34 PM
Phew, I'm happy to read that Peanut is doing better!

Please give her some headscritchies from me,
Kirsten

jenluckenbach
07-20-2006, 02:34 PM
Hooray for Peanut. :D

Donnaj4962
07-20-2006, 03:43 PM
So glad that Peanut is getting better! Sounds like she is starting to be back to her old self. Keep up the good work Peanut.... abnd don't be too hard on CJ... he didn't REALLY mean to give you his nasty old cold! ;)

Uabassoon
07-20-2006, 03:58 PM
I'm so happy to hear that Peanut is doing better :D

orangemm
07-20-2006, 04:23 PM
Way to go, Peanut! Chow down sweet girl...I betcha you could get all your favorites without lifting a paw.

Keep on eating and getting better!! :)

Soapets
07-20-2006, 08:58 PM
I'm so glad to read that Peanut is doing better. The prednisone is most likely for inflammation/asthma/allergic rhinits or something. It could also make her hungry, which might be a positive side effect in her case. Is it a tapering dose? Keep us posted.

Deb

Craftlady
07-20-2006, 10:21 PM
I'm glad to read Peanut is doing better :)

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
07-21-2006, 09:08 AM
Is it a tapering dose?
He didn't mention anything about tapering it. She gets 1/2 of a 5 mg pill a day. He gave me 10 pills and told me to give them to her until they were gone, even if she started getting better.

I didn't hear not one sneeze or snuffle from her last night. Once this morning, but it wasn't one of those "knock you off your fee" ones, just a nice petite little Peanut sneeze. :D She is definitely more active again too.

I agree that the appetite stimulation from the pred. will be a good thing for her. She eats like a horse normally so I can't imagine how she lost two pounds except that it's just the wasting away of muscle tissue as she gets older. She was always a little begger, but these last few days she's insatiable! I bet she'll gain an entire pound back by the time she's done with the pred. ;) :D

ChrisH
07-22-2006, 07:08 AM
I'm so happy to hear that Princess Peanut is so much better. :D Sending many kisses for your beautiful little lady.