PDA

View Full Version : My dear little Milton :(

My Peanuts
07-07-2006, 07:10 PM
Milton my cockatiel had to be put down today. You can read about his hospitalization here... Milton's thread (http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?t=108408)

I adopted Milton two years ago from the Dane county humane society in Madison Wisconsin. His cage mate at the shelter was picking on him and I was eager to take him home. I drove 3 hours to get him and 3 hours back. Milton was not hand tamed but I still feel we were bonded closely. He was named after Milton Wisconsin because my brother and I saw the sign on the way home. Milton was a special little guy. He was the only survivor last November when my other three tiels died suddenly. We still don't know why. After that I adopted Bessie to keep Milton company. He loved her and they would snuggle all day. Right now I am trying to keep Bessie company, but she knows he's gone and she needs time to grieve too.

Here is Milton from a couple of months ago. He is already missed and my house won't be the same without him. He was a very good boy.

RIP Milton. :(

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v43/Jejsdian/fcc0f5e6.jpg

Chilli
07-07-2006, 08:06 PM
As I had posted in the other thread, I greive the loss of this little guy with you. Though I didn't know all that much about him, I kept sending positive thoughts, in hope of a better tomorrow.
Again, your unselfish gesture has made your little boy not feel any pain anymore.
(((hugs)))

chocolatepuppy
07-07-2006, 08:13 PM
I'm so sorry about Milton. :( You have had such bad luck with your tiels. Milton is happy at the Rainbow Bridge now. It's the hardest thing to know another pet misses the pet that died. My thoughts are with you. {hugs}

luvofallhorses
07-07-2006, 10:12 PM
I'm so sorry for your loss. :( ((hugs))

Zippy
07-08-2006, 09:00 AM
I am so sorry about Milton.(((Hugs)))

Logan
07-28-2006, 07:31 AM
Diana, I never posted on this thread since I was replying in the other one. I hope your heart is healing now.

Logan

jujuboy
08-03-2006, 09:29 AM
Beautiful milton...just read his story :( ..dearly loved, sadly missed..will always be very close to your heart..may his memory always bring that smile that will comfort you in those quite times and those little reminders that he was once an important part of your life and to bessie's...nothing can rob you of those precious memories...Rest in peace Milton.. :) ..Jujuboy :cool: