PDA

View Full Version : Slick is ill. Please send love & prayers.

ChrisH
07-05-2006, 02:34 PM
Our dear slick has pneumonia. :( Please join me in positive thoughts and prayers for our dear PT'er.

Barbara
07-05-2006, 02:35 PM
Oh Slick! So you didn't go to see the doc with your cold and now it's pneumonia!!! Take care girl! Hope you'll be better soon!

Anita Cholaine
07-05-2006, 02:38 PM
Prayers on the way :( Slick, you will be in my thoughts!

RICHARD
07-05-2006, 02:38 PM
Sounds just like her,,pushing too hard.

Hey, you get better. :)

Cataholic
07-05-2006, 02:42 PM
It does sound like her, caring so much for others that she skimped on herself!

Get Better, Slick!

Toby's my baby
07-05-2006, 02:43 PM
Prayers on the way!! :( Hope you feel better soon!

anna_66
07-05-2006, 02:50 PM
Many, many thoughts and prayers coming your way Slick. Get better real soon.

Randi
07-05-2006, 02:58 PM
Oh no, Slick! :( You have indeed been working too hard lately. Now, take good care of yourself and relax all you can - they will survive at your work! ;) Don't go back until you're perfectly well - in fact, take a few days off extra! :)

Sending lots of good wishes for a speedy recovery, wish I could be there to spoil you!

((((hugs))) .... and headbumpies,

from Randi & Fister

jenluckenbach
07-05-2006, 03:06 PM
OH NO!! SLICK {{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}}

You ought to hurry up and get well!! Prayers on the way.

Ginger's Mom
07-05-2006, 03:17 PM
Sorry to hear this. Get well soon, Slick. Good wishes being sent out.

Kirsten
07-05-2006, 03:26 PM
Oh no, I'm sorry to hear this! I'm sending get well thoughts across the ocean...

Kirsten

mruffruff
07-05-2006, 03:27 PM
So sorry to hear you're sick. Do what the docs tell you and bounce back soon.

Lots of hugs coming your way.

Mary

finn's mom
07-05-2006, 03:37 PM
Oh, that's terrible news. :( I am thinking of her, and, hoping for a complete recovery!

davidpizzica
07-05-2006, 03:39 PM
Oh, Slick! Hurry up and get better! Pittsburgh thoughts and prayers go out to you, Slick. Also, Nikki, Daisy, and Marigold all send hearbumps ypor way. {{{{HUGS}}}}

Queen of Poop
07-05-2006, 03:41 PM
Prayers that you are well soon.

Cinder & Smoke
Hi God ~

Need sum Help down here onna Ole Durt Ball ...
an it's fur onna YOUR Problem Children - dat Miz Slick! http://petoftheday.com/i/our_smilies/tongue.gif

Ohhhh ... so You know ALL About her, do Ya?

Yeah ... she doesn't alluz *lissin* so gud. http://petoftheday.com/i/our_smilies/rolleyes.gif

Well, she'll prolly be *crankie* http://petoftheday.com/i/our_smilies/frown.gif iffin we don't get her feelin better - soon ...
So let's see iffin we can't Fix Her Up purdy quick-like, OK God?

We'z gonna Lite da Kandilz an we'll say sum Purrayers at Big Bed Tyme.

THANKS, God.

/s/ the Purrayer Kat anna Prayer Pups

Logan
Oh dear. :( Slick, I hope you get well soon, my friend. I am going to keep you in my prayers.

Logan

christa
07-05-2006, 03:43 PM
As I was just in the hospital with it myself - I sympathize! :( Rest up! Takes awhile to recover!!!

Edwina's Secretary
07-05-2006, 03:46 PM
I recommend a hot rum and lemon.....clear that chest right up!

Thinking of you Slick!

moosmom
07-05-2006, 04:32 PM
Oh no!! :(

Please get well soon, Slick! TONS of thoughts and prayers coming from Connecticut!

momoffuzzyfaces
07-05-2006, 04:33 PM
:( Aw, slick!!! You know tons of prayers are on the way from me, pal. Please, feel better real soon!!!

Psst, Max, you have a very inportant job; helping our slick feel better!!!
Extra cuddles are in order, ok?

lizbud
07-05-2006, 04:33 PM
Hope you're feeling better soon. I'd take muffruff's advice and do everything
the Dr. says to do. :) Take good care of yourself. :)

kuhio98
07-05-2006, 04:46 PM
Awwww, I hope you feel better very soon.

Lady's Human
07-05-2006, 04:50 PM
ES, I was about to suggest an alcoholic cure, you beat me to it :D

Slick, get well soon or we'll round up all the furkids from the bar to help you feel better!

Karen
07-05-2006, 04:53 PM
Get well soon, Slick - I know what not being able to breathe feels like, and it's just plain exhausting!

joycenalex
07-05-2006, 05:13 PM
oh wow. slick! rest, do as the doctor says, take all the pills, and rest somemore. this can take as long as month before before you're back to 100%. so rest.

Rachel
07-05-2006, 05:14 PM
Does anyone know if she has been hospitalized?

Get well soon, Slick.

trayi52
07-05-2006, 05:16 PM
Prayers that you get well soon, Slick. Hate to hear you are feeling so poorly. Please get well soon!

Love,
Willie

lbaker
07-05-2006, 05:42 PM
I just now read this??!! Hey Sis, would you like me to fly out and feed you with a spoon and smooth your worried brow? How dare you not let me - or ANY of us - know you were getting worse. You are NOT MotherEarth although you do a danged well job of it. Allow those that care, to care as much as you do. Would you not be furious if Gini or any of us were ill and didn't say so? *oh, I did that didn't I... I know better now* :o I dearly love you my friend ~ and worry :(

jazzcat
07-05-2006, 05:49 PM
You are in my thoughts and prayers Slick. Get well soon.

carole
07-05-2006, 05:51 PM
Dear Slick i sure hope you get better soon, I have been there once myself and it is not pleasant and can take a long time to completely recover,(It took me 7 wks to get well and even then i was not 100 per cent) you must rest up and do all the right things to get better,be completely selfish and think of yourself only and get well, HUGS to you and here's hoping you make a quick recovery.

P.S Slick if you do everything right you can avoid hospitalisation, they wanted to put me in, but i would not have it, I did all the right things, but i did have support and people to look after me,so rest assured it can be avoided,but then again if you really need to go, is the best place probably.

gini
07-05-2006, 06:51 PM
Well my dear friend, this is a heck of a way to take all of those bajillion vacation days that you have coming to you.

I did talk to you over the weekend and I was hoping that you would be better by now - instead this is the news :( :(

By now I hope that you have contacted the Dr. again and have started on a series of anti-biotics.

Otherwise - you are gonna find yourself with some "company" to make sure you take care of yourself.

Love you lots and hope the next news about you is far better than this.

petslover
07-05-2006, 07:37 PM
aww! Slick I hope you get feeling better. I will put you in my thoughts and prayers...

I know we have never really chatted before, but all PT'ers are like family and when one is down we are here to support!

Alysser
07-05-2006, 07:38 PM
(((HUGS)))
Get better, Slick.

captain
07-05-2006, 07:57 PM
Slick,
Get well soon.

The Bar is not the same without you ..... :)

wolfsoul
07-05-2006, 08:28 PM
Oh no, poor you. :( I hope you feel better soon, and it's not too serious. ((Hugs)) I've had pnuemonia once, it sure wasn't fun. Eat well and sleep lots, girl.

Catty1
07-05-2006, 08:49 PM
Slick - I hope you are reading these notes, and I hope you are well soon!

I am in Vancouver next week on a convention - may have some free time after Wednesday at 5, maybe a coffee Thurs aft?

PM and I'll give you contact info where I am staying, k?

hugs
Catty1

Bengalz
07-05-2006, 09:14 PM
Slick,

So sorry to hear you're dealing with such nastiness and in the summer - this is not a good thing. I hope you heed the good advice offered by so many who care and look after yourself.

Poor little Max will be beside himself with worry. No kitty likes to see his meowmie feeling sick. So take your meds like a good girl and rest up.

Hugs and feel good wishes coming your way.

Betty

Daisy and Delilah
07-05-2006, 09:25 PM
Get Well Soon Slick !!

Sorry to hear you're under the weather. We hope and pray for a swift recovery :)

Logan
07-05-2006, 09:29 PM
Goodnight, sweet Vickie. I hope that you are resting well. Please take care of yourself.

Logan

slick
07-05-2006, 09:47 PM
My goodness, what is all this nonsense for??? Chris......why did you start this? Sheesh, there are more important things to worry about. :p ;) I have to make this short as I can't stay up for very long. Thank you all for your kind words. I'll write more later.

I'll PM you Catty. :)

Logan
07-05-2006, 10:08 PM
It is not nonsense, dear friend. We are sincerely worried about you!!!!! Please get off the computer, back to bed and get well!!!!!!!!

Logan

momoffuzzyfaces
07-05-2006, 10:13 PM
It is not nonsense, dear friend. We are sincerely worried about you!!!!! Please get off the computer, back to bed and get well!!!!!!!!

Logan
Yea! WHAT LOGAN SAID!!! ;)

luvofallhorses
07-05-2006, 10:15 PM
I hope you feel better soon!
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b133/hotdiggitydawg/hugging.gif

pnance
07-05-2006, 11:55 PM
Slick you take care of yourself and don't push yourself to hard to fast. Lots of rest, liquids and "drugs" works wonders..

Sevaede
07-06-2006, 12:15 AM
That is certainly no good! *HUGS* Good thoughts going your way slick!

shais_mom
07-06-2006, 12:16 AM
oh dear Slick!
Gini told me you were feeling under the weather but I didn't know it was this serious!
Get Well Soon!

krazyaboutkatz
07-06-2006, 12:17 AM
I'm just now seeing this thread. :o Slick, Please do as the doctor tells you and get well soon. I had walking pneumonia as a kid and had to stay home for about a month and try to stay quiet. Take care. ((((HUGS))))

Killearn Kitties
07-06-2006, 03:36 AM
Slick! I hope you are sleeping peacefully just now with perhaps a little Max to cuddle. :) You take care of yourself now!

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
07-06-2006, 09:56 AM
Sheesh, there are more important things to worry about. :p ;)

First of all....NO, there is nothing more important than worrying about a good friend when she isn't feeling well. I'm SO glad Chris told us all or we'd never know!

Second of all, this sounds just like a certain phireman I know..... :rolleyes: Now I have to go find that thread to quote back to you what you told him about allowing people to care for you when you need it. You do so much for so many that it's time to sit back and reap the rewards! ;)

Please, please, please do everything the doc says so you're all better REAL soon!

Pawsitive Thinking
07-06-2006, 10:07 AM
Do as the doctor and PT tell you!! Hope you are feeling better very soon

gini
07-06-2006, 10:08 AM
Slick is one of those dear friends that has the "giving" part of life down to a science - but struggles with the "receiving".

You are right Deb, it does remind me of our resident phireman!

Slick, I hope the Sandman grabbed you and has you snuggled in with Max sleeping this away!

lots of xx's and oo's....................

cloverfdx
07-06-2006, 10:30 AM
Ohhh no feel better soon Slick {{HUGS}}. Good healing vibes on the way for you.

4 Dog Mother
07-06-2006, 11:36 AM
Prayers for quick healing coming your way, Slick!

catnapper
07-06-2006, 12:13 PM
How'd I miss this thread? Many, MANY, prayers coming for a speedy recovery.

smokey the elder
07-06-2006, 01:17 PM
Get better soon! Pneumonia sounds like the pits.

Donnaj4962
07-06-2006, 02:14 PM
Sorry that I missed this thread!

GET WELL SOON SLICK!

You need to get lots of rest and pampering!

momoffuzzyfaces
07-06-2006, 06:15 PM
Slick I hope your medicine has kicked in and you are resting and letting Max cuddle you until you feel lots better!!!

Prayers still flying and cat paws still crossed you feel better real soon!!!

lbaker
07-06-2006, 06:30 PM
I've had both Double Pneumonia (both lungs) and Walking Pneumonia... both take more than a few days of meds to even start activating. If you start getting antsy Slick, pick up the phone and call one of us or play music... DON'T try to clean or do laundry :rolleyes: *silly frustrating woman* ;)

Bengalz
07-06-2006, 09:49 PM
Slick is one of those dear friends that has the "giving" part of life down to a science - but struggles with the "receiving".

You are right Deb, it does remind me of our resident phireman!

Slick, I hope the Sandman grabbed you and has you snuggled in with Max sleeping this away!

lots of xx's and oo's....................

A lot of truth in these wise words ... Slick, I hope you're paying attention!!

Take all the time you need to "get well" - those mountains at work are going no where, my friend! Ease up and take care of yourself FIRST!!

Hugs,
Betty

K9karen
07-07-2006, 12:18 AM
Like it or not..we're still here worrying and caring about you..SO THERE! :p
Hope you're feeling better, Vickie. Sending you lots of hugs for a speedy recovery!

gini
07-07-2006, 10:20 AM
Hi everyone, I talked to Slick last night.

She will be upset that I am even posting this much - but I know everyone is worried about her.

She has been given some pretty strict instructions by the doctor.

So I think that Max has his work cut out for him - to snuggle hard so that Slick stays in bed and gets better.

She does have a good friend who is bringing her food and checking on her.

I know that she will appreciate all of your prayers and love!!

Killearn Kitties
07-07-2006, 10:24 AM
Thank you so much for the update, Gini. It is one of the downsides of our community here; you come to know and care so much for people, then something like this happens and you are unable to do anything of a practical nature to help.

We're all relying on you Max! ;)

Randi
07-07-2006, 10:31 AM
Gini, thank you for the update. I think Slick has worn herself out with all that work - now, she's forced to relax. ;) :(

Slick, I'm thinking of you and sending lots of hugs. Get better, and do what the doctor says!

.... and yes, we're relying on you Max to give Slick all the cuddling she needs! ;)

lbaker
07-07-2006, 10:39 AM
Thank you Gini, I'm meeting with Johanna (Cataholic) this weekend and we will try to bottle up some Eastern Shore sunshine to send her. Sun and salt air do wonders for all that ails you :cool: When I had pneumonia I learned the hard way you simply CAN NOT be walking around trying to DO things, even simple things. It's imperative to be still and quiet. YES SLICK, STILL AND QUIET :( I'm so sorry my friend :(

Russian Blue
07-07-2006, 11:00 AM
Just seeing this now. Slick, listen to the doctor, stay in bed and take your meds.

Get well soon!

slick
07-07-2006, 11:29 AM
Good morning everyone. Just to give you an idea....out of a 24 hour period, I'm only "vertical" for about 6. The rest of the time I am in bed and believe me, sleeping is the only thing I want to do right now. I really don't have much interest in anything else including Pet Talk.....sorry, please don't be insulted. I never thought I could ever be this sick. My temp this morning is still up at 101.5. Just can't seem to get that down.

My biggest hurdle is trying to keep a "proper amount" of food down so I can take my meds. Yesterday I was feeling so weak and almost to the point of passing out, then I realized that it has been at least 5 days since I had any protein at all. So last night for supper I had a 1/2 piece of toast with about 2 tblsp of scrambled egg (nuked) on top. Great. Felt good....for about 3 hours. Then my stomach woke up and total rejected it. My good friend and neighbour, Betty, has given me a can of pork and beans and I'll try a small scoop of that today along with some thinly sliced cucumber. So far the only foods my stomach likes is bananas, watermelon and unsweetened applesauce. Can't live on that forever. Talk about a quick weight loss program.....I'm sure I'm down at least 6 or 7 pounds.

You know, Max is totally "respecting" me in that he knows I'm sick and knows I can't give him the attention he deserves. He sleeps on the dining room chair during the day. Now that the weather has cooled off, he's taken to once again sleeping on the pillow next to me at night.

One other thing before I head back to bed. Ever heard of "projectile leakage?" Ah, yes. That comes from coughing, throwing up and leaking from the other two ends all the same time. :eek: :eek: (Oh come on now, you have no problems talking about your own pet's projectile vomit...)

I thank each and every one of you for your love and prayers. It means more than you'll ever know. :)

Cataholic
07-07-2006, 11:36 AM
Ever heard of "projectile leakage?" Ah, yes. That comes from coughing, throwing up and leaking from the other two ends all the same time. :eek: :eek: (Oh come on now, you have no problems talking about your own pet's projectile vomit...)

Slick, good to hear from you, even momentarily. However, if laughter is the best medicine, might I say this: if you consider the can of pork and beans and the above quoted portion of your earlier post, I would make sure Max stays up closer to the pillow portion of your bed.

:eek: :D

Barbara
07-07-2006, 11:39 AM
That sounds really bad. 101.5 F (after having converted it ;)) is not life threatening but the way your stomach is affected too worries me. You'll have to try to eat bananas, cooked rice, etc. I don't think pork and beans is it- rather chicken soup.

And if you feel like sleeping- just sleep. :)

Killearn Kitties
07-07-2006, 11:45 AM
Talk about a quick weight loss program.....I'm sure I'm down at least 6 or 7 pounds.
Hey! It's an ill wind ...

Cataholic
07-07-2006, 11:57 AM
Hey! It's an ill wind ...

Ill wind, stinky wind...must be something lost in the translation.

Sorry, Slick, I do NOT mean to laugh at your expense. I am properly chastising myself as I type.

Edwina's Secretary
07-07-2006, 11:58 AM
Slick, when I was ill recently with a similar fever that was stubborn, they put ice bags under my arms. Sounds wierd (and it was)....but it worked in reducing the fever!

lbaker
07-07-2006, 12:07 PM
I believe the B-R-A-T diet is what's called for B-ananas R-ice A-pples(ause) T-oast. Just think, a perfect excuse to be a "BRAT" :p ;)

momoffuzzyfaces
07-07-2006, 12:40 PM
Don't forget the chicken soup!!!! ;)

Take care, sweetie! Prayers still flying from me and all cat paws crossed until you are 100% better.

Killearn Kitties
07-07-2006, 01:53 PM
Ill wind, stinky wind...must be something lost in the translation.
You are wind obsessed woman! :D I am thinking back to your comment on my chicken Cup-a-Soup!

You know the expression? "It's an ill wind that blows nobody any good".

catland
07-07-2006, 02:23 PM
So sorry you're having such a rough time. You must feel like the Dustin Hoffman character in "The Graduate" - receiving unsolicited advice from every corner.

So in my corner, ;) - fluids - lots of fluids so that you don't become dehydrated.

And here's one that may or may not work - miso soup. They can be found in the grocery store and its a packet you mix with hot water.

Sleep alot and take care Vickie - we're all thinking about you.

joycenalex
07-09-2006, 09:04 AM
so how are you feeling today?

trayi52
07-09-2006, 09:28 AM
Just checking in to see if you are feeling better today. Hope so.

Willie :)

Randi
07-09-2006, 09:31 AM
Slick, I'm hoping and waiting to hear you're feeling better. Hopefully you can keep the food down... do remember to drink a lot! ;)

How about some porridge? Yes, I know some people hate it, but you can actually make it taste quite nice. :)

1 cup of fine grated oatmeal
1 cup milk
1 cup of water
a tsp of salt

When it's cooked, put a spoonful of butter in the middle and sprinkle with sugar (don't overdo it! :D ) Some also like to pour milk on.

A cup of (camomille) tea goes well with it.

I so hope you'll feel better soon. Take care, my friend!! :)

(((((hugs)))))

momoffuzzyfaces
07-09-2006, 12:21 PM
Slick, I'm hoping and waiting to hear you're feeling better. Hopefully you can keep the food down... do remember to drink a lot! ;)

How about some porridge? Yes, I know some people hate it, but you can actually make it taste quite nice. :)

1 cup of fine grated oatmeal
1 cup milk
1 cup of water
a tsp of salt

When it's cooked, put a spoonful of butter in the middle and sprinkle with sugar (don't overdo it! :D ) Some also like to pour milk on.

A cup of (camomille) tea goes well with it.

I so hope you'll feel better soon. Take care, my friend!! :)

(((((hugs)))))

I like my porridge with brown sugar !!! YUMMY!!!

Slick, my pal, I hope you are feeling better by now.
Lots of (((HUGS))) from me!!!

slick
07-09-2006, 01:40 PM
Good morning everyone. I want to first thank each and every one of you for your kind words and expression of care and concern. Truly, this is the sickest I've ever been and I am listening to the doc and taking everyone's advice. Last night and this morning I've got the feeling that I'm on the upswing and meds have finally kicked in.

I've been basically living off watermelon, apple sauce, white toast and bananas all week so last night I was hungry for something hot. I made sweet potato fries. Yummmmmmyyyyy!!! This morning I was hungry again so I had a scrambled egg on a piece of toast. Randi, I'm going to try that oatmeal later on today.

I really am getting better finally and I know not to push it, although it's hard when you are sitting on the couch and all you see is cat fluff everywhere. I have such an urge to vacuum.....but will leave that big scary thing in it's hidey hole for now. Oh yes, and I've lost 15 lbs. over this.

Please accept my apology for not keeping up with the other threads. I believe that PCB is getting married today?? What a blessed event that will be. That, and all the PT babies......is what we should be focussing on. :)

Killearn Kitties
07-09-2006, 05:38 PM
Please accept my apology for not keeping up with the other threads. I believe that PCB is getting married today?? What a blessed event that will be. That, and all the PT babies......is what we should be focussing on. :)
So, do you think that we have some kind of limit that we can focus on??? Do you not think we are capable of focussing on all these happy events, AND YOU TOO??? DO NOT UNDERESTIMATE US!

I am so pleased that you are eating and hopefully taking good care of yourself. Pneumonia is no joke! Lots of love and hugs to you. Take care!

Jods
07-09-2006, 06:42 PM
I hope you get well soon!!! Sorry for just posting now but I have been following!

carole
07-09-2006, 10:31 PM
See Slick there is a silver lining to every black cloud, the weight loss I mean, happened to me as well, the only good part about being that sick, so glad to hear you feel much better, LEAVE THE HOUSEWORK alone,believe me you don't want to be over doing it just yet, you will take one step forward and three back if you do, please just rest, it is what your'e body is telling you to do and what you need to recover, remember i have been there , done that, but hey it is really great to hear you sounding so positive. Take care.