PDA

View Full Version : Milton (tiel) needs prayers. He's not going to make it.

My Peanuts
07-06-2006, 02:35 PM
I rushed Milton to the avian vet today. He was acting sick and I brought him in. His prognosis isn't good at all and all I can do is cry. They did x-rays and a blood test. Right now he is being hospitalized, but I and the doctor don't think he's going to make it. He has an enlarged liver and some reading on his kidneys is supposed to be around 10 and his is in the 30's. The doctor said they almost never recover from that. She thinks he might be old. I don't know because I adopted him 2 years ago and I don't know his age. Please pray for Milton. Please pray that he gets better or that he goes to the Bridge quickly. :( I don't want my boy to suffer. We are doing all we can right now.

My Peanuts
07-06-2006, 02:39 PM
Here is Milton. I think this pic is a couple of months old.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v43/Jejsdian/fcc0f5e6.jpg

Khay
07-06-2006, 02:41 PM
Oh no, so sorry to hear! :(

He is a very handsome guy.....We're sending all our positive thoughts over to him......Good luck Milton...

Zippy
07-06-2006, 03:10 PM
I will be praying for Milton.

chocolatepuppy
07-06-2006, 04:32 PM
I'm so sorry. :( I will pray for Milton.

lute
07-06-2006, 04:49 PM
oh no. poor Milton. i hope he makes it. :(

Chilli
07-06-2006, 04:56 PM
Oh no. :( Good thoughts headed your way for you and your boy.

Roxyluvsme13
07-06-2006, 05:11 PM
(((HUGS))) and prayers for your boy. :(

Logan
07-06-2006, 05:54 PM
Oh Diana, I am so sorry. :( I can remember, vividly, when you got Milton.

Please know that Milton will be in my prayers and you, too.

Logan

Queen of Poop
07-06-2006, 06:08 PM
Prayers for both you and Milton.

My Peanuts
07-06-2006, 06:13 PM
I just called about Milton and there is no change. They are getting ready to give him fluids and meds right now. They said he ate very little and he's just sitting at the back of his hospital cage. The lady that checked him said he's sitting on both legs and not with one foot tucked as tiels do when they are comfortable. She said he doesn't appear to be in any pain though. I am calling again in the morning.

lute
07-06-2006, 06:45 PM
i'm gladhe's atleast not getting worse. get well soon Milton!

chrissycat21
07-06-2006, 06:57 PM
Milton will be in my prayers tonight. Atleast he isn't in any pain. :(

Logan
07-06-2006, 09:25 PM
Diana, my Tiels never hold one let up when they relax. They always have both feet comfortably situated on the perch. That's the first time I have heard that theory. Roger will hold one food up in front of his face at times and sing to himself, as if that foot is a microphone! LOL!!!

I hpe Milton will have a good night's rest. I know he has to be afraid, being away from your home.

Keep us posted. Our prayers continue.

Logan

My Peanuts
07-07-2006, 12:02 PM
There is no improvement this morning. With his prognosis being so bad and the fact that my poor guy must be totally hating being handled so much I think I have to put him down. The vet said she never saw an animal recover from readings that bad. I have to think of Milton and not myself. He's been there for 24 hours with no signs of improvement. I'm going to call at 2:00pm and if he isn't any better I'm going to speak with the doctor and ask her professional opinion at this point. One of the greatest things we can do for our pets is end their suffering. I feel like I have a clearer head today and I need to do what's right for my little MIlton. Thanks so much for the prayers and please keep them coming.

Jods
07-07-2006, 12:08 PM
Prayers sent & whatever decision you make you know it will be the best for him.

lute
07-07-2006, 04:07 PM
i'm so sorry. whatever choice you make it will be the right one.

My Peanuts
07-07-2006, 06:45 PM
I had to put Milton down today. I went to see him and he looked terrible, poor guy. He threw up while I was there. The doctor said it was a side effect from his failing kidneys. I couldn't let him suffer. They put him down and I took him home. I was crying so hard at the vet the doctor looked like she was going to cry. Milton was my special little guy since he was the only survivor last November when three of my tiels suddenly passed. I will be posting about Milton in Pet Memorial.

chrissycat21
07-07-2006, 07:03 PM
I'm so sorry about Milton. :( You did all you could for him, and you made the best choice possible. Now he is no longer suffering. :(

RIP Milton, PT will miss you.

:( :( :(

Logan
07-07-2006, 07:29 PM
Diana, I have been self absorbed in my own sadness today and I totally forgot to check in on Milton. I was so in hopes he was going to pull through.

I am very, very sorry for your loss, my friend. :(

Logan

lute
07-07-2006, 07:52 PM
i'm so sorry about Milton. he was very beautiful. R.I.P. Milton. :( my Lucy is waiting for you to show you around the bridge.

Chilli
07-07-2006, 08:03 PM
I kept checking back at this thread, hoping to hear some good news about Milton.
I'm so sorry for your loss. :( You did such an unselfish thing, and he really thanks you for deciding for his pain to end.
(((hugs)))