PDA

View Full Version : My friend's furbaby went to the RB...

carole
07-09-2006, 10:47 PM
Some of you might remember me telling you about my best friend online Dave, he lives in Bedford Mass USA, he had his lovely companion Star, I had posted pics of her, he is a single guy who adored his Star, she was diagnosed with cancer some months back and Dave opted to give her chemotherapy.

July the 4th Dave had the vet come and help her to pass to the bridge,he is overcome with grief and just thought if you could all spare a thought for his loss that would be nice and much appreciated, thanks.

luvofallhorses
07-09-2006, 10:49 PM
I'm so sorry. :( please give him my deepest sympathies. It's never easy to lose a beloved furkid. :(

carole
07-09-2006, 10:54 PM
Yes and thank you for your kind words, I think it is even harder for him as he has no loved ones in his life, no parents alive, only a brother who seldoms bothers with him, so she was his life really,yep very sad, but he did the best he could for her and she had a wonderful life with him.,but i know his heart will be heavy with grief and he will have a hard time getting over his loss, I can only hope time will heal.

kuhio98
07-10-2006, 03:30 AM
Dave ~ I am so sorry for your loss. www.petloss.com (http://p103.ezboard.com/fpetlossfrm1) helped my husband and I when we lost Kuhio after 17 wonderful years. Everyone there understands loss and grief. The boards are moderated. No postings are released until they have been reviewed. Only helpful, supportive, comforting messages are released. I hope you visit here or there and tell us more about Star. The board is run by a man named Ed. There are many people who will listen to whatever you want to say. There is also a chat room if you need someone to talk to. Blessings to you and Star.

Daisy and Delilah
07-10-2006, 06:47 AM
Dave, I'm so very sorry for your loss. My thoughts and prayers are with you. I wanted to suggest that you join the Pet Talk board where you can meet people with stories similar to yours. Losing a baby is so hard. My heart breaks for you. I hope you can find some comfort in the days to come. Rest in Peace Star and play hard at the bridge sweetheart. :(

Laura's Babies
07-10-2006, 07:58 AM
Awwww! It is really hard to loose one of our babies and we grieve for them forever. I am so sorry for your loss.

finn's mom
07-10-2006, 07:59 AM
RIP Star. :( Thanks for sharing this news with us, Carole.

carole
07-10-2006, 10:43 PM
I did persuade Dave to join PT, but he only stayed briefly, when Star was diagnosed he just changed i cannot explain it, even he said it himself, we used to talk weekly ,but i hardly hear from him now, but still i am always there for him whatever, i had hoped he would stay on PT and even join in the meetings and meet everyone, i thought it would help him so much when this stage was reached, but i guess he just was not ready for it all.

Thank you on his behalf for caring, I know he would appreciate your thoughts as i do.

Lisa i will indeed give him that website and hope he chooses to go there, thanks.

moosmom
07-11-2006, 09:09 AM
Carole,

Please give Dave my sincere and deepest condolences. I know how difficult it can be not to have any loved ones around. I hope he decides to adopt another wonderful rescue to share his life with. Maybe not now, but eventually.

ramanth
07-11-2006, 10:41 AM
I am so sorry for Dave's loss. :( :( RIP Star.

carole
07-14-2006, 03:05 PM
I hope he does to Donna, he had thought about it and discussed it with me before Star died, but he was in two minds, his own health had not been that good and he did not know if it was fair to adopt another dog, but time will tell, I hope he decides to, but of course it is far too early for him right now to make that decision, he has to do his grieving first.