PDA

View Full Version : Eagles...

Glacier
07-10-2006, 05:53 PM
While I was out paddling today, these two handsome boys decided to hang around for a bit.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v38/Glacier1998/scenery06/eagles2.jpg
They are immature bald eagles. Their heads don't turn the distinctive white until their fifth year. One was pretty close to having a full white head so I suspect he's approaching five. The other one had white throughout his feathers so he's probably a two year old. I thought he was a Golden Eagle at first, but then he went fishing. Goldens don't fish. They eat mice and other small game. Fish are a large part of the Bald Eagle's diet.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v38/Glacier1998/scenery06/eagles.jpg
They seemed undisturbed by my presence. One of the great things about paddling is the lack of noise. I see much more wildlife than someone in a motor boat!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v38/Glacier1998/scenery06/eagle3-1.jpg
One my way back, only this one was still hanging around.

DrKym
07-10-2006, 05:55 PM
How beautiful! Lucky you! thank you for sharing!

*LabLoverKEB*
07-10-2006, 06:07 PM
Wow, they are so beautiful!!!

Dorothy39
07-10-2006, 06:11 PM
We at Pet Talk are so lucky that you take a camera along!!!!! WOW!!!! you were close to that pair perched atop the dead trees!!

/Thank-You so much for your wonderful photography!!!!!!!! :eek:

Toby's my baby
07-10-2006, 06:15 PM
Wow, they are stunning. Everytime I see a bald eagle, I am so fascinated, no matter how often I see them :)

Daisy and Delilah
07-10-2006, 07:41 PM
Totally Awesome!!!! :)

cyber-sibes
07-10-2006, 08:30 PM
Great pictures. These guys bring back alot of memories. Bald eagles used to nest on a small island in the Mississippi near our old home, I loved to go watch them fish.

captain
07-10-2006, 09:01 PM
WOW - beautiful pics.

So you went out "canoeing" ............ :p
Thanks for correcting me last time - you kayak .... :D

Laura's Babies
07-10-2006, 09:18 PM
AWESOME!! Thanks for posting these... these are prize winners ya know!

shais_mom
07-10-2006, 11:42 PM
magnificent! :)

K9karen
07-10-2006, 11:57 PM
Thanks, for the Eagle distinction. I didn't know that. I'm so jealous you're able to get sooo close to nature and take such gorgeous pictures! When I was a travel agent, one of the places I never got to was Alaska. My partner, John's youngest son has lived in Alaska for years (he's near us now, in college). So now I have an excuse one day to get my butt over there. I've only seen Juneau airport on the way to Japan. Thanks again for the lovely pictures!!!!!

gini
07-11-2006, 09:53 AM
I am sitting here in sunny California looking at your magnificent pictures of the eagles.

I can almost smell the fresh air - the trees - and other scents. I do say "almost"...........

What struck me about your pictures are several other things.

Look at that blue sky - blue - blue - clear (can't find that here!)

Look at that clear water - blue - blue - blue (can't find that here!)

Look at how GREEN everything is - you can capture it because the
air isn't fouled. (can't find that here!)

So thank you for giving me a brief pause this morning - a peaceful pause
and the thought that all of California must have been like this too, once
upon a time.

GreyhoundGirl
07-11-2006, 09:54 AM
Awesome, they are so beautiful ! :)

Pawsitive Thinking
07-11-2006, 10:22 AM
Wow - they are majestic aren't they?

ramanth
07-11-2006, 10:31 AM
Oh Tamara! I would give my right arm to witness that. Andy is going to be sooo jealous! Next to Pandas, Bald Eagles are his favorite of the wild kingdom.

Awesome!