PDA

View Full Version : Friend needs help

cali
07-05-2006, 09:12 PM
ok, one of my closest friends is dating a guy that hads an anger issue, he got really made at his step mom, and he walked up and broke her arm, he has been in trouble with the law before, once for driving drunk without a licence and friends drinking in the backseat, and again for telling a cop to F off. she says he is really sweet most of the time, but she is worried that he could get so angry as to break someones arm. she wants to break up with him, but does not know how to do it. can anyone help please?

Laura's Babies
07-05-2006, 09:21 PM
She is smart to realize she needs to get away from him ASAP! Can she just not answer the calls as often and tell him she was "busy"...Pass on a date saying she has something to do? Just not be so easy to reach..

cali
07-05-2006, 09:52 PM
after talking to some other friends she is going to call him tonight and break up with him, my friend wanted her to break up with him in person lol my response was "are you nuts? the guys dangerous when he is angry" finally she conceded that doing it in person is probably not the best idea.

Karen
07-05-2006, 10:36 PM
Yes, not doing in person, but over the phone is probably best, and try to keep him on the line until he is calmer. There is help available, anger management classes that didn't exist years ago, and maybe someday, if they keep in touch at all, she can recommend that.