PDA

View Full Version : Worried about Mimi........advice?

Logan
07-05-2006, 10:47 PM
She is continuing to decline. She has no obvious health problems. She was checked over, completely, a couple of weeks ago. She was 5.2 pounds that day. I think she would weigh less today.

She turned 17 years old on June 18. Oh, I love her so, but she is not happy. She doesn't want to eat, no matter what I offer. She doesn't want to come inside unless I force her. She doesn't seem to be in pain, but her jumping ability is just about gone and she cries out whenever we pick her up....I don't know whether that is pain or just grouchiness. How do I know what to do and when she is so bad that I need to let her go? I am fearful that I have been too distracted with Mack and with the loss of Zipper to pay enough attention to her, but I have tried, as has Helen. Her hearing is good and she usually comes when we call. I would like her to stay inside all of the time, but should I force her to stay inside now, after all these years? And would it make a difference? My greatest fear is that she will just walk away and die one day and I won't know where she is or what happened. If she is ready to go, I will give her a dignified death, but how do I know????

I'm just grasping for some suggestions and some possibilities right now. Do I need to try to find an answer at this late point in her life? do I need to just let her live out her life, as I have planned to do?

Please, be honest with me. Dr. Robinson will do whatever I want, but he is not one for heroics and neither am I.

Logan

Catty1
07-05-2006, 11:07 PM
Could her pain be due to arthritis? that kind of pain would kill a critter's appetite.

There might be treatment for that.

You might try asking Dr Robinson what he would do if it were his cat.

Another question I have asked is: "If I decided to put my cat to sleep, would you say it was an inappropriate decision?"

These questions sound unfeeling...but they enable a vet to reply honestly, without deciding for you, if you know what I mean.

Love Mimi as much as you can! Maybe a well-protected heating pad would help her pain.

hugs
Catty1

shais_mom
07-05-2006, 11:35 PM
Oh Logan I am so sorry to hear this.
Wow she's sooo tiny!
I fell that they will let you know when the time comes but in this case it is so hard to know.
hugs to you and gentle hugs to Mimi

Laura's Babies
07-06-2006, 07:50 AM
To me it would depend on the quality of life she is having now and I would have to get her inside to watch and observe her and to keep her safe.

Maresche
07-06-2006, 07:58 AM
I am so sorry to hear about Mimi.

What we did for Hana as she got older was make a list of her 3 favorite things to do. We knew it would be time to let her go when she would not or could not do those things anymore.

Fortunately, or unfortunately, her health declined so fast we didn't need the list.

I hope the decision is still a long way off for Mimi.

catlover4ever
07-06-2006, 08:15 AM
Logan, I'm sorry to hear about Mimi. I know some of what you are going through. Miss Tucker is 23 and when you describe Mimi I would swear that you are describing Tucker as well. She cries when we pick her up, does not eat as well as she used to, sleeps almost all of the time, does not want to come inside for the night, she can no longer jump, etc.

I know a lot of the thoughts that are going through your head. Am I being fair to Mimi, is she just cranky, am I doing right by her....only you can answer that....it's hard.

I contemplate Tucker every day. She going deaf and her sight is starting to fail. When we pick her up she cries, she made me chase her 4 times over the yard last night because she did not want to come inside (but she has to come in every night)....will she one day walk away to die in the woods and I won't be able to find her. Having discussed Tucker with my vet he has told me that all these things happen to cats, some just decline at earlier ages.

I have to just trust in my heart that I will be able to tell when she has failed enough and my heart will make the decision to give her a dignified peace...and I know that I have to be strong enough to not second guess myself.

Our senior cats are very wise and knowing creatures....I think Mimi will tell you when her time has come. (((hugs))) --- Meg

Rachel
07-06-2006, 08:39 AM
I can well remember the agony of facing each day the agony of watching the physical and mental decline of a pet. Sometimes I wondered which of us was suffering more.

Although it seems like the worst possible scenerio, if in fact one day she does go off and not come back, try to think of it as how she wanted it to be. As I write this, I am brought to tears as I know how dear Mimi is to you and your family. Even if you hadn't just had to deal with losing Murphy and Zipper, this situation is heart wrenching.

Whatever you choose to do, it will be a thoughtful and caring decision. You are capable of only that for your animals. Trust your heart.

catnapper
07-06-2006, 08:44 AM
I am truly sorry to hear this. I have no experience with knowing when its time... I can only imagine the pain and heartache of wondering if you shold wait or take action. ((HUGS))

moosmom
07-06-2006, 08:44 AM
will she one day walk away to die in the woods and I won't be able to find her.

My biggest fear would be the above. Since she is 17 and getting on in years, I would try to keep her inside. But that is only my opinion.

You've gotta do what is best for Mimi. When the time comes, I hope you will be able to do what is right for Mimi. In the meantime, love her with everything you've got, and make the most of the time you have with her.

(((((HUGS))))

Donna

Logan
07-06-2006, 09:07 AM
Thank you all for your comments and advice. One thing I failed to mention is that she "hides" now. Zipper started doing the same thing when he got sick. :( She stayed inside all night (she is set up with a litter box and chooses to stay upstairs, most of the time, hiding in Helen's closet). This morning, I took a food bowl and water upstairs so she wouldn't have to come down to the usual spot to eat. Maybe that will help.

Dr. Robinson does not work on Thursday, so I will call him in the morning and see if he has any advice about stimulating her appetite.

Mimi has been with me since she was a six week old kitten in 1989 and has been the healthiest, easiest pet I have ever had. And oh so loving. :) My goal in the last year has been to let her do what she wants, when she wants and where she wants. If outside is where she wanted to be, I have been able to trust her to stay in our yard, usually sleeping in a flower bed or under the car. Thank goodness we don't have problems with stray animals around here or I would be more fearful. But if I can keep her in, that is what I plan to try and do.

I will keep you posted. I didn't even share pictures of her on her birthday because she looks so bad. I would prefer for you guys to remember her when she was healthier and a little more plump.

Tucker is amazing at 23 years old. Wow! I guess I've always thought that Mimi would live forever. Its not just that I'm still grieving for Murphy and Zip, although that does play a part in my struggle right now, but I just don't want this huge piece of my life to leave me. Not yet. She has been the one stable thing in my life, through thick and thin, for the last 17 years.

Logan

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
07-06-2006, 09:42 AM
Oh Logan, I'm so sorry to hear this. :( But, along with Meg, I know exactly what you're going through since Peanut's tumor is getting worse - I can tell by the amount of blood in her urine. :(

I would suggest that you do whatever you can to make Mimi comfortable and let your heart guide you the rest of the way. Either she will die peacefully and you will find her afterwards, or she will give you some kind of sign that it is time. My first thought about leaving her outside was "if that's what she wants, that's what she gets" but the thought of having her wander off and die is just too horrible, so I would keep her inside also, and if the upstairs closet is where she prefers to be then that would be good enough for me - as long as I knew where she was.

She could have arthritis making it painful when you pick her up. I gave Tubby Cosequin for his arthritis and it seemed to help a bit. Also, when Tubby was at his worst, I finally got him to eat a bit of baby food. What I did was put the dish in the microwave for about a minute to make it warm, then I put the baby food on the warm dish. That way it was warm - making it more smelly so they're more likely to eat it - but it wasn't HOT which wouldn't have been good. Tubby preferred the beef and turkey mushy baby food. The only other thing I can think of to stimulate her appetite is prednisolone. It's a steroid which makes them hungry and usually you have to worry about them gaining weight when they're on it, but it sounds like that would be a good thing in Mimi's case.

I'm just so very sorry this is all happening right now. You've been through so much in the last few months with losing precious pets, and this is the last thing you need right now. I will be hoping and praying for a positive uppydate, but know that we are here for you no matter what the news. :( {{{hugs}}}

catmandu
07-06-2006, 09:47 AM
I think that she would be better inside, as at that advanced age she could not get away from danger.
And you can keep Mimi a lot more comfortable if you could keep her indoors, and we pray that you can help that Poor Old Cat.

Pam
07-06-2006, 10:18 AM
I can well remember the agony of facing each day the agony of watching the physical and mental decline of a pet. Sometimes I wondered which of us was suffering more.

Although it seems like the worst possible scenerio, if in fact one day she does go off and not come back, try to think of it as how she wanted it to be. As I write this, I am brought to tears as I know how dear Mimi is to you and your family. Even if you hadn't just had to deal with losing Murphy and Zipper, this situation is heart wrenching.

Whatever you choose to do, it will be a thoughtful and caring decision. You are capable of only that for your animals. Trust your heart.

As always, our dear friend, Rachel, has said what I would have said only in a much better way. (((Hugs))) to you Logan. I know Mimi has been your best friend for many years.

jazzcat
07-06-2006, 11:14 AM
Logan I'm so sorry. Having gone through trying to decide with Disney just a year ago I am a bit familiar with this. It's heart-wrenching. You've had to deal with this pain too much.

My thoughts and prayers are with you.

((((HUGS))))

Logan
07-06-2006, 12:52 PM
I'm going to get the baby food this afternoon. Thank you, Debbie, for that reminder. I know that you know exactly what I'm dealing with, as so many of you do. :( She came downstairs, earlier, and let me hold her. I gave her milk, but she ignored it. I gave her canned food, which she ignored, too. I will try tuna later and see if she will eat it. And maybe the baby food will do the trick. Funny how there is no competition with Butter any longer. I guess she doesn't have the energy. She saves it for Mack, who has learned, through constant "No No" from me, to leave her alone most of the time.

I almost wish there were an obvious reason for her decline....a tumor, something......sounds sick for me to even type that out. It is just old age. Her kidney function is fine, her heart rate was off the map, but it was because she was so nervous at the vet. We'll just wait and see what Dr. Robinson says tomorrow and I might call Butter's vet. Dr. Anderson, too, just to get her input, since she specializes in cats. She has never seen Mimi, but she might have a suggestion. I'll do anything to prolong her life as long as she can enjoy living. Otherwise, I know what I must do. :(

Logan

momoffuzzyfaces
07-06-2006, 01:03 PM
Aw, Logan, I'm so sorry!

I would for sure keep Mimi inside now and check with the vet. I'd let her sleep wherever she wants. Maybe being in Helen's closet is comforting to her. At least you don't have to worry about her being attacked by a stange animal there and she can be as comfy as possible.

Prayers on the way for you all. :(

Donnaj4962
07-06-2006, 02:25 PM
I am so sorry to hear that Mimi is declining. I worry about this with my Tabitha, who recently turned 18. I would agree that your heart has to guide you. Tabitha has mostly good days, but sometimes I can tell she is slowing down, especially in the winter and colder days, and on humid days.

Love Mimi all that you can... and let her do what makes her the happiest.

That is the best advice that I can give you.

Lizzie
07-06-2006, 02:30 PM
This is a very frustrating and distressing time for you, and one that many of us have shared. My instinct would be to keep her inside because I would be afraid of her being taken by wildlife when she was too weak to fight - that's Mother Nature at work, but not the way you want to lose her. Along with baby food, I've had good success with honey-roasted turkey breast slices from the deli and cheesecake.

My Ginger cries when I pick her up (she's 20) but her check-ups are excellent also. They found no signs of arthritis, no masses, and, of course, she didn't cry out once while the vet checked her out. It seems to be more grumpiness than anything else so I just hope for the best.

I was going to suggest hyperthyroidism for the weight loss, but then she would have an extreme appetite.

It's good that she has found a place where she likes to be and that you are willing to make it "her place". She must find it very comforting to be in the closet.

While she is obviously miserable right now, I believe she will give you "that look" when she really doesn't want to live in her body any more. It may be something that she just has to fight her way through and we'll all hope that's the case.

jenluckenbach
07-06-2006, 03:50 PM
How sad to hear that Mimi is declining. :(

Just a person note, some "food for thought". When (RB) Bear was coming to the end of his life (at 19+ years) he too lost a lot of weight and went completely blind, but he still thrived. But, when his appetite also left, I knew he was giving up. :( He was saying that life was too hard for him now.

I wish you the best for however much time is left with Mimi.

K & L
07-06-2006, 07:01 PM
Times like these are so hard, but you will know when it's time to let go. I don't know how to explain it, you just do. It's not an easy decision, but you do what's best for their comfort. We've had to make this decision a few times now, and as hard as it was, it was for the best. Savor the time you have with her and good luck to you both.

auggie
07-06-2006, 07:36 PM
Logan, is it possible that Mimi is just stressed out over the new puppy?
How are her Teeth? Does your vet have any idea why she isn’t eating?
Did he recommend any appetite stimulating products?
They might need to do a blood test and check her liver.
I will be keeping your sweet Mimi in my prayers.
I refuse to believe that her time has come.

(((HUGS)))

Bengalz
07-06-2006, 09:32 PM
Logan,

I too am so sorry to hear that Mimi is weakening. Our Roxy declined in much the same way and it was so difficult to face the realities in front of us. Please do your best to keep her inside, safe and as comfortable as possible.

Mimi is such a sweet baby. She trusts you and will let you know in her own time what needs to be done. Meanwhile I know you will give her all the love she deserves.

It is so heartbreaking to be in your situation and be helpless to change anything about it. Our little ones are never with us long enough and it hurts so much to let them go.

Hugs to you and your family. Please give Mimi a gentle snuggle for me.

Take care,
Betty

Cataholic
07-07-2006, 10:53 AM
Logan,
I am not sure how much I can type, as this hits very close to home for me. But, you and Mimi are in my thoughts, and I know in my heart the decision you make will come from your heart, and that is all anyone can really ever do, whether it be for our furry ones, or our skinned ones.

Holding you and Mimi closely in my heart.

Johanna

Logan
07-07-2006, 11:43 AM
Thank you all, again.

Helen will be home tonight, after being gone all week. If anyone can get her to respond, it will be Helen. I'm going to have her spend some one on one time with her and also see if she can get her to eat.

I know everyone handles these situations with seniors differently, so please don't be angry with me for the way I have decided to handle this. No more bloodwork, no more trips to the vet. If he can help me find something to stimulate her appetite, I'll do it. I have a call into him about that now. But I'm not going to put this cat through lots of tests and trips to the office at this stage of her life. I love her too much to do it. Mimi had a good checkup just two weeks ago. He stated then, she is just old and tired. Her poor little heart was about to jump out of her chest. I simply cannot put her through that again.

I have already experienced letting one pet live too long out of selfishness. I had to help Scott when it came time to let Murphy go because he would have done the same thing. With Zipper, things happened faster and escalated within a month. His situation was a bit different than Mimi's, as was Murphy's.

I am going to keep my faithful companion as comfortable as I can for as long as I can, but I will not let her suffer. I promise. I hope you all understand my position on this. If she were younger, I might take a different approach. I hope she will go to sleep one night in her favorite spot, when it is time, and just not wake up. I can't bear the thought of losing her, especially on the heels of such recent losses in our little family. She has always been #1 for me, as you know.

Thanks for listening to me go on and on and thank you for caring and making suggestions. It means a lot.

Logan

Edwina's Secretary
07-07-2006, 11:56 AM
Logan, there is nothing I can say or add except that I am thinking of you and feel so for your situation. It is one we will all face and I know you will set the standard of compassion and love.

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
07-07-2006, 11:59 AM
But I'm not going to put this cat through lots of tests and trips to the office at this stage of her life.
Don't worry, Logan, no one will be mad at you for caring about Mimi more than yourself. I have made this same decision for Peanut and already have a name of a vet that will make a house call when it's time for the final decision. Ever since her surgery, Peanut is so terrified of the vet and I don't want her last hours/minutes on earth to be filled with so much fear. If the vet can tell me over the phone some ways to make her more comfortable then I will do it, but she will not be going back to the vet if I have anything to say about it. Also like you, I'm really hoping that Peanut just goes to sleep one time and doesn't wake up - hopefully when we're home though so she doesn't have to be alone. I'm sure Meg feels the same way about Tucker too. Why put our elegant ladies through something so undignified as fear if we don't have to.

I sure hope Helen can get her to come around a little. Senior pets take it very hard when their owners are absent. I know Mimi hasn't been totally alone since you're there for her, but it could be that she's missing Helen terribly and will feel better once she's home. That's a terrible burden to put on a young girl, but I believe Helen will be up to it. ;)

Still sending good thoughts and prayers your way. {{{hugs}}}

catlover4ever
07-07-2006, 12:18 PM
I'm sure Meg feels the same way about Tucker too. Why put our elegant ladies through something so undignified as fear if we don't have to.

I do feel the same way about Tucker. I have not taken her to the vet in 4 years.....some people will shoot me for that but she is old and gets so stressed out that it's more harmful to her taking her to the vet than it is if I leave her to be in peace. I think our old timers deserve their dignity.

Your heart will make the decision for you....and like I said before....don't second guess yourself. (((HUGS))) Meg and Tucker

AbbyMom
07-07-2006, 12:25 PM
Logan, I'm sure you'll do what's right for Mimi. She trusts you to do so.

FYI: Although Abby is not yet a senior, she has had problems with loss of appetite and weight loss (not a thyroid problem). Desperate, I plugged in the Feliway I used for my fosters. In days, her appetite increased and she's gained a pound in the last month. I do not know why it's working, but it is.

Just a thought as it would not stress Mimi out at all--probably quite the contrary.

Barbara
07-07-2006, 02:20 PM
Logan, sorry for not seeing this earlier. I think with some steroids you could boost her appetite and make her feel better for the moment- but it looks as if she is already on her way out :(
In the assisted living place where my mom is they had a 22 year old kitty who was like that- and she was sitting there and sleeping (in the entrance hall) and purring in a tin can sound- and she became less and less. We had the impression she was happy aöthough she was very thin and frail- and I've seen her for more than one year before there came a crisis and it was obvious she had to go....

Enjoy the time that there is with your beloved Mimi and try to make life as easy as possible for her.

Logan
07-07-2006, 06:53 PM
I spoke with Dr. Robinson late this afternoon, after their office had already closed, and he told me that he wanted me to come on over with Mimi so that they could give her an injection and sub-q (sp?) fluids to see if she would perk up a little bit. I was there for an hour with her while the fluids went in. She weighed 4.4 pounds today. So I ended up doing exactly what I said I wasn't going to do, but no tests, which he agreed would do no good for her at this point in time.

This is not a miracle cure for her. It will hopefully buy us a little more time with her. He told me that I need to prepare myself and that someone is available to me by cell phone if anything changes and I need them before Monday.

Say a prayer for my sweet little girl, please. She is so dear. She sat there in my lap while those fluids went in without even a fight. She's tired. :( And I'm sad.

Logan

lizbud
07-07-2006, 07:10 PM
Logan :( (((HUGS))) It is clear how much you love this little one.
Prayers for Mimi that she can stay comfortable for a long time.

jenluckenbach
07-07-2006, 08:08 PM
{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{hugs}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

Karen
07-07-2006, 08:47 PM
Sending great big hugs to you and la chat petite et beaux, Mimi.

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
07-07-2006, 09:15 PM
Logan, if the fluids help, that is definitely something that you can do at home so you don't have to keep taking her back to the vet.

{{{{hugs}}} and prayers being sent. :(

barncat
07-08-2006, 01:33 AM
I hope all is going as well as it can. It sounds like you are doing exactly what your cat needs/wants you to do. Keeping her comfortable and seeing if she can rally, but letting her go if it is time for her to go.

I have been in that spot so many times. It is never easy, but know you are both in my thoughts and prayers.

Logan
07-08-2006, 06:17 AM
I just went upstairs to wake up Helen, who is going to an all day driving school today, and there was Mimi, cuddled up beside her in the bed. She said that Mimi never moved all night. At least she's where she wants to be even if she still won't eat for us. Helen had her purring last night, too. I know Mimi missed her when she was gone this past week.

Thank you for your prayers. Apparently, the prayers are working becasue she seems content and comfortable and that is all I ask for. She won't be able to go on like this for long, but some more time is precious.

Logan

Pam
07-08-2006, 06:57 AM
Logan the fact that she is comfortable and not appearing to be in pain is a blessing in itself. I know that you love her and will do only what is best for her. (((hugs)))

catnapper
07-08-2006, 06:58 AM
I'm glad ot hear that she is comfortable. Its all anyone could ever ask for (((HUGS))) and more prayers coming your way

Catty1
07-08-2006, 08:42 AM
If she was snuggled up to Helen and purring....how lovely. Maybe Helen will be able to encourage her to eat a bit, even baby food.

Different situation - but when Oscar was ill from antibiotics recently, he wasn't eating...but would lick plain yogurt off my finger! Moms have a special place, I guess.

I hope Mimi stays happy and comfortable...and I know Helen will dote on her. Is there something with Helen's scent that Mimi could cuddle with during the day?

I hope she has some more loving time left. She could not have done better than to have adopted the two of you! wow. What love and care.

hugs hugs hugs
Catty1

ChrisH
07-08-2006, 10:40 AM
{{big hugs}} Logan. Prayers, positive thoughts, and anything else I can muster, going out for your beloved Mimi and you.

Maya & Inka's mommy
07-08-2006, 11:51 AM
Aw Logan, I am so sorry to hear this about your Mimi :( .
I appreciate your decision about "no more tests" VERY much! This is the best for Mimi now. I know she is very thankful for that!!
Please give her a gentle hug from me :)

gini
07-08-2006, 12:22 PM
Oh Logan, this entire thread brings back memories and also brings tears to my eyes. I have been where you are..........and it just makes you heart sick to see them like this and not eating.

You have been given great advice. I loved that she snuggled in with Helen last night and was purring.

Bless you for giving this lovely girl a wonderful home all of these years.

You will be in my thoughts and prayers.

jazzcat
07-08-2006, 12:27 PM
I'm so glad to hear she was purring and curled up with Helen. Maybe between the fluids and having Helen back home she will show some improvement.

More prayers and positive thoughts on the way.

krazyaboutkatz
07-08-2006, 12:57 PM
Logan, I'm so sorry to hear about Mimi.:( You're doing the right thing and all you can do now is to try to make her days more comfortable and give her all the love she deserves. I'll be praying for her. ((((HUGS))))

Barbara
07-08-2006, 03:14 PM
I am sure the fluids will buy her some time. Filou who has kidney failure (at 10 :( ) now gets them weekly for more than a year and it seems to be not too bad for them- not like going through surgery and all these things. Filou forgets that we were taking him to the vet 10 minutes after he went there- so I hope it's the same with Mimi :)

Vermontcat
07-09-2006, 09:46 PM
Logan, I meant to reply to this thread earlier, how is Mimi doing today?
I would keep her inside where you can keep an eye on her and make her as comfortable as possible, it sounds like she is happy to cuddle up with Helen. :)
Samantha gets the royal treatment here, sleeping where she wants, when she wants. She is usually right by my side or under my feet.
I hope Mimi is eating more now that Helen is back. My Samantha has never had a problem with her appetite, she is on diet food and she always cleans her plate.
I would just say enjoy every minute you have with Mimi and give her some loving every chance you get. Sending hugs to you and sweet Mimi. :)

Terminalvelocity
07-10-2006, 04:48 AM
Hoping she's doing much better this morning!

Logan
07-11-2006, 11:15 AM
Mimi and I are going to meet Patsy at the clinic at 4 pm this afternoon. It is time. Scott is going to do his best to get back to go with me.

Thank you for your concern and love. Please pray for a peaceful passing for Mimi and add one for Helen's and my broken hearts, too. A big part of our lives is leaving us today.

Logan :(

catlover4ever
07-11-2006, 11:17 AM
Logan and Helen I'm so sorry. :( Know in your heart that you are doing what is best for Mimi....don't let anyone make you think differently. Tony, Cleo, and Tobias will be there to greet Mimi...please ask her to send my love to my lost babies.

(((HUGS))) Meg

jazzcat
07-11-2006, 11:24 AM
Oh Logan, I'm so sorry.

You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers. Have a safe trip to the Bridge Mimi. :(

Killearn Kitties
07-11-2006, 11:44 AM
Logan, I am so sorry. I can be with you in spirit only, but my thoughts are with you all today. :(

momoffuzzyfaces
07-11-2006, 11:45 AM
My heart is breaking for you and your family.

Lots of prayers on the way for you all and special ones for sweet MIMI!

Have a peaceful trip to the bridge little one. You will be surrounded by tons of beloved PT pals who will show you around. You are much loved and will be missed lots. :(

shais_mom
07-11-2006, 11:46 AM
I'm tearing up reading this -
hugs to you Logan and family
Godspeed Mimi

Maresche
07-11-2006, 12:01 PM
I'm so sorry to read this. Hugs to you and your family.

Godspeed sweet Mimi!

Freckles
07-11-2006, 12:18 PM
Logan, I'm so sorry. I know Mimi will be at peace.

gini
07-11-2006, 12:34 PM
Oh Logan and Helen..............I am so so sorry. My heart just aches for both of you.

Another angel at the Rainbow Bridge to look down and guard you...........

AbbyMom
07-11-2006, 12:36 PM
So sorry to hear this. LES. Godspeed to the bridge, Mimi.

Barbara
07-11-2006, 01:31 PM
Oh Logan! {{{{{{{Hugs}}}}}}}

May Mimi's journey to Rainbow Bridge be peaceful and happy.

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
07-11-2006, 01:48 PM
I'm so sorry, Logan. :( Even though I knew in my heart this was coming, I was dreading the day I saw this post. Know that you are doing what is best for Mimi, even though it's the last thing you want to do for yourself.

Know that we are with you. {{{hugs}}} :(

jenluckenbach
07-11-2006, 02:39 PM
Mimi and I are going to meet Patsy at the clinic at 4 pm this afternoon. It is time. Logan :(
oh no. :( :( :( I am so sorry.

{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}} all around. And many many prayers.

Pam
07-11-2006, 02:46 PM
I am so sorry Logan. :( I know that Murphy and Zipper will be there ready to greet her. You have had so much sadness recently. This is a trip that so many of us have taken and it is just awful. ((((hugs))))

Prairie Purrs
07-11-2006, 03:09 PM
I'm so sorry. They never stay with us long enough. But she'll keep her special place in your heart, and she'll be keeping watch from the Bridge.

emily_the_spoiled
07-11-2006, 03:57 PM
I am so sorry that the time has come for her to journey to the RB :( :( Even though you know you are doing the best thing for her, it can't be easy for you. You are in my thoughts right now...

Edwina's Secretary
07-11-2006, 04:09 PM
Oh Logan....I just looked at the clock...and your note. Godspeed Mimi....you were so loved.

Logan
07-11-2006, 04:37 PM
You all help me so much. I hope you know that. You have been so supportive through so many losses in the last 7 months.

Our beautiful girl left us in peace and grace, just as she lived her life. She was always the Queen Bee around here and I'm not sure who can and should fill her shoes.

Unfortunately, or maybe fortunately, I ended up being there alone with two special ladies who have been present when Murphy, Zipper and now Mimi left us. Scott could not make it back in time. He is working many miles away and I tried to reassure him that I would be ok and I really was. I held my girl and those ladies were right there with me. She was ready to go. Patsy said that based on her breathing and how little medication it took, that we probably would have lost her tonight anyway. I'm glad I spared my daughter that extra pain.

Thank you for being good friends. I needed and will need you all.

Logan

Killearn Kitties
07-11-2006, 05:27 PM
Lots of love coming your way tonight, Logan. I wish I was closer to support you and Helen with such a loss. :( You did the very best that you could for your beautiful Mimi.

Laura's Babies
07-11-2006, 05:30 PM
((((HUGS)))))) I am so sorry for your loss.

sandragonfly
07-11-2006, 05:56 PM
just wanted you to know I read this just now .. I'm sadly sorry. too late for advice.. gee, you're one GREAT meowmie. not anybody could feed, guard and love your mimi like or more than you did. when she came here, on this planet, she picked you.. you can't argue with that! ;) still, I'm so sorry she had to go already. :(

now I am sure up there, mimi is telling stories and stories about one wonderful woman she lived with for seventeen years ... I wish I am up there to hear them!

love and hugs to you logan and we love you mimi!! you both and your furramily be in my thoughts.

psst sweet murphy, zipper & mimi ... when you chant away your stories, don't forget to watch over those 8 little eggs for us too, okay?? ;)

kb2yjx
07-11-2006, 06:17 PM
I, too, am so sorry that I am a johnny come lately in reading this thread!!! Logan, it sure sounds Mimi retained her dignity which is so important to a cat. You were so lucky to have had her with you for so many years, although is it never long enough. Sleep softly, sweet little Mimi....

lizbud
07-11-2006, 06:24 PM
Logan, I am so sorry. :( Mimi is now at peace. No more pain for that sweet
girl. (((HUGS)))

prechrswife
07-11-2006, 08:24 PM
(((((Hugs)))))

krazyaboutkatz
07-11-2006, 09:59 PM
Logan, I'm so sorry for your loss.:( You did the right thing and I'm sure you'll met up with her again some day. RIP sweet Mimi.: (((((HUGS)))))

Rachel
07-12-2006, 07:10 AM
Goodbye sweet Mimi, always the epitome of a Southern lady with great dignity. You were a companion and friend and the best of kitties. You will never be forgotten by your family. We were privileged to have known you.

mruffruff
07-12-2006, 07:47 AM
I'm so sorry.

ChrisH
07-12-2006, 08:07 AM
Logan, I am so sorry. {{hugs}}

Rest in peace beautiful Mimi.

catland
07-12-2006, 11:44 AM
My condolences. I know how hard this time is and how comforting it is to have others grieve with you.

rest in peace sweet Mimi.

Barbara
07-12-2006, 02:48 PM
Logan -my thoughts are with you. It sounds as if Mimi was already on her way- you just made the journey a little bit shorter.
What a wonderful life Mimi had. I am sure she will be one of the happiest kitties are Rainbow Bridge.

orangemm
07-12-2006, 02:57 PM
I, too, am late to this and I am so sorry to hear about Mimi. Please know that you loved her and did everything you could for her. Sometimes the best thing we have to do is the thing that hurts us the most.

She is watching you and playing at the RB.