PDA

View Full Version : Is this a hoax??

Jods
07-06-2006, 06:30 PM
I just got a call that said my name was drawn in a draw from doing a survey for respiratory illness' I DO remember doing the survey well they said I won an all expense paid trip and they will be here within 30 min to deliver my prize... Is this a hoax??? :confused:

Samantha Puppy
07-06-2006, 06:32 PM
Most likely!

Ginger's Mom
07-06-2006, 06:44 PM
Yeah, I have to agree with Jaime. What else did they say? Did they ask you any personal information? Did they already know where you live? Did you give out that information when you took the survey? Who was the survey for? Did they give you a phone number you could call back to confirm? Were you aware of certain prizes when you took the survey? Aren't you usually notified by registered mail? Don't you have to fill out certain forms before you can be declared a winner? I don't know about this, I would like to think that something good has happened for you, but I am a little skeptical.

DrKym
07-06-2006, 06:46 PM
I hope not! and if it iswnt can I stow away on the trip? :)

Pam
07-06-2006, 07:00 PM
I would actually be afraid to open the door. If it is someone *not on the level* what a great way to get inside your house. :eek: Of course I am a bit paranoid about things like that. My son often says I watch too much Oprah! :p I do hope it is real, though, and that you are a winner. :)

moosmom
07-06-2006, 07:06 PM
If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is!

Anyway you can call the company and verify that it's legit???

Laura's Babies
07-06-2006, 07:07 PM
Proceed with caution if anyone shows up at your door.

lute
07-06-2006, 07:14 PM
it's probably a hoax, but ya never know.

Muddy4paws
07-06-2006, 08:02 PM
I wouldnt open the door if they come round. That sounds a bit dodgy to me

smokey the elder
07-07-2006, 09:38 AM
*sniff*. Nope, doesn't pass the smell test.

king2005
07-07-2006, 09:56 AM
Time to call a few male friends over!
Do talk to them, cause my grandmother HAS won trips before, but I HAVE gotten many bad calls myself.. I never give out my address, except when I fill out the form, so if they don't know my address, then they are fake.

But do be careful!

I did win tickets to the Molson grand Prix for sunday, but thats with my Company, so I knew it was real hehe..

Jods
07-07-2006, 09:56 AM
I had to run to my parents it was past 30 min apparently they did show up but wouldnt give the tickets to my hubby they will be back today

BOBS DAD
07-07-2006, 10:03 AM
REALLY??? How crazy is that???

BUT, even still... thereis usually some catch to things like this. Like you agree to do a tour of their Time Share house??? Or you give them additional information about yourself and income and such - this they can sell to ther mass marketing groups... or any number of reasons why it my be worth the cost of a vacation to them to get something from you. Proceed cautiously... I get calls on my Buisness Fax Number (don't aslk me why that number) all the time about vacations I've won. I never respond!!!