PDA

View Full Version : Awful news...

dab_20
07-04-2006, 05:07 PM
I'm moving to SLC, Utah. :( :( I'm soooo angry and I cried for such a long time today when my mom told me. I won't be able to see my dad barely ever, I'm so sad. We have to leave Sammy with my dad, because we will be moving in with my aunt. Her dog is blind and deaf and Sam is too hyper for him. I feel awful and guilty and sad all at the same time. Molli and Sam will miss each other so much and I'm afraid Sam will think we abandoned him. He will be able to come live with us once we get our own house. That may take months. :( :( :( I don't know what to think right now. Just thought I'd tell you all. I might not be able to come on for a half a year. We are leaving in 4 weeks. :( :( :(

Dorothy39
07-04-2006, 05:12 PM
Gosh, I'm sorry you have to make such a transition that will not include your Dad or Sammy.

I hope that your mother will find a suitable home in short time. Why won't you be able to visit Pet Talk once you arrive at your Aunt's home? :(

Hugs to you!!!!

dab_20
07-04-2006, 05:14 PM
Because they don't have a computer and we won't be setting ours up until we have our own home. :(

Thanks.

K9soul
07-04-2006, 05:18 PM
I am so very sorry. I know how it feels to have your life turned upside down within moments by a few words. It will be hard, but you will get through it and find things that you really enjoy again. These kinds of things are never easy. You will feel pain and that's natural, don't feel bad about that. All your friends at PT will be waiting when you're able to get back on.

{{hugs}} to you.

Dorothy39
07-04-2006, 05:20 PM
Oh, I see.

Maybe that isn't something that has been " cast in stone" :(

Perhaps a few weeks after you get there, your Mother might agree to opening an account with another provider. Your Mother is also under some heavy stress as well. Sorry to learn of your dilema.

Do you know any one in Salt Lake city , Utah?, besides your Aunt?

Prairie Purrs
07-04-2006, 05:24 PM
Maybe there's a public library near your aunt's house where you can use the computers? Gary (catmandu) used to rely on library computers to visit PT. It won't make up for missing your dad and Sammy, but maybe you'll be able to keep in touch with PTers.

luvofallhorses
07-04-2006, 05:46 PM
(((dab_20)))

Daisy and Delilah
07-04-2006, 05:47 PM
(((((hugs Sweetie))))) :(

Alysser
07-04-2006, 05:48 PM
Oh, Danielle. I will miss you around PT so much. I have never moved and don't know what you are going through. At least, you'll be able to get Sam once you get your own house, and you will still have Molly. ((HUGS)) PM me if you EVER need to talk. Good luck. I can't wait to see you back on PT!

Dorothy39
07-04-2006, 06:09 PM
Oh, Danielle. I will miss you around PT so much. I have never moved and don't know what you are going through. At least, you'll be able to get Sam once you get your own house, and you will still have Molly. ((HUGS)) PM me if you EVER need to talk. Good luck. I can't wait to see you back on PT!

Just have to tell you that I LOVE those pictures of Sassy!!! Especially the one where she is wearing that scarf!!!! Thank-you !!!!! She is so sweet to look at.

As to moving, I had to move from my "little" home town, a long, long, long time ago. I was devastated!!! My parents moved out into the country, miles away. No more phone calls , as, long distance was quite clostly then.

I feel dab20's agony . I sure do wish her all the best. After reading the posts, I can see that she has some real close friends on Pet Talk. You people are very supportive . Your posts are nice!!!!

Alysser
07-04-2006, 06:17 PM
Just have to tell you that I LOVE those pictures of Sassy!!! Especially the one where she is wearing that scarf!!!! Thank-you !!!!! She is so sweet to look at!!

Thank you so much! :D

Chilli
07-04-2006, 06:26 PM
What a thing to experiance... I am so sorry for you. I can't even imagine what it must feel like to be in your situation.
Things will work out, though. I will miss seeing those two dogs of yours here on PT (and your other pets, also). And I'm sure Sammy will understand, just think of how happy he'll be once you do get settled into your new house in Utah.
(((hugs)))

dab_20
07-05-2006, 09:57 AM
Do you know any one in Salt Lake city , Utah?, besides your Aunt?

Just my cousins who've already graduated. I was born there, and lived there until I was 5, but don't really remember any friends.

Thanks everyone for such comforting thoughts and words, I sure will miss you all.

EDIT: Just wondering... does the vet fax information about Molli and Sammy to their new vet? Should I tell our old vet that we are moving, but Sammy will be staying here for a couple months?

Dorothy39
07-05-2006, 03:09 PM
I'm certain that your Vet will provide Molli and Sammy's records to your future Vet. You might call your Vet and explain the situation to find out what their procedures are.

How often to you communitcate with your older cousins? Do they live nearby? You have so much on your mind, I can tell. These are trying times for sure, and , too often uncontrollable when we are so young.

Keep your chin up Dab20, you will adjust, and when you get back online, in your new home,(hey, maybe in your Aunt's home) :eek: come on back to Pet Talk and tell us all about Salt Lake City!!!! I've never been out West. So be sure to post some pictures!!!

We'll keep our light on for you!!!! :p

Miss Z
07-05-2006, 04:21 PM
((((BIG HUGS)))). I am so sorry you have to go through this. Please stay strong, we're always here for you.

Vela
07-05-2006, 04:23 PM
Well I live here as well, in SLC, so if you need to chat or whatever, let me know. I know it's hard to pick up and move like that, I had to do it a lot as a child as well, and had to leave behind my horses and dad too. It can sure suck but maybe in the end it will turn out not to be as bad.

Anita Cholaine
07-05-2006, 04:25 PM
I'm so sorry you have to go through this...
I know it must be hard, but hopefully things will start to work out as time passes ((((hugs)))) :)

Karen
07-05-2006, 04:55 PM
We'll miss you while you're away, but you'll be in our prayers anyway.

Laura's Babies
07-05-2006, 06:17 PM
Moving is scarey, especially a big move like that. I flew into SLC one time and it was beautiful from the air. I am betting you will have fun exploring everything and come to like it there.

Pam
07-05-2006, 06:18 PM
I am so sorry you are having to go through this. Life is full of twists and turns sometimes. You will certainly be missed here and we will all look forward to having you join us again when you can. (((hugs)))

Roxyluvsme13
07-05-2006, 06:21 PM
Danielle, I am so so sooo sorry. Do you think your parents would let you call any of your PT friends? If they would feel free to PM me for my number, since my mom doesn't mind people calling me. I'm so sorry you have to leave Sam, and I hope that you like SLC, even though your boy won't be there :(. (((HUGS)))

dab_20
07-05-2006, 06:58 PM
How often to you communitcate with your older cousins? Do they live nearby? You have so much on your mind, I can tell. These are trying times for sure, and , too often uncontrollable when we are so young.

I'm pretty close to my older cousin, Rebecca. Most of them live somewhere near or in the city.

Thank you so much everyone. You all help so much.

Dorothy39
07-05-2006, 10:56 PM
So, there you have it. Your Cousin Rebecca can help comfort you during this transition!!! Look to the silver lining in every cloud my friend.

Change is so hard. But , I made it!!! You will too!!!!

Keep us posted!!!

Logan
07-05-2006, 11:04 PM
Even as an adult, moving was a hard thing for me. At the age of 33, I made a 100 mile move with my 5 year old daughter. We moved away from her dad and away from my parents and friends.....it was hard, but necessary as it offered a better position for me, financialy, with my job. My daughter was too young to really understand what was happening, but you know what? We did ok. It took a long time for me to think of this as home. It was as if I had moved 2000 miles, rather than 100 miles, but we made it work.

I know you will miss you dad and your pup, but keep on making the effort to stay in touch with your dad, even if it is by phone most of the time. He will feel better and so will you. And your darling pup will be with you soon enough, hopefully.

I hope and pray that your mom is sensitive to how this move affects you and your relationship with your father. I worked, extra hard, to make sure that my daughter maintained as much contact with her dad as possible, all of these years. She is a well adjusted 15 1/2 year old girl now, with a healthy relationship with both of us, and with both of her steparents.

Logan

Dorothy39
07-05-2006, 11:10 PM
That was a wonderful post!!!!!!!!!

Almita
07-05-2006, 11:33 PM
I'm sorry i hope you can make it thorugh Salt Lake City is a wonderful place too with lots of beautiful buildings to see. I hope you can get your new house soon and be back with your adorable Sammy. Mayeb like some people said to find a public library and use the public computers? I hope you stick it trough.

[[[hugs]]]

buttercup132
07-06-2006, 10:03 AM
:( Thats horrible. Maybe you can live with your dad until your mom gets a new house. Then you can stay with Sammy , your bunnies, and your pony for longer.You dont have school right now either so that probly wouldnt be a problem. That is really terrible.

dab_20
07-06-2006, 10:28 AM
Thanks sooo much everyone. And thanks for that post Logan, at least I know other people are or have been in my position. I told my dad I'd try and call him every night. Plus if we both talk on our cell phones it's free.

buttercup, I woulden't be able to stay with my dad, because the court ruled custody of me with my mom... and well my mom wouldn't want me to stay behind. School would start before my mom and I got our house, also. :(

cloverfdx
07-06-2006, 10:36 AM
Ohh hun i am sorry to hear, you will be in my thoughts {{Hugs}}.

dab_20
07-06-2006, 09:13 PM
Thanks.

My mom said while we are driving there when we have to stop to sleep, we are going to sneak Molli into a hotel with us! :eek: I'm kinda worried that we will get in big trouble... I really hope we don't get caught.

luvofallhorses
07-06-2006, 09:15 PM
Thanks.

My mom said while we are driving there when we have to stop to sleep, we are going to sneak Molli into a hotel with us! :eek: I'm kinda worried that we will get in big trouble... I really hope we don't get caught.

please make sure you find a cheap pet friendly hotel..I wouldn't want you guys to get in trouble.

dab_20
07-06-2006, 09:17 PM
please make sure you find a cheap pet friendly hotel..I wouldn't want you guys to get in trouble.

My mom said there isn't any hotels that let you take pets in. :confused:

Edit: I found a site that will help me locate a pet friendly hotel.

cyber-sibes
07-06-2006, 09:22 PM
:( Oh, so sorry to hear you have to uproot & relocate. but there's always a silver lining, just hang in there :) Most libraries have free computer access, so maybe you can drop by PT and let us know how you are. God bless you, sweetheart.

WarahGirl1995
11-06-2006, 10:22 PM
I'm so sorry. *hugs* I hope you'll be ok.