PDA

View Full Version : AAWWEESSOOMMEE news!

zoomer
07-07-2006, 09:04 PM
I haven't been seeing my co-dog (show dog) very often, but I've got awesome news! I'm going to babysit him for a whole week starting on Monday! And I'll be getting LOADS of pictures if you don't mind :D

lute
07-07-2006, 09:05 PM
that's great! you'll have lots of time to work with him! can't wait for pics!

BOBS DAD
07-07-2006, 09:07 PM
Very cool. Hope to see some great pics!!! :D

zoomer
07-07-2006, 09:07 PM
that's great! you'll have lots of time to work with him! can't wait for pics!

Yeah I am SOOO glad I'll have time to train him.

Almita
07-07-2006, 09:20 PM
Wow that's great Makayla! I can't wait to see pictures! Have fun babysitting!

Suki Wingy
07-07-2006, 09:22 PM
sounds great!

bckrazy
07-07-2006, 09:32 PM
Sweet! =) Can't wait to see pics. Do you actually co-own him or do you just handle him?

zoomer
07-07-2006, 10:08 PM
Sweet! =) Can't wait to see pics. Do you actually co-own him or do you just handle him?

Well, every since he was a puppy I babysat him from 8:00 am - 10:00 pm, so he was practiclly 1/2 my dog, which is co, right?

Dorothy39
07-07-2006, 10:24 PM
That will be nice, I will be sure to look for that picture Thread!!!

zoomer
07-07-2006, 10:27 PM
Okay, and for those of you who wanted the picture of him stacked, I'll try and get it!

Also, does anyone know of any shows in Washington on Sunday - Friday?

bckrazy
07-07-2006, 10:29 PM
I thought co-owning meant your name is also on ownership rights... and you have some sort of right to him. Traditionally the breeder co-owns with a family that shows the dog, and the breeder reserves breeding rights on the dog. I guess if you're using it kind of like a "God-parent" thing, I understand. ;)

zoomer
07-07-2006, 10:30 PM
I just found out he's coming on Sunday, not Monday. 1 DAY BETTER ! Yay!

I thought co-owning meant your name is also on ownership rights... and you have some sort of right to him. Traditionally the breeder co-owns with a family that shows the dog, and the breeder reserves breeding rights on the dog. I guess if you're using it kind of like a "God-parent" thing, I understand. ;)

Yeah, I guess, LOL :p

lute
07-07-2006, 10:33 PM
Well, every since he was a puppy I babysat him from 8:00 am - 10:00 pm, so he was practiclly 1/2 my dog, which is co, right?
no. that's not exactly the way it works. to co-own the dog it has to have your name and the other owner's name on the registration papers. like Gracie's AKC registration papers say owners: Lexie Rowe & Melodie Phillips-Sorenson. so you'll just be handling the dog unless you get your name on the registration papers. if you want to do this contact AKC.

zoomer
07-07-2006, 10:35 PM
no. that's not exactly the way it works. to co-own the dog it has to have your name and the other owner's name on the registration papers. like Gracie's AKC registration papers say owners: Lexie Rowe & Melodie Phillips-Sorenson. so you'll just be handling the dog unless you get your name on the registration papers. if you want to do this contact AKC.

Okay, thanks. I'll talk to Doug (Diesel's owner) about it.

lute
07-07-2006, 10:37 PM
Also, does anyone know of any shows in Washington on Sunday - Friday?

you can't just "show up" to a dog show. you have to fill out and send in an entry form before th entries close. entries close normally 2 weeks in advance. you need to request premium lists. then you will start getting premium lists in the mail. there are entry forms on the back pages of the premium lists. premium lists tell you everything about the show. who the judges are, where the show is located, etc.

zoomer
07-07-2006, 10:38 PM
you can't just "show up" to a dog show. you have to fill out and send in an entry form before th entries close. entries close normally 2 weeks in advance. you need to request premium lists. then you will start getting premium lists in the mail. there are entry forms on the back pages of the premium lists. premium lists tell you everything about the show. who the judges are, where the show is located, etc.

Oh yeah (LMAO). I kinda... forgot, LOL. I need to get updated :rolleyes:

lute
07-07-2006, 10:41 PM
no problem. there is a lot to learn about showing dogs. it takes time. ;)

zoomer
07-08-2006, 01:39 PM
no problem. there is a lot to learn about showing dogs. it takes time. ;)

Yep.