PDA

View Full Version : Did you ever get the lyrics to a song wrong?

RedHedd
07-06-2006, 10:52 PM
We're you convinced you were right? I got this link in an e-mail this morning - Hilarious! :D

http://kissthisguy.com/

Suki Wingy
07-06-2006, 11:03 PM
I'm usually really good at hearing the lyrics because if it doesn't make sence I'll go back and figure it out, but I did have a few minor ones. The biggest was Jus' A Rascal by Dizzee Rascal. At the end a girl comes on an answering machine and says "I'm gonna lift up your face with chat, yeah" and every time I hear the song I still hear, "I'm gonna lick off your face with chocolate" I'm not crazy, they both have heavy london accents!

flamepony12
07-07-2006, 12:43 AM
Those are hilarious :D

lovethatpug
07-07-2006, 01:22 AM
hahahaa, Devon, thanks for showing me the website earlier, those were so funny. :D

Lady's Human
07-07-2006, 02:37 AM
My brother and I constantly butchered lyrics. There was only one problem......we had a tendency to do it in church. They changed the lyrics of the hymns, (the new PC hymnal) and we both had major problems. Hard to sing in the choir when you're both laughing.

Killearn Kitties
07-07-2006, 04:26 AM
I honestly have to wonder about the sanity of the people who have responded with some of those misheard lyrics. :D

Reminds me of the time though when I was at college and somehow a fight developed about the lyrics of "Blueberry Hill", with a good third of the people polled thinking it began "I found my freedom on Blueberry Hill". The whole thing lasted for days and eventually involved dozens of people. That wouldn't happen now of course, you could just Google it. What a bore!

kuhio98
07-07-2006, 12:53 PM
There is a book out on this. Not sure if it's the same guy. "Scuse Me While I Kiss This Guy" (http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/0671501283/qid=1152294546/sr=1-) is very funny. I can't remember the guy's name who had the rap hit years ago... The lyrics were "Too legit. Too legit to quit". My friend (Sandy) sang "Do the twist. Do the jungle twist." Even after she found out the right lyrics, she liked her version better. :p

Cataholic
07-07-2006, 12:56 PM
I had a friend in college that would sing along with songs, and I would laugh so hard at what she thought she was hearing. She would have entire songs completely wrong. Not just words, but, whole songs!

THEN, honest to gosh true story, I worked with a girl named Melissa, and she thought the saying, "My bad" was, "My BAG". LOL. This went on for some time, apparently, until one of her friends stopped her and said, "what the heck are you saying!!!" "My BAG?"

I guess it is true, you hear what you want!

Samantha Puppy
07-07-2006, 01:01 PM
I always thought the lyrics to "I'm So Excited" were:

Take your pants off
Make it happen!

My parents about died the first time I sang that.

Cataholic
07-07-2006, 01:08 PM

Take your pants off
Make it happen!

I don't know why I am laughing so hard at this, considering I don't know the words. What should you have been singing? LOL, I find this very funny.

Samantha Puppy
07-07-2006, 01:24 PM
I think it's supposed to be "Take your passion, and make it happen".

I prefer my version, though there is a consequence for that behavior. I like to call it Aidan.

Edited - It's not "I'm So Excited", it's "Flashdance". Oops!

zippy-kat
07-07-2006, 02:12 PM
As per parents' old records, sang by me (approx age 5), "The ants are my friends, they're blowing in the wind." :o

lizbud
07-07-2006, 04:56 PM
As per parents' old records, sang by me (approx age 5), "The ants are my friends, they're blowing in the wind." :o

I love it. :D In grade school & singing in the church choir at Christmas

sang " Oh come let us side door him. O come let us side door him, etc."

I was the loudest kid in the choir. :D

lizbud
07-07-2006, 04:57 PM

Take your pants off
Make it happen!

This is soooo funny. :D :D

kuhio98
07-07-2006, 05:00 PM
Wrong: "There's a bathroom on the right"
Right: "There's a bad moon on the rise"

Wrong: "The girl with colitis goes by"
Right: "The girl with kaleidoscope eyes"

Wrong: "The question to everyone's answer, is usually aspirin and gin".
Right: "The question to everyone's answer, is usually asked from within."

Wrong: "Slow-motion Walter, fire-engine guy"
Right: "Smoke on the water/Fire in the sky" :p

BOBS DAD
07-07-2006, 05:05 PM
There is a book out on this. Not sure if it's the same guy. "Scuse Me While I Kiss This Guy" (http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/0671501283/qid=1152294546/sr=1-) is very funny. I can't remember the guy's name who had the rap hit years ago... The lyrics were "Too legit. Too legit to quit". My friend (Sandy) sang "Do the twist. Do the jungle twist." Even after she found out the right lyrics, she liked her version better. :p

Too funny stuff!!! I love it. And just so your friend knows she has company. I DO THE SAME THING. It drives my kids KA_RAZZYY!!! When I have been saying the lyrics wrong for so long, I grow accustomed to "my version" and generally prefer it over the original. GO FIGURE!!!

BOBS DAD
07-07-2006, 05:33 PM
OH...

I just remembered one of my favorites!!! You know the song "JUST CALL ME ANGEL' by Juice Newton (well I think it was a remake actually). Anyways,

I used to sing, "Just call me Angel of the Morning 'ANGEL'; just "touch my feet before you leave me" instead of "just touch my cheek before you leave me".

I kinda knew it was wrong but I liked the foot fetish aspect of it all!!! Ha hah!

lizbud
07-07-2006, 07:17 PM
Wrong: "There's a bathroom on the right"
Right: "There's a bad moon on the rise"

Wrong: "The girl with colitis goes by"
Right: "The girl with kaleidoscope eyes"

Wrong: "The question to everyone's answer, is usually aspirin and gin".
Right: "The question to everyone's answer, is usually asked from within."

Wrong: "Slow-motion Walter, fire-engine guy"
Right: "Smoke on the water/Fire in the sky" :p

:D :D :D

I've got to write these down. I've got one brother who has the same
warped sense of humor that I do and would love these. :D

IRescue452
07-07-2006, 09:23 PM
Just call me angel always confused me. Blueberry hill does sound more like "freedom" than "thrill". I have the song copied on my computer because I listen to it often. I still don't know the words that the older lady is singing in the beginning of Joan Osborne's song "one of us".