PDA

View Full Version : Ewww spider!

Aquamarine
07-11-2006, 02:10 AM
Eww...While I was outside I decided to look up and look at what I saw :eek: !
http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e349/Aquamarinegurl/7c160821.jpg

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e349/Aquamarinegurl/f28f92cd.jpg

Anyone know what kinda spider this was? Ew I've never seen one like it. :eek:

Miss Z
07-11-2006, 03:03 AM
I'm not too good at recognising spiders, so I had a look in a book ;) The closest one I can find to it is araneus quadratus, and it looks like that one is a female. The one in my book is a darker brown but it says they can vary in colour and spin beautiful complex webs. Not entirely sure if I'm right but I hope I've helped :)

Aquamarine
07-11-2006, 02:52 PM
Thanks! I really had no idea what kind it was. Ewww Hopefully I dont have any in my house lol. ;)

buttercup132
07-11-2006, 02:56 PM
EWww lol look at the butt on that spider!!!

mustlovedogs
07-11-2006, 03:04 PM
Blech! I am a spider freak... I have arachniphobia. I know...fun, huh? :p Yuck, I don't like spiders at ALL! I literally freak out if I see one!

Danegirl2208
07-11-2006, 03:11 PM
ekkk! NO thank you..you can keep it :eek: ...i hate spiders, i have know idea what it is

Aquamarine
07-11-2006, 03:18 PM
LOL I dont like spiders either and whenever I see one I have to have someone else kill it for me. I just cant kill it myself lol. It might jump on me! :eek: Oh and I'm afraid of bees and wasps too! If I see one while I'm outside I run like crazy lol. When I was little I got stung by a bee on my toe!

*iluvskipper*
07-11-2006, 03:22 PM
gross

caseysmom
07-11-2006, 03:33 PM
Last year I posted about this beautiful girl outside on my porch

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v624/spumoni/103_0270.jpg

she is a harmless orbweaver, this year I have at least 7 of them but none that make as beautiful of a web as charlotte did.

K9soul
07-11-2006, 03:44 PM
I'm not too good at recognising spiders, so I had a look in a book ;) The closest one I can find to it is araneus quadratus, and it looks like that one is a female. The one in my book is a darker brown but it says they can vary in colour and spin beautiful complex webs. Not entirely sure if I'm right but I hope I've helped :)

It has similar traits and the araneus quadratus looks like an orb weaving type (the types that spin complex geometric webs) however that particular one is only in Europe and Asia and not North America. This one looks like a cobweb weaver (Theridiidae family) rather than of the orb weaver family to me. The size of the abdomen definitely makes her a female. She's pretty ;). Spiders are fascinating. It's really too bad Hollywood and horror stories have villainized them so much and made them such objects of fear. They are extremely beneficial creatures.

RedHedd
07-11-2006, 04:07 PM
Spiders are fascinating. It's really too bad Hollywood and horror stories have villainized them so much and made them such objects of fear. They are extremely beneficial creatures. My mother always told me spiders were good luck and I believed her. I find them interesting and don't kill them just in case she was right! :eek:

Danegirl2208
07-11-2006, 04:14 PM
I wish i liked them, but i dont, never have...we have a cabin up in Pine, Arizona..we go up there whenever we can, there are SO many creepy crawleys up there, including tarantulas...ekk..i cant even stand it, i never kill them but they cant be in the house lol..glad i have my boyfriend around to take care of the "big bad spiders" :rolleyes: i know, i know..im a big wimp :rolleyes:

Argranade
07-11-2006, 04:40 PM
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SPIDER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Just kidding lol spiders are ok as long as there tiny but if there big they better stayaway. :p

ramanth
07-11-2006, 07:09 PM
She's a beauty! My guess would be some sort of weaver or garden spider.

:)

ashleycat
07-11-2006, 10:27 PM
Just killed a real black widow last week. I sure hope I don't find anymore here.

Chilli
07-11-2006, 11:05 PM
Aww! How cute. :D I love spiders. I hate bugs. Ironic, eh?
I never kill them.. though everyone else in my family does... my sister just killed a brown recluse last week in our shed.