PDA

View Full Version : Since Milton passed I've been thinking about getting Bessie a friend with pic.

My Peanuts
07-12-2006, 12:30 PM
I haven't posted much about her. Bessie is my Lutino tiel (only tiel now) that I adopted from foster care in December. I adopted her for Milton because Milton lost all his cage mates tragically. Bessie and Milton were very close. Milton passed last week (vet thinks he was old) and Bessie has been very upset. She screams a lot and she won't go on my finger like she used to. I've been thinking about getting her a friend. I've been talking to Bessie’s foster mom and she's been suggesting good matches. She knows Bessie and thinks she needs someone too. Do any of you think this is a good idea?

If I do get her a friend I want one that is young. Bessie is about 2 years old and I don't want her to lose a cage mate again for a long time. I was leaning towards a boy because I want Bessie to have the same closeness as she did with Milton. The foster mom has females available, and possibly some males. Any ideas or suggestions? I want Bessie to get back to her old self; I just don't know what to do.

BTW, Milton’s ailments natural. He didn’t die because of lack of care by me or the avian vet in case anyone was wondering.

This is my Bessie girl :)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v43/Jejsdian/278d9598.jpg

Uabassoon
07-12-2006, 12:38 PM
I don't really know much about tiels, but you should talk to Logan. She has several eggs right now and I think she is looking for homes!

My Peanuts
07-12-2006, 01:04 PM
I don't really know much about tiels, but you should talk to Logan. She has several eggs right now and I think she is looking for homes!

That crossed my mind, but I'm in Chicago, IL. and I don't know how I'd get a tiel here from South Carolina. :) :p