PDA

View Full Version : Update on vet clinic job.

Sevaede
07-05-2006, 02:21 PM
I didn't get it.

The lady said he already picked somebody to fill the position but he'll call people back as things change.

Oh well.

Sorry, I am not much for opitimism. I have been searching for a job for a really long while and it's just frustrating the crap out of me. I know almost everyone else has been there before. What to do?

kuhio98
07-05-2006, 04:50 PM
Rats! Okay, how about this? Could you offer to volunteer at the vets office (or another vet) for a week or so to get your foot in the door? Tell them that you'll volunteer your time for a week or so and ask them to evaluate your performance and consider you for a paying job?

I did something like that in 1990. I volunteered for 2 weeks (I think) and it led to a great job and I learned so much.

moosmom
07-05-2006, 07:34 PM
Wenisrubber,

Sorry, I am not much for opitimism. I have been searching for a job for a really long while and it's just frustrating the crap out of me. I know almost everyone else has been there before. What to do?

I feel your pain, trust me! I've been online everyday applying for any job I am remotely qualified for. It's gotten so difficult, that I've even resorted to applying for Legal Secretary work. I SWORE I would never, ever work for lawyers again. But I don't think I have much of an option at this point. If I don't apply for those kinds of jobs, I'm limiting myself.

Good luck! I hope you find something real soon. ;)

Catty1
07-05-2006, 08:04 PM
I've heard of some vets trading "volunteer hours" for "pet care dollars". I mentioned this to a friend, who mentioned it to HER vet - and he liked it!

"I've never THOUGHT of that!" he said.

It turned out she didn't have to - but if this would work for you, at least kitty bills would be covered for a while, which is big!

hugs
Catty1

luvofallhorses
07-05-2006, 10:28 PM
I'm sorry you didn't get the job. :( You could ask around and see if you could volunteer at one of the vet clinics in your area. :)

Roxyluvsme13
07-05-2006, 11:12 PM
Aww, I'm sorry you didn't get the job. I know how you feel though and how frustrating it is. ((HUGS))

Sevaede
07-06-2006, 12:04 AM
Rats! Okay, how about this? Could you offer to volunteer at the vets office (or another vet) for a week or so to get your foot in the door? Tell them that you'll volunteer your time for a week or so and ask them to evaluate your performance and consider you for a paying job?

I did something like that in 1990. I volunteered for 2 weeks (I think) and it led to a great job and I learned so much.

Wow! I never even thought to ask that. Hehe, and if I was going to one place, every week, and was consistent, then I'd be going 56 weeks/13 months! :D Woo! In any case, even if I didn't get paid... That would be a heck of a lot of experience and it would give me something to do! :D

I am hoping to go volunteering tomorrow.

Thank you for the wonderful suggestion! :D

Sevaede
07-06-2006, 12:10 AM
Wenisrubber,

I feel your pain, trust me! I've been online everyday applying for any job I am remotely qualified for. It's gotten so difficult, that I've even resorted to applying for Legal Secretary work. I SWORE I would never, ever work for lawyers again. But I don't think I have much of an option at this point. If I don't apply for those kinds of jobs, I'm limiting myself.

Good luck! I hope you find something real soon. ;)

We must be mentally in tune with each other! I said the same thing about working fast food again. Never, ever. But I did. Worst job, ever. Plus, I am short (4 feet 9 inches) so it's hard for me to seriously look somebody in the eyes.

Thank you! Good luck to you, as well! Maybe we'll be mentally in tune enough that we'll both find fantastic jobs (and by that, I mean, of course, working with cats and dogs and ferrets and everything!)! :D

Sevaede
07-06-2006, 12:11 AM
I've heard of some vets trading "volunteer hours" for "pet care dollars". I mentioned this to a friend, who mentioned it to HER vet - and he liked it!

"I've never THOUGHT of that!" he said.

It turned out she didn't have to - but if this would work for you, at least kitty bills would be covered for a while, which is big!

hugs
Catty1

Wow, that is unique! I've never heard of that! I will definitely try and talk to some vets and see what they think about doing that. That would be awesome. It would really help with getting our foster taken care of (as we have hit a financial pit right now). :D

*HUGS*

Sevaede
07-06-2006, 12:12 AM
I'm sorry you didn't get the job. :( You could ask around and see if you could volunteer at one of the vet clinics in your area. :)

Heh, hopefully that next door will open soon! :) I am hoping to go volunteering tomorrow! :D

Sevaede
07-06-2006, 12:13 AM
Aww, I'm sorry you didn't get the job. I know how you feel though and how frustrating it is. ((HUGS))

Thank you. :) *hugs*

Catty1
07-06-2006, 08:14 AM
Hey - you, a caring pet person, volunteer and you'll show them what you have been missing!

AND if the vet knows how well you are doing - they may recommend you for a position that opens there or elsewhere! Like you say, a foot in the door

hugs
Catty1