PDA

View Full Version : Help us figure out leo's breed?

leo_the_lion
07-06-2006, 08:47 PM
we just adopted our new puppy, leo, and we were told that he was a golden retreiver/labrador mix. well now we are told that he could be a chow chow/shepherd mix. we are not sure what he is and hopefully you can help us out.

leo is 10 weeks old and is very energetic. he loves to play and does not like to be left alone. he has reddish coloring and on his lower backside and tail has black markings of a shepherd.

Karen
07-06-2006, 08:49 PM
He looks very, very chow-like, but for the pink tongue. His profile could have shepherd, he's got the longer nose ....

And, I would add, he is 100% adorable!

IRescue452
07-06-2006, 09:30 PM
Too young to tell, but if I had to pick between the two mixes I'd definately say chow/shepherd. He's got round catlike paws which I wouldn't expect from any retriever, but are seen in both shepherd mixes and in chows. You'll have to keep us posted as he grows. I agree with the 100% adorable :D .

DrKym
07-06-2006, 11:41 PM
re post in a few too young to tell at least for me :(

Danegirl2208
07-07-2006, 02:55 PM
yeah its hard to tell when they are so young..maybe some chow? but like i said you'll have to wait till he's bigger..hes a cutie though!! i love the 1st pic, he stacks himself :D

T-Ice
07-07-2006, 03:53 PM
I'd say Golden Retriever/ Chow. I personally don't see any shepherd.

BOBS DAD
07-07-2006, 05:12 PM
I agree with pretty much everyone else. He could very well be what the Rescuers say he is or he could be what PT'rs suggest... or he could be a combination or none of the above. It is very hard to tell with mixed breeds, especially when they are puppies!!!

Just remember that the Rescue Folks have no MAGIC FORMULA for guessing breeds. Aside from knowing the actual parent (one or both), they are just really "guessing" - pretty much like you and I. And what do we base our guesses on??? How they look for the most part and how they look and act as they mature.

So I would say that at this early venture, he could very well be a Chow and Lab. THERE... that's my guess!!! LOL!

BCollie_Kelly
07-07-2006, 07:28 PM
I would say he looks very chow like from the pictures, he is very cute! Please keep us updated with pictures of the little fella! :D

zoomer
07-07-2006, 10:20 PM
Definetly Chow Chow, and maybe some Shepherd. It's hard to tell when they're puppies.