PDA

View Full Version : RIP My Sweet Tanker :-(

zoomer
07-08-2006, 10:50 PM
Tanker was my Yellow Spotted Salamder. About 5 inches in length, and was so gentle with the little Fire Belly Salamanders, which were 10 x smaller than him. He was bitten by the smaller ones many times, but her never bit back. His buddy was Flow, a Fire Belly. They'd go everywhere together, sleep and lie in the same house, one time I saw them both standing on the rock, front legs on the rock, back legs in the water. Flow was practiclly in the water, and Tank's legs were only in the water. But they both were there, thought to be buddies forever. Tank was about 1 year old when he died. We think he might have overate. We have multiple tadpoles, and there were none left the next day, and Tanks tummy was bulging. I went downstairs to feed him, and there he was, legs under himself, and eyes cloudy. I cried and buried him by the memory bench, right next to the pond, where his buddy Trinny was buried, too. He walked slowly over the Rainbow Bridge, and is now probubly playing with Trinny, and swimming with Trinny. You probably have no idea how much he meant to me, for salamanders are normaly not a big cuddly pet, but Tank was. He never bit and I trusted him.

RIP My Sweet Boy.

Have Fun with Trinny.

Chilli
07-08-2006, 11:11 PM
I'm so sorry. :(
He sounded so cute the way you described him with his buddy, Flow. Poor Flow must be a bit lost without his buddy.
RIP Tanker.
(((hugs)))

zoomer
07-08-2006, 11:13 PM
Thank you for the comforting.
Flow is lost, I've seen her in Tank's little house, looking as if she was looking around for him. Poor girl... :(

Zippy
07-09-2006, 08:20 AM
I am so sorry.
*Hugs*
RIP Tanker.

zoomer
07-28-2006, 07:41 PM
Thank you guys