PDA

View Full Version : Meet Bill and Bob, my first fosters!

.sarah
07-08-2006, 05:39 PM
Hi everyone,

My parents finally said I could foster. They don't want me doing bottle babies until later this year when I'm not working full time. So for now I'm fostering older kitties, 8-12 weeks, that are too young to be altered so can't be adopted just yet.

My first kitties are Bill and Bob. They are 8 weeks old. They were caught in a trap on Wednesday. They have been feral up until this point, so they're not fond of human contact. They hiss a lot, but they don't bite or swat at me. Once I have them in my arms they calm down. Their mom was really wild, and once she was altered she was realeased back to the wild. They've already been adopted but are just waiting to be neutered.

I'm trying to leave them alone for the rest of the day and probably tomorrow too so that they settle in here. After that they'll be carried around a lot because they've got to get used to human contact. Luckily their adopters understand that they have been wild, and aren't as affectionate as most kitties just yet.

Bob is the one with less black on his head, Bill is the one with more black. Bob is more tame than Bill, it seems.

Here are a few pictures.
1 - Their set up in my bedroom. They're loving their window seat! ;)
2 - Bob
3 - Bill
4 - Me petting Bob
5 - Hanging out in their cage

Laura's Babies
07-08-2006, 06:33 PM
Oh My God!! They are so adoreable that I got tears in my eyes over how adoreable they are. They are just to sweet for words with all that white fur and those pink noses and ears..

That cage needs a hammock... see in this old thread here. These boys LOVED the hammock and it was a lot smaller cage than what you have so you have plenty of room for one....or two.
http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?p=1019357#post1019357

.sarah
07-08-2006, 08:14 PM
Yeah, I'm going to be getting them a hammock. At work we just use towels clipped with huge fabric clips. I'm going to the fabric store tomorrow to get some. I went to PETsMART a minute ago and got them a big comfy bed, a scratching post/toy thingie, and a plastic litter box and scoop.

It is a big cage, isn't it? It's an extra dog crate I have. One of my dogs just graduated from sleeping in it a few months ago, so now I can use it for my fosters :)

jenluckenbach
07-08-2006, 08:16 PM
OMG!!!!!! More adorable white babies!!! It is a good thing they are already adopted, or I would have to sneak in and steal them. ;)

Laura's Babies
07-08-2006, 08:19 PM
You could even put something like a small log in it for them to climb on as big as that cage is. There is so much you could do in there to keep them busy and happy.

.sarah
07-08-2006, 08:27 PM
Cool! Thanks for the suggestion! Keep them coming, these are the first cats to ever enter my house ;) I've worked with cats for 2 years, but never had them at home before.

jazzcat
07-08-2006, 08:46 PM
Awwww, they are so cute.

Definitely a hammock will make things fun for them. Rocky and Rumor loved theirs.

Craftlady
07-08-2006, 09:07 PM
They are soooooooooo adorable.

Bengalz
07-08-2006, 09:13 PM
They are too cute for words. I'm drooling on my screen :D I would be a hopeless failure at fostering any cat, let alone kittens as cute as yours :) would have to keep every single one of them!!

Enjoy!

catmandu
07-09-2006, 08:04 AM
If you want a bargain on Kitten Food, most Pet Food Store have plenty of Kitten Food Samples so they can become used to different foods.
They are so gorgeous I hope they get thier Furrever Homes soon.

.sarah
07-10-2006, 12:08 AM
I put the hammock up a couple hours ago and they are really enjoying it! Bob is really starting to come out of his shell. Bill is too, but only when I'm not within a few feet of the cage. Hopefully they'll continue to improve :D