View Full Version : Hello from Grandma

momoffuzzyfaces
07-09-2006, 01:55 PM
My cat Grandma, wants to say Hello!!!

Seems Leonardo and Chester hog all the camera time.

So here she is, in her favorite spot: her bed!!! Woe be it unto any brother who crawls into it too!!! :D
http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d3/MOFF55/th_Grandma000_0731.jpg (http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d3/MOFF55/Grandma000_0731.jpg)

Laura's Babies
07-09-2006, 01:57 PM
A cat named Grandma? How special is that??? She has to be a real special Grandma.. as well as being a pretty one.

momoffuzzyfaces
07-09-2006, 02:03 PM
She really is special and was a Grandma too.

She not only helped deliver one of her daughter's babies, she crawled in their box and nursed them. She had a litter of her own that was about the same age. She and her daughter would nurse each other's babies and watch over them. :D

momcat
07-09-2006, 02:13 PM
Well hello there, Grandma! You haven't been by to visit in quite some time and I've been wondering about you. It's so good to know that you're okay and all is well. Wow, you're even prettier than the last time we saw you! I've missed you and please come visit us again very soon. Please ask your Meowmie to give you lots of scritchies and tummy rubs special from me?

jenluckenbach
07-09-2006, 02:24 PM
Did Grandma have a name before she was a gramdma??? (just curious)

It is very nice of you, Grandma, to take time out of your busy day to pose for a photo. :D

momoffuzzyfaces
07-09-2006, 03:07 PM
Did Grandma have a name before she was a gramdma??? (just curious)

It is very nice of you, Grandma, to take time out of your busy day to pose for a photo. :D
She was just called little Mama. She was dumped off near my house when she was very young and pregnant. Probably got pregnant in her first heat.

The vet said we had to wait until the babies were so old before we could spay her, by then, she was pregnant again. When her daughter got pregnant I started calling Her Little mama and changed Grandma's name to Grandma.

Grandma disappeared for about a year and I thought she was gone for good. But one day she showed back up and has been with me ever since. She only moved into the house about 3 or 4 years ago. She's very aloof and won't let me pet her very much but she loves being brushed. It's like she's doing me a favor by living with me. :D

gini
07-09-2006, 05:16 PM
Moff, what a lovely lady and such a sweet story of how she shared nursing duties with her own daughter.

Killearn Kitties
07-09-2006, 05:24 PM
Hello Grandma sweetie! I'm so glad that you stuck around such a great house!

Do you still have Grandma's daughter, MOFF, or did she go elsewhere?

momoffuzzyfaces
07-09-2006, 06:02 PM
Hello Grandma sweetie! I'm so glad that you stuck around such a great house!

Do you still have Grandma's daughter, MOFF, or did she go elsewhere?
Sadly all her children and grand children are gone.
The daughter who's babies she helped raise, was killed by a car. Her other daughter stayed around for a long time, raised some babies, then disappeared.
Two of them, the neighbor's dog mawled and I had to have them put down.
Her assorted grandchildren all took off to parts unknown. I think some of them were adopted my neighbors because I had had them all spayed and neutered. I would see cats peeking out of windows that looked like them. That's fine with me if they found good homes. I just wish they had let me know. :(

My favorite of her grandbabies was called Lugnut. His mom would carry him around all the time. He was killed by my neighbors, by accident they told me later. He disappeared and finally, months later, they admited they hit him with their car. At least they buried him instead of leaving him in the street for me to find. :(

catmandu
07-09-2006, 06:10 PM
What a beautiful sweet Cat Grandma is,and The Found Cats and I send her a big Happy MEEEOOOW!

Killearn Kitties
07-09-2006, 06:19 PM
What a shame that he daughter is no longer with you, but it would be nice to think that some of her babies are living round about.

Grandma is adorable anyway!

lizbud
07-09-2006, 07:17 PM
I didn't know you had three cats. Grandma sounds like a sweet soul. :)

momoffuzzyfaces
07-10-2006, 12:49 PM
I didn't know you had three cats. Grandma sounds like a sweet soul. :)
Actually I have 4: Grandma, Leonardo who will be 16 next month, Luke who is 13 now, and Chester who just turned 6 this month. :D

Donnaj4962
07-10-2006, 03:51 PM
Grandma sounds like she is one wonderful and kind cat! She is quite pretty also. Thanks for sharing her picture. :D