PDA

View Full Version : I've got LES tonight...

moosmom
07-06-2006, 09:30 PM
I was bored so I decided to torture myself a little by going on Petfinder.com

There I saw this beautiful 14 year old Maine Coon who was given up by her owner because he's going overseas and doesn't want to go through the quarantine. She's now at the Staten Island Counsel for Animal Welfare in NY and is in great danger of being PTS if she doesn't find a home.

I contacted my friend who is the head of the Maine Coon Alliance Rescue Network to let her know of this situation. I told her I would help in anyway I can to get Nusse (that's the cats name) out of that place.

I'll let you know what I hear. I may have a foster kitty pretty soon. Here's the link:

http://search.petfinder.com/petnote/displaypet.cgi?petid=6525653

Isn't she beautiful???

Grace
07-06-2006, 09:48 PM
Oh my - she sure is beautiful. Such a sad situation. I feel so badly for her - what must be going on in her head.

Bengalz
07-06-2006, 09:54 PM
Oh My Gosh - she is such a pretty baby. How could anyone in their right mind surrender her? I will never understand....

Thank you Donna for caring enough to help this little one. I certainly hope she finds a good person who will appreciate her.

Hugs to you for being so kind.

Logan
07-06-2006, 09:57 PM
Although I agree with the owner that an overseas trip for a 14 year old cat, plus the quarantine, would probably be out of the question, I hurt for that sweet girl. He should have made arrangements for her without turning her in to the shelter. :(

Donna, I cannot go to Petfinder. I cannot put myself through it. I want to save them all. I grieve over the rescues at Petsmart, and I know that they will never be put to sleep.

I can't open this link (no computer problem, just me.......can't do it).

I hope she finds a loving home to live out her life.

Logan

Catty1
07-06-2006, 10:16 PM
What a BEAUTIFUL kitty! Just GORGEOUS!

I hope your Maine Coon friend can help...

And Maine Coons are known for congenital heart defects, and don't live much beyond 12. So that might be an added reason why the flight and quarantine would be too much for Nusse.

I hope I have a small bungalow one day so I can save a couple more cats!

Donna - best of luck!

hugs
Catty1

jazzcat
07-06-2006, 10:44 PM
What a gorgeous cat! I hope you get something worked out Donna or at least help her find a new home for her golden years.

She makes me think of my Ripley. The looks are very similar and the ages are the same. I couldn't imagine having to leave him behind like that. :(

DrKym
07-06-2006, 10:45 PM
cat has a home
talking to donna and will be adopting her (me) very soon
:D

jazzcat
07-06-2006, 10:46 PM
cat has a home
talking to donna and will be adopting her (me) very soon
:D
WOW!!!! You are wonderful!!! :D :D :D

Laura's Babies
07-06-2006, 10:47 PM
Wow! She is beautiful.. I sure hope somebody can help her, she has been a faithful companion to someone for a long time and she deserves better.

DrKym
07-06-2006, 10:49 PM
not me being wonderful it was the cat
she is amazing!

catfamily
07-06-2006, 11:32 PM
not me being wonderful it was the cat
she is amazing!
Do you have that beauty now?You're so kind AND very lucky too :)
Posting pictures soon?I hope?
This is the best news I heard in a long while.
I love the older cats so much.
Please keep us updated.

DrKym
07-06-2006, 11:36 PM
not yet soon tho and i promise many pics

DrKym
07-07-2006, 12:46 AM
donna says i cant have her but my neighbor can, seems our girl isnt good with dogs so i will keep you all updated.

catmandu
07-07-2006, 10:50 AM
Nusse i so gorgeous, we are praying that someone can take her in, and give Nusse a forever home.

kb2yjx
07-07-2006, 04:06 PM
What a BEAUTY!!! Nusse doen't look 14!!!! She is so REGAL!! I am glad that your neighbour will adopt her!!! Too bad her only fault is she does not get along with dogs!!!

K & L
07-07-2006, 06:59 PM
She is beautiful. Good luck and can't wait to hear how it all works out.

moosmom
07-07-2006, 10:22 PM
I spoke with the woman from the Staten Island Animal Welfare Council today. It seems the owner of the cat is originally from Norway. Her husband passed away and she is in the middle of selling her house and moving back to her homeland. She doesn't want to put the cat through all the stress of flying and quarantine. Nusse is NOT in danger of being euthanized, as there have been a few offers to foster her.

The woman wants to keep Nusse with her as long as possible, so it might not take place till sometime in August, or whenever she closes on the sale of her house.

That's good news. I was a little disappointed, but relieved to know that she's going to be fine.

catfamily
07-08-2006, 03:31 AM
God I'd hate to see her go to foster to foster unless one foster keeps her till she passess.I wish I didn't have so many.I'd take her.I'm close to NY.
I hope she finds someone in her neighborhood.That would be better for the cat.And I'm glad she's keeping her as long as possible.That cat will miss her terribly.The cat will need TONS TONS of love to help her live through the seperation at such an old age.I hope the new owners understand the cat will be depressed and will need so much understanding and patience.(mostly LOVE)Maybe I should just take her :eek: Kidding. :D