PDA

View Full Version : Sad News

Lori Jordan
07-10-2006, 04:53 PM
My neighbor has a very on the go Boxer that Dog had so much energy,Today they came back from there morning 6 am run,She dropped dead im not too sure as to why .I have no more info as to yet the Neighbor has been gone all day she was only 10 months old sooo sad!

Danegirl2208
07-10-2006, 04:58 PM
omg! That is so horrible :( :( Lets us know if she finds anything out..ill keep them in my thoughts :(

Toby's my baby
07-10-2006, 05:04 PM
Did the dog go on the run? Or did they come home from the run, and she had passed while they were gone??

I was told that I shouldn't let our girls run until they were at least a year old, and then, when they were stronger, and had their bone and muscles, THEN I could start taking them running with me, but they couldn't go very far....

Poor pup.. :(

Lori Jordan
07-10-2006, 05:07 PM
No they returned from the run,Age is a factor i have been running with Maggy when she was about 6 months and never had any problems,Now im thinking it was a heartattack or something maybe,or health problems no known about,I just heard screaming this morning ran out of the house i thought it was one of my guys and There she was laying on the ground i tried to get her breathing again but there was nothing. :(

Aspen and Misty
07-10-2006, 05:22 PM
The dog most likly over heated. It is very hot during these summer months (even in the early morning) and without warning a dog can easily over heat and die.

The poor baby :(

I'm so sorry for your neighbor. It sounds like she was a great pet owner and mommy. Such a sad situation.

Ashley

lute
07-10-2006, 05:43 PM
:( :( that's terrible! poor dog. :(

Vela
07-10-2006, 06:06 PM
That's sad, I feel badly for your neighbor. Boxers should not run long distances until at least 16 months of age. Their joints and bones are not ready for that much work and there is a potential for long term joint problems. Also, Boxers are sensitive to heat so if it was a very long run she may also have overheated. Boxers also have a tendency to have cardiomyopathy, it's becomign worse and worse in the breed due to BYB so she could have had a heart problem as well. In any event that is very sad.

cyber-sibes
07-10-2006, 09:53 PM
:( (((hugs))) to you and your neighbor. Poor woman, she must be overwhelmed wth grief. Happy trip to the RB, dear one.

zoomer
07-10-2006, 10:21 PM
Oh my god... that's horrible! :(

jesse_3
07-11-2006, 01:11 AM
Oh no! This is terrible:( I'll be keeping your neighbor in my thoughts also...you too. That is so kind that you tried to bring her back...God bless...

Lori Jordan
07-11-2006, 06:17 AM
We buried the Dog last night,I did not pry on any Questions,I know what she is going through,Now her stomach looked blown up it was big?I'm not a Boxer person never own one in my Life never really been around many either?

finn's mom
07-11-2006, 07:47 AM
I don't know how soon bloat affects a dog or a twisted stomach (is that the same as bloat?)...but, I wonder if he ate right before he went running...or if it's possible the stomach can become distended like that just from running too much? That's awful, whatever the cause. I feel badly for the family. Poor dog, that is definitely too young. :(

lv4dogs
07-11-2006, 08:42 AM
oh my goodness, what a tracig thing to happen. Thats so sad. Your friends are in my thoughts.

RIP sweet Boxer pup.

ps, what's the pups name?

Lori Jordan
07-11-2006, 08:47 AM
Nalla

Vela
07-11-2006, 11:03 AM
Boxers are a breed prone to bloat due to their large chests. They should never do a lot of exercise right after eating or drinking a lot of water, as that can cause the stomach to bloat and/or twist on itself. That's really sad that that happened, I would be devastated too, best wishes for your neighbor.