PDA

View Full Version : I'm going to be SO lost!

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
07-07-2006, 03:46 PM
So we hired someone to fill my position today - she starts on Monday! :eek:

My boss wants her to sit at my desk and immediately get right into things, which means I'll be relegated to the second desk up front - which has NO computer - or the desk in the back - which has a computer with I think 100 mhz (NOT GIG!) and Windows 95 on it! :eek: :rolleyes: :( My boss - obviously - doesn't want her to see us playing games, which also means she can't see me on PT. I haven't had someone else working in MY office in sooo long that I won't know how to act, and how in the world am I going to check PT if I have to worry about her "catching" me? :(

We do have a wireless network here, so I'm thinking about bringing my laptop. That way I could set it on the desk in the back so she can't see the screen when she walks up, and it would also be MUCH faster and more modern with its Windows XP.

The good news is I won't have to answer the phones anymore - yippeee!!!! And I won't have to send stuff out for bid anymore - yipeeee!!!! Those two alone almost make being relegated to the back worth it. ;)

Cookiebaker
07-07-2006, 04:01 PM
I totally know what you mean, Debbie. It's so hard because I have already started training my co-worker to take over my responsibilities. I am only planning on working for maybe 3 more months or so. It's so sad :( I love my job. :(

Edwina's Secretary
07-07-2006, 08:27 PM
Take your laptop! She will be so busy learning new things she won't have time to look at what you are doing..... :D ;) :D

Cinder & Smoke
07-07-2006, 09:28 PM
So we hired someone to fill my position today :eek:

... I won't have to answer the phones anymore - yippeee!!!!
And I won't have to send stuff out for bid anymore - yipeeee!!!!

:confused:

Begs the Question -

Just what WILL you be doing? :p

Edwina's Secretary
07-07-2006, 09:40 PM
:confused:

Begs the Question -

Just what WILL you be doing? :p

Silly fireman...she is going to supervise...you know...aka...sitting with your feet up on the desk looking at PetTalk! :D :D :D

Cinder & Smoke
07-07-2006, 11:16 PM
I get so http://petoftheday.com/i/our_smilies/confused.gif confused ...

Silly fireman...she is going to supervise ... you know ... aka ...
sitting with your feet up on the desk looking at PetTalk! http://petoftheday.com/i/our_smilies/biggrin.gif http://petoftheday.com/i/our_smilies/biggrin.gif http://petoftheday.com/i/our_smilies/biggrin.gif

??
"... sitting with feet up on the desk ...
looking at Pet Talk ..."

So - exactly WHAT has changed?

:p

I'd be inna sweat that New Gurl is gonna ask da Boss:
"WHAT am I supposed to DO all day?
I sit here for HOURS wiff nuffin to do!
Wish I had a Special Project to work on like Debbie does!"

http://petoftheday.com/i/our_smilies/eek.gif

Barbara
07-08-2006, 05:16 AM
It's funny- there you are- having resigned and all and still worry the boss could catch you at PT :D
I am sure the new lady will have too much respect to look in your screen without being asked over :D

Laura's Babies
07-08-2006, 08:47 AM
Take that laptop with you or you will miss something here!

Bengalz
07-08-2006, 09:49 AM
The laptop is a must! Just think of it as "hands on training" for your new position .... PT's Roving Reporter. ;)

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
07-17-2006, 08:11 PM
I spent most of the day today getting the back cleaned up and organized for me. All I need now is an extension cord/surger protector and I'll be able to plug my laptop in so it faces me and faces away from anyone who walks back there. This means I should be able to spend a little more time here again - whew!

Last week was tough. We had a lot of work to get done and I spent the whole week hanging over her shoulder showing her how to do everything. This week I'm taking a step back and letting her take over more.

I LOVED today! I was in back doing my own thing and the boss came in. I could hear the two of them talking and then the phone started ringing. I didn't have to answer the phone and I didn't have to drop everything and do what he wanted done, it was SO great! If the rest of the next couple of weeks are like this I might want to drag out my leaving a little........NOT!!! ;)

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
07-25-2006, 09:36 AM
Most of the last two weeks have been great! I've had my laptop on the desk in back and it's positioned where nobody can see it as they walk by. Been busy doing work stuff on it though. ;)

Today, however, I forgot my laptop! Don't know how I could have done that. :( :rolleyes: So I'm on the computer that is in back, which has a screen that EVERYONE can see as they walk by, and there's no way to hide it. :eek:

Also, the new girl usually wears high heels and I can hear her clumping down the hall if she's coming this way. Wouldn't you know it, today she wore soft soled shoes and she has already "snuck up on me once or twice." The good news is I was just doing email - ack, she just walked up now. I was able to close the screen quick enough so I don't think she saw anything, but I think I better make it look like I'm working now. ;) :rolleyes: It's going to be a loooonnnggg day.

Logan
07-25-2006, 10:39 AM
I need an update on you, Debbie. I am so embarassed that I didn't even know you and Terry had already sold your house and moved into an apartment until i read your thread about cleaning the carpet last night. I did know that your replacement had been hired.

When is your final day? And then were are you two taking off to?? Inquiring minds!!!! ;)

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
07-25-2006, 08:34 PM
When is your final day? And then were are you two taking off to?? Inquiring minds!!!! ;)
No problem, Logan. I know you've had your mind on much more important things the last few months.

There is no set day as my last day yet. It all depends on how the new girl progresses. I was worried before, but she did payroll all by herself today for the first time and she did great! I'm thinking it'll be towards the end of August before I leave for good....at least I hope so because I'm hoping for a 4 day weekend for Labor Day. ;)

Our first destination will be Tucson, AZ. We'll probably be there or nearby there for this winter, then we'll see what happens after that....and what fuel prices are like. :rolleyes:

We're getting more and more excited as the time gets closer. Can't wait until I don't have to sit in traffic anymore! But then again, I'm NOT looking forward to not getting a paycheck anymore either. ;)

DrKym
07-25-2006, 08:39 PM
Wow if you are going as far as Tuscon you should take the trip up the mountain to Prescott Az (lived there for 12 yrs) Beautiful scenery and lovely winter weather! Plenty of RV parks and spots also! Just a thought......