PDA

View Full Version : Do you show dogs?

zoomer
07-08-2006, 11:20 PM
Do you show dogs? Yes
Are they your dogs? No
Are they your co-dogs? No
Do you just handle them (so they aren't your dog or your co-dog)? Yes, they are my friend's dogs'
What are their breeds? Diesel, Boxer and Lola, Rottweiler

Danegirl2208
07-09-2006, 12:16 AM
not YET...but i will be soon hopefully (though i've been saying "soon" for about 2 years now :rolleyes: ) Im still narrowing down kennels, but next pup i'll be getting will be shown...and he'll be a Great Dane of course

binka_nugget
07-09-2006, 12:31 AM
Not yet. I'll be getting a Groenedael puppy out of Visa (http://www.freewebs.com/creditapproved/accomplishments.htm) and Karma (http://www.geocities.com/tiashanahpeds/karmaped)'s litter around November. I'm hoping to show her in conformation, obedience and agility. :)

wolfsoul
07-09-2006, 01:01 AM
I show my groenendael, Visa. :) She is co-owned until after her first litter is born (which just means that she is my dog but I don't own breeding rights for the first litter). Tomorrow I am showing her niece, Jaguar. In August I may be showing a friend's sheltie puppy. I hope to show several other dogs (mine or friends') in the future. I am going to show Visa's puppy as much as possible. I'd really like to get some BIS's and BISS's.

lute
07-09-2006, 02:39 AM
i showed my siberian husky Gracie until Feb. i co-own her with her breeder.

zoomer
07-09-2006, 01:08 PM
i showed my siberian husky Gracie until Feb. i co-own her with her breeder.

So you don't show her anymore?

lute
07-09-2006, 01:20 PM
So you don't show her anymore?
no. she was DQ at the IKC shows in Chicago in Feb. she is 1 1/2in over the breed standard. she's getting spayed this month and now she's just my companion. :) i don't have any dogs to show right now, but as soon as my friend Vickie gets Candy microchipped i'll have another show dog. :D

PinkSunshine
07-09-2006, 01:24 PM
Do you show dogs? Yes I do (well hubby does most of the handling, but I do some)

Are they your dogs? Yes we own them

Do you just handle them (so they aren't your dog or your co-dog)? Nope, own and handle them ourselves

What are their breeds? Dozer, our Dogue de Bordeaux and Bailey, our Yorkshire Terrier

zoomer
07-09-2006, 01:34 PM
You show Dozer? What's his registered name?

Giselle
07-09-2006, 02:08 PM
Zoomer, do you show AKC in Washington? I know a couple people up there so you might want to give them a holler at your next show ;)

Edit: Actually...If you show in WA/OR, I know one person who would be absolutely delighted to see you! :D

zoomer
07-09-2006, 02:11 PM
Zoomer, do you show AKC in Washington? I know a couple people up there so you might want to give them a holler at your next show ;)

Edit: Actually...If you show in WA/OR, I know one person who would be absolutely delighted to see you! :D

I show in Washington, and sometimes Oregon. Who are those people? And is one of them you? :D

Giselle
07-09-2006, 02:26 PM
Not me, but a family member. He lives in OR and was looking to add a new addition into his family so I was trying to hook him up with "connections" up there. I think he'd be delighted to see you and chat about dogs! I'll PM you.

Suki Wingy
07-09-2006, 02:31 PM
I have only been trying to find a juniors dog or just to follow alongside a breeder or handler for like 2 years now and it just isn't working. All the purebred dogs I know were not fully registered :mad: :( :mad: :eek: #A^^753WG- because they are DQ and just pets, but I could still use them for Jrs! That's why I get so mad when people say, "They're just pets so why register them?"

Sevaede
07-09-2006, 09:45 PM
Okay, where in Oregon? :D Eugene? Pendleton?

I know there is a Yorkie breeder and a German Shepherd breeder in Pendleton.

PinkSunshine
07-09-2006, 09:52 PM
You show Dozer? What's his registered name?

He's ch. titled already.... Registered name is:

Kennelname's First Edition :)

zoomer
07-09-2006, 09:53 PM
Okay, where in Oregon? :D Eugene? Pendleton?

I know there is a Yorkie breeder and a German Shepherd breeder in Pendleton.

Usually just the places right next to Washington... if you know what I mean

lute
07-09-2006, 10:05 PM
I have only been trying to find a juniors dog or just to follow alongside a breeder or handler for like 2 years now and it just isn't working. All the purebred dogs I know were not fully registered :mad: :( :mad: :eek: #A^^753WG- because they are DQ and just pets, but I could still use them for Jrs! That's why I get so mad when people say, "They're just pets so why register them?"

i think i need to send you Gracie for a while! she's already show trained. :D