PDA

View Full Version : Heavy sleepers or light sleepers?

GreyhoundGirl
07-10-2006, 09:28 AM
Are dogs heavy sleepers or light sleepers? Is it an individual thing, like with people? Or does it vary with breeds? ( I will always picture bulldogs as heavy sleepers ;) ) My girl's a light sleeper, in fact, she always seems to be awake because by the time you're close enough to see weather her eyes are open, she knows that you're there and will open them to see you. ( opening your eyes is usually a good thing if you want to see someone :rolleyes: )

Also, do your dogs snore? my girl doesn't, but I've heard people talking about their dogs snoring. However, when she sleeps you can hear her exhaling, does that count?

:D :D :D

questions

Does your dog snore?

Is your dog a light sleeper or a heavy sleeper?

Thanks ! :)

Chica
07-10-2006, 10:18 AM
My Chi "Chica" is a light sleeper. When I move in bed or get up to go to the bathroom, she wakes up! :) She basically follows me everywhere!!! :) Also, when she sleeps, sometimes she does little barks in her sleep. I know she is dreaming.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v415/chica1/csmall1.jpg

luvofallhorses
07-10-2006, 10:37 AM
they all are heavy sleepers. :)

JenBKR
07-10-2006, 10:57 AM
hmm I'm not really sure about Roscoe to be honest. He seems like a light sleeper sometimes, because the slightest sound or movement will wake him up. But other times he is upstairs sleeping when I get home and I can make it the whole way up the stairs before he stirs. Maybe it depends on how deep a sleep he's in.

And yes, my boy does snore sometimes :) It's a light snore, and rather cute actually :p

sparks19
07-10-2006, 11:16 AM
depends. During the day Teddy is a light sleeper but at night time when it's time for bed he is OUT like a light. :D

He doesn't snore but he does dream sometimes :D

Chilli
07-10-2006, 11:23 AM
Ethan... light sleeper.
Frisk... heavy sleeper.
Skylar... Ah... I really don't know. It seems like he doesn't sleep much. :D (he'd rather be playing or tormenting us)

Roxyluvsme13
07-10-2006, 11:32 AM
Roxy is light, and Lily is heavy. Roxy snores, and Lily just barks in her sleep.

elizabethann
07-10-2006, 11:52 AM
I think overall Fenway is a heavy sleeper. Though if I wake up he will lay in the exact position and just follow me with his eyes.

Danegirl2208
07-10-2006, 01:24 PM
Both my dogs are light sleepers..yes even my big lazy dane ;) They both snore too

zoomer
07-10-2006, 01:27 PM
My dogs are very light sleepers.

cyber-sibes
07-10-2006, 01:31 PM
Star is a light sleeper.
Sherman is dead to the world! LOL! I've just recently discovered that he "talks" in his sleep--so funny! Maybe that's why Star kicked him out of their sleeping barn - he's always outside in the monings. :D