PDA

View Full Version : Do your dogs love Chapstick???

sparks19
07-12-2006, 10:05 AM
Oh man it drives me crazy. Teddy is obsessed with my chapstick. I am forgetful and always leave it out at some point in time but never right in front of his face. For example, I left my purse open one day and he sifted through my purse and took my chapstick and chewed it up and ate the goop. He didn't touch anything else, just the chap stick. I went to have a shower one day after we got back from shopping and I left a BIG bag of stuff on the bed. It had an unopened three pack of chapstick in it. When I came back after the shower Teddy was in his crate but I couldn't see anything that was destroyed. (he goes in his crate when he tears stuff up lol) I looked around and finally I looked into his crate. Sure enough there was the three pack of Chapstick. Opened and eaten lol.

Do your dogs do this or is Teddy just nuts :D

I don't think I have used a whole chapstick yet because Teddy eats it first lol.

k9krazee
07-12-2006, 10:40 AM
Lol, yup, Jack loves Chapstick...but hes the only one *shrugs*

sparks19
07-12-2006, 10:50 AM
What breed is Jack :D

LeahMM
07-12-2006, 10:52 AM
my husband wants to buy stock in the company that makes it because Bozy eats at least a tube a week. I swear he hunts it down. The tubes are safe nowhere in my house.

sparks19
07-12-2006, 11:12 AM
my husband wants to buy stock in the company that makes it because Bozy eats at least a tube a week. I swear he hunts it down. The tubes are safe nowhere in my house.
LOL thats exactly what Teddy is like. I searches for it, he sniffs it out. I don't know but somehow he always finds it.

.sarah
07-12-2006, 11:15 AM
My dog's don't, but I love this website about a Labbie who loves chapstick: Shanny Monster (http://shannymonster.com/) (click on "Click to Enter" and then on "Bad Shanny" and there are several pictures of her with chapstick).

elizabethann
07-12-2006, 11:19 AM
LOL. What a great thread.

Fenway licks my lips when I have chapstick or flavored lip gloss on. He just licks and licks and licks. Then I have to put more on because he licked it all off! He's such a goober.

:D

GreyhoundGirl
07-12-2006, 11:24 AM
Jenny only likes it if it's raspberry and if it's on my lips ! :rolleyes:

k9krazee
07-12-2006, 05:24 PM
What breed is Jack :D

Jack is my Lab/Beagle mix

sparks19
07-12-2006, 05:26 PM
Jack is my Lab/Beagle mix

Maybe it's a lab thing lol Teddy is part Lab also. :D

speaking of chapstick I just almost lost another tube of it lol. I found him with it. the cap was off and the first layer was eaten but I'm not picky so I just wiped all the yuckies off it and put the cap back on :D no sense wasting it hehe