PDA

View Full Version : Felidae Cat Food

moosmom
07-09-2006, 09:34 PM
Does anyone use Felidae Cat Food?? If so, I need your opinion on it. I was thinking of switching cat foods. Right now my cats are on IAMS and I've had no problems with vomiting. I went to Pet Supplies Plus today and they had it and I thought maybe I'd try it as sort of a change from their other food. "If it ain't broke, don't fix it" also comes to mind. I mean, they've been doing great on the IAMS.

Would appreciate any input.

carole
07-09-2006, 09:43 PM
I tryed some samples that were given to me from a NZ company, my cats were not overjoyed by the biscuits, so i never changed, I think Donna I would stick to what they have, if they are all thriving,might be best to leave well alone. :)

G535
07-09-2006, 09:50 PM
I agree, if they like what they have now then why change? My Finnigan has been eating Whiskas for thirteen years and he never complains! :)

RedHedd
07-09-2006, 10:49 PM
I tried Felidae for Mitzi. At first she loved it - something new and different, right? But after one day of it she wouldn't touch it. I still have the bag gathering dust in my kitchen. :rolleyes: If it ain't broke ..... besides, it's more expensive than the Science Diet.

carole
07-09-2006, 10:56 PM
That is exactly what my kitties did too, loved it the first day, then turned their noses up at it from then on.

Redhedd may i suggest if the Felidae is still fresh enough you donate it to a cat shelter, i am sure they will appreciate it very much.

Lizzie
07-09-2006, 11:32 PM
I had the same experience as everyone else, most of the tried it the first day and then ate it only when they were really, really hungry. With so many other excellent foods out there, it's easy to leave this one on the shelf.

krazyaboutkatz
07-09-2006, 11:47 PM
I tried it way back when I still had my Pepper because he was allergic to a lot of things. He would eat a little bit of it if he was hungry enough. I then mixed it with my cats other food and they would pick out their other food and leave the Felidae. I ended up giving it away because they hated it.

catmandu
07-10-2006, 09:47 AM
I Have Never Tried It As A Main Food As There Are Not A Lot Of Stores That Stock That Brand.
They Love It When Its Here Though.

moosmom
07-10-2006, 10:43 AM
I guess you're right. I didn't realize that Felidae was more expensive than Science Diet. IAMS is cheaper than SD.

Thanks for the input guys!!