PDA

View Full Version : Annoyed

slleipnir
05-17-2002, 02:14 PM
In the mornings I don't have time to clean up the food Ruf doesn't eat so the birds don't eat it. So we started this thing were Nick feeds him at lunch when he wakes up, only HES NOT feeding him!!!!!!!!!!!!!! He went all yesterday with only a slice of bread cause I though he would have fed him. I even left him a note for him. I fed him a little this morning and when I got home from school, cause he FORGOT again!!! It makes me so angry..I know I shouldn't be, but I asked him how he'd feel if someone "didn't get around to feeding him" like he said. He said well I feed myself. Well, im sorry he can't do that. Its not fair to Ruf, and I have school I can't be late for. My dad won't feed him either. Does anyone have any sugestions on how he could be fed? I dont think he could wait till I got home after school to have his 1st meal..??

Dixieland Dancer
05-17-2002, 02:22 PM
I put Dusty's food in a Buster Cube when I leave for work in the morning so he can play getting his food out of the cube. He really loves this game and if he doesn't eat it all (which is never a problem) it stays in the cube!

anna_66
05-17-2002, 02:34 PM
A small self feeder might work for when you are away. Roxey also has a ball that you can put food in, she thinks it's alot of fun, and eats whenever she wants it.

Dixieland Dancer~Buster Cube~is that the square toy you can put food or treats in? I have seen a couple diffrent ones. I was wondering (if it is the square one) do they like it even though it is square, I didn't think they really would.

slleipnir
05-17-2002, 04:39 PM
Hes really old, he wouldn't want to play for his food, also, he has to eat outside or he will have an accident on the floor right after eatting. He doesn't like staying outside all morning either..LOL Hes picky or something..but I want the best for him, and NOT someone not caring enough to not feed him :mad: stupid bro..

Thanks for the sugestions!!

Fuzzy317
05-17-2002, 05:02 PM
My step-son was incharge of feeding the pets, and doing the cat's litter boxes at first. I felt sorry for the cats, in how poorly he was doing the litter boxes, :( so I took over doing that task.

He still feeds the dogs in the mornings when he remembers, but he has been fussed at by his mother about how would he like not eating all day either. He is hopefully doing better, but I get tired of constantly having to check behind him. :mad:

Kfamr
05-17-2002, 05:37 PM
If you can. maybe try getting up earlier? ..school is almost over here:D

Sara luvs her Tinky
05-17-2002, 07:50 PM
They sell these things at petsmart that feed your pets for you. There are I think three different compartments that you fill with food and you set it on a timer. At the time you set it the lid spins and exposes the new cubby full of food. Of cours you will have to have somewhere to plug it in and I don't know exactly how much they cost but it sounds good for your situation. :)

slleipnir
05-17-2002, 07:50 PM
Same here, but I can't really get up any earlier, its a long story but he takes a long time to finished his food anyway.

Sara luvs her Tinky
05-17-2002, 07:58 PM
o.k. this one is a little expensive and I have seen different ones too

http://www.petsmart.com/images/product/thumb/inP024117thumb.jpg 159.99

Here is one that looks perfect it doesn't even look like you have to plug it in....
http://www.petsmart.com/images/product/large/v380435.jpg Perfect for today's busy or traveling pet owner. Saves expensive boarding fees. Set the timer, and the lid pops open to feed pets on schedule! Two dishes with 48 hour timer and ice pack. Holds 1 lb. canned or 2 cups dry food. 9"W x 7"D x 3"H.

Hope this helps..... they seem to have some more too on the website...:)

slleipnir
05-17-2002, 08:08 PM
Thanks a lot! Its not really that I don't have time to give him the food, its that after he's done I don't have time to pick up what he doesn't eat cause I usually rush out the door as soon as I'm ready, and the crows eat what he doesn't finish :[

sammi
05-18-2002, 04:56 AM
Is it a bad thing that the birds eat what the dog doesen't? What time do you have off for school vacation? You go to school for a longer period of time than in the states.
I see where this feeding thing would make you upset when you depend on someone to help and they don't follow through.
Another thing could you get the food ready the night before (put it in a sealed container like a ice cream bucket) so you would just need to dump it in his dish?

slleipnir
05-18-2002, 09:30 AM
Thank you sammi :] My dad (who buys the food) doesn't want his money to feed the neighborhood crows. Like I said, I have time to give him the food, but he takes along time to eat it so when he's done I'm on my way to school. I get of school a few wks after the states, but we also started later.

Kfamr
05-18-2002, 11:57 AM
Ok...maybe you can do an experiment.... Measure his food.. like how much you normally give him...(do it on a day you have off) watch him whiles hes eating and when hes done see how much theres left.... then reduce the food amount you give him if theres still some left the next day... then reduce it more? if hes really hungry... he would eat all of it. Maybe hes just being a good animal friend and saving the crows some food? :p

slleipnir
05-18-2002, 03:10 PM
Maybe! hehe, thats a good idea :] Somedays he eats more then other days, I'm not sure if that comes with old age too..? I asked nick again and he said he would feed him at lunch. Days he works, I'll come home for lunch and feed him. I hope he remembers to feed him, thats all :[

mruffruff
05-21-2002, 10:13 AM
I feed my dogs when I get home from work, not in the morning. Dogs don't really care when they eat as long as it's the same time every day.

You might try switching his meal time over several days when you don't have to go to school. Feed him a couple hours later each day until you get to a time when you can be consistent. Then you can watch him after school and keep your dog AND your dad happy.

I truly understand about an older dog not eating very fast. Of my four, one has to be fed in the morning and evening due to diabetes. I have to put the other three in my room with the door closed until Bear eats his breakfast and gets his insulin shot. If he doesn't eat, he can't get his shot. If he doesn't get his shot, he could have convulsions and die while I'm at work. Some days I get very annoyed because he won't eat!!

What do you mean when you said he has to eat outside because he has an accident on the floor? Does he lose control of his bladder? Does he do this at other times also?

Mary

slleipnir
05-21-2002, 10:24 AM
I know very well about diabetes from working at the vets, and in humans, because of my bro having it..its a terrible disease even tho it can be controlled..my bro doesn't take care of himself which I'm sure you know what happens from that..
anyway, He poo's on the floor usually every morning now, and sometmes later in the day. In the winter he'd usually go just as he was eatting and not make it to the door unless we watch him ever second he ate :[

sammi
05-21-2002, 11:32 AM
You could even try feeding him just a small amount or half of what he usually gets in the morning and the rest late in the day. He might need something in the morning if he is older - I have always fed my dogs twice a day so I don't know.
I was just wondering how do the birds get his leftover food with him outside? Or does he go inside after he eats? Black birds are kinda piggy! They steal all the food out of my bird feeder!