PDA

View Full Version : To my dear friend, Popcornbird

Logan
07-05-2006, 09:31 PM
I know you are swamped with guests, family, new family, etc, as well as wedding plans. I just wanted to wish you well in your new life. You know that my thoughts and prayers go with you on Sunday as you formally marry and begin your new life. I have no doubt that marriage to this wonderful man and your future are going to be very, very bright.

Love you lots.

Logan

finn's mom
07-05-2006, 10:13 PM
What a sweet thing to do, Logan! I know she's thinking of Pet Talk, even if she is busy! ;) What a wild journey she's started on, I'm so excited for her!

Edwina's Secretary
07-05-2006, 11:14 PM
I, too, have been thinking of sweet Popcornbird this week. First Kimmy, now PCB....starting new and exciting lives.

Blessings on your head, PCB! Be happy and many, many returns of the day!

captain
07-06-2006, 12:26 AM
PCB,
Wishing you every happiness .................. hope everything goes according to plan .....

Love your Aussie Spotties and Michelle :D

shais_mom
07-06-2006, 12:31 AM
well said!
Good luck Mr and Mrs. Pops!

Rachel
07-06-2006, 05:18 AM
Please add me to the list of those who are carrying you in our hearts this week. Ordinarily I would be a little apprehensive about someone so young entering into the lifelong commitment of marriage, but your enthusiasm and joy are overpowering and have convinced me that your choice is the right one for you. And of course who here hasn't recognized the maturity that goes way beyond your years? Your new husband must know just how fortunate he is to have found someone as specially blessed as our Poppy. May he find a way each and every day to show you that he appreciates and adores you.

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
07-06-2006, 09:57 AM
Thanks, Logan. I knew the day was coming closer, but I couldn't remember exactly.

Congratulations, PCB, and best wishes for a grand future! :D

jenluckenbach
07-06-2006, 03:53 PM
OH! The best of the best wishes coming your way! :D :D :D

(and don't forget, you OWE us a photo of your gorgeous wedding dress. ;) )

Maya & Inka's mommy
07-06-2006, 04:03 PM
Best wishes from me too!! I hope you have a wonderful weddingday and of course a wonderful and strong marriage!
1000 hugs to our PCB and her new hubby!! :)

popcornbird
07-07-2006, 11:12 AM
Awww Logan! You are so sweet for thinking of me. Thank you so much to all of my friends here at Pet Talk. I am REALLY swamped, and busy, but having a wonderful time. My parent-in-laws are here now, and my uncle and aunt from England are also here. We're waiting for my uncle, aunt, and cousins driving down from Vancouver today. They should be arriving within a few hours. My uncle and aunt from Chicago will be arriving this afternoon, and my other aunt is coming with the Vancouver folks. My husband's friend is also coming from Massachusetts today. He's going to handle picking him up, etc. So many guests, so many people, so much fun, yet so little time left. I need to go help my mom with everything, but just wanted to let you know how much I appreciate this thread. It brought me some tears along with a huge smile on my face. I can't believe there's only two days left. I'm thrilled, and so excited, but also starting to get a 'little' sad, thinking these are my last 2 days living in my childhood home.

Of course I will come back all the time..maybe everyday since I'm so close, and perhaps sleepover sometimes too, but it will be different. Its fun having family here. Everyone LOVES the tiels, and they are just thrilled with all the attention. My husband and I are looking for a nice hotel to book at the ocean for next weekend, so...busy with that too!

Got to go! Thank you so much for thinking of me!

Samantha Puppy
07-07-2006, 11:24 AM
You are right - things won't ever be the same, but they'll be different in a good way! :)

Good luck and have a beautiful ceremony!

flamepony12
07-07-2006, 02:14 PM
Good Luck, and have a wonderful time :D

ChrisH
07-08-2006, 09:16 AM
Aww, our little Pops will soon ratify being Mrs Pops. Congratulations and Good Luck to you both, may your days ever be filled with love.

Killearn Kitties
07-08-2006, 11:02 AM
Very best wishes to you both. I hope the ceremony and the celebrations go well. It all sounds very exciting.

Karen
07-08-2006, 01:39 PM
Best wishes to all of you, and the whole extended clan, for your new life together!

gini
07-08-2006, 07:21 PM
I extend to you Poppy good wishes too - for a long, happy, healthy, prosperous marriage.

I cannot believe that so many of our "younger" members are growing up.

What a glorious day this will be for you - thank you for letting us share in part of it - we have loved every minute of it.

slick
07-09-2006, 01:39 PM
I'm just picturing you now....all dressed up and looking radiant. Pops, I truly wish you and your husband all the love in the world and may you enjoy a happy and healthy life together. :)

Logan
07-09-2006, 05:41 PM
A Happy Wedding Day to you, my friend!!!!! :) I hope that your day has been terrific and life will continue that way. :)

Love,
Logan

popcornbird
07-18-2006, 06:59 PM
Hello Pet Talk friends,

Logging on to PT after marriage seems so weird, and different, and I can't understand why. Perhaps because I am in a different state of mind now, and maybe because I just haven't checked in for so long!!

It has been over a week since our big day now, and so far, married life is going great. The reception was wonderful. Having relatives over was great. My uncle from England is still here, and will be leaving tomorrow morning. We've been so busy with relatives, but I must say that it is SUCH a blessing from God that even after marriage, I am able to be so close to my family. Besides last weekend (while we were away on our honeymoon), I haven't gone a day without seeing my parents. It is GREAT being so close. I have always been very close to my family, so moving away would have been difficult.

It was so much fun being dressed up as a bride, having my hair done, and having a such a special day in life. We went on our honeymoon last Friday, and spent 3 wonderful days as a beach resort, with gorgeous ocean and mountain views. We spent hours together, walking at the beach, hiking up the mountains, and boating. It was the most wonderful and special 3 days of my life so far, and days that will always remain in my fondest of memories. When we would return to the hotel for the night, we'd open the windows and hear the ocean waves outside, AND, we'd switch on the TV and watch animal planet for awhile. LOL!!! Kind of funny, but we had fun doing that!

Now that we're back, life is slowly starting to calm down. We've been very tired after our trip, so all we've been doing is heading to bed early, and sleeping! I'm at my parents' house right now. The tiels are still here, but I've been coming everyday to feed them, play with them, clean after them, etc. My mom's been caring for them too. My husband's parents are here and will be leaving soon. After they leave, the tiels will be moving with us permanently, though they will always pay my family a visit along with me, whenever I go home. That actually means they'll be coming home ALMOST everyday. LOL!

I'm really enjoying married life, love my husband tremendously, and look forward to sharing my life with him. Just wanted to update you all quickly. We're both very happy, by the Grace of God, and our families are happy too. I love being married, though I feel so much more responsible and 'grown up' now. :o We still tend to act like kids together though. ;) I will try to check in whenever I can.

Karen
07-18-2006, 07:01 PM
Oh, thank you for checking in! Glad everything is going well, and the proverbial dust is starting to settle! :) Do we get to see any pictures?

gini
07-18-2006, 07:22 PM
What a lovely, lovely post.

Thanks so much for sharing with us - you sound so happy - and that cannot help but bring joy to all of us.

Daisy and Delilah
07-18-2006, 07:50 PM
Best wishes for a long and happy life together!! CONGRATULATIONS!!! :)

Ginger's Mom
07-18-2006, 09:13 PM
It really is good to hear from you, Poppy. I am glad to hear that everything is going so well. It sounds like you found a lovely place to have your honeymoon and spend such a special time together. Don't forget to keep us updated when you can.

ramanth
07-19-2006, 08:17 AM
Good luck and I wish you both well! I hope you are as happy as I am. :D

My Peanuts
07-19-2006, 12:00 PM
So good to hear from you. I'm so happy to hear that you are happy and things went well. :)

Barbara
07-19-2006, 02:39 PM
I am sorry that somehow I missed the day of your wedding and I wish you and your husband all the best for your new life (and the tiels too ;)) but it looks as if you are very happy anyway :D