PDA

View Full Version : need opinions on this

flip195
07-08-2006, 05:44 PM
I think I am going insane... yeah yeah I know some of you think I am weird anyway but this is crazy and I would love to hear your opinions.

Recently I picked up two items at a farmers market garage sale type event, one is an Art deco Murano Glass bead Necklace the other a sterling silver mother of pearl and onyx dress ring set with marcasite, which I believe dates back to the 1920's.
here is the strange thing.... since I got these two items in the house funny things have been happening... first we had the fire, then we got flooded out, I had them on my desk for a while and the cats just acted really strange around them.. the would sniff them and then turn tail and shoot off like they had been hit or something. One of the cats actually sat at the other side of the room and stared at them growling all fluffed up and acting very strange.

I figured it was just the smell or something so I wrapped them up carefully and put them away in a sealed box.

Now here is where it get strange, i went to get them out today as I intended to list them on ebay, and the box I had put them in, inside the big box was open, the ring case was open like it was on display and the necklace was laid on the lid of the box like someone had been looking at it.
I KNOW for a fact i had wrapped them in tissue paper and put them in the small box and closed the lid to make it air tight, the tissue has vanished.

Either I am going insane or these things have a life of their own.

I would love to hear your comments these things are creeping me out.

lizbud
07-08-2006, 06:20 PM
How strange. Sounds like you have entered the TWILIGHT ZONE. :eek:

Dorothy39
07-08-2006, 07:18 PM
sounds crazy to me, I'd get them the heck out of my house!!!,

I sure do enjoy that signature!!!!! Yes, We live with Cats!!! :p

moosmom
07-08-2006, 07:31 PM
That is strange, and no I don't think you're insane. Look at all the weird things that happened whenver someone bought the Hope Diamond. I'd put them on e-bay as quickly as possible. Maybe you can give them to someone to hold onto???

cyber-sibes
07-08-2006, 08:51 PM
This is exactly why I don't like antiques...they creep me out! Especially something personal like jewelry can have some very strong energies attached to it. I have heard that cleansing in saltwater will clear the energy field. (my friend washed her crystals in salt water regularly) Personally I would bless them and pass them along, and smudge the house with with sage, too.

dab_20
07-08-2006, 09:15 PM
Creepy!! :eek: I honestly don't know what to think... but I'm sure your not going insane. ;) That's really weird.

Laura's Babies
07-09-2006, 09:21 AM
I'd get rid of them asap! To much wierdness going on around them and if the cats are freaking out, something is going on!