PDA

View Full Version : Do you wear anything special in Memory of your RB dogs?

Roxyluvsme13
07-04-2006, 01:51 PM
Just wondering if you wore any jewelry, bracelets, shirts, etc, in memory of your RB Dogs? I do.
You can see it in this pic..
It's a Tinker Bell pendant I got for Christmas, and I wear it in memory of Tink.
http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i17/BrianaAndRoxy013/me-1.jpg

Suki Wingy
07-04-2006, 02:07 PM
That's so sweet. I don't really because none of my past dogs have gone to the RB for sure but we had to rehome 2 of them, and Player (horse) was sold, and I have this locket that's a sphere, then it unhooks to be 7 little attatched circles that each has a pet's picture in it, and it folds up to be a ball.

Dorothy39
07-04-2006, 04:54 PM
I have had a small heart locket for a long time. I have since placed two pictures inside of it. When you open it, there is one of my dog, Katie Lynn, the other , Foxy Jean.

That locket mentioned above sounds beautiful.

Glacier
07-04-2006, 05:00 PM
I wear a small portion of Hoodoo's ashes in a pendant. It's black with silver pawprints.

I have a charm bracelet for my cat, Dominique. It has a silver heart charm with her name on it and a couple silly cat charms. She was a silly one!

I also have heart shaped keychains for each of my bridge kids. They are silver with their pictures on one side and their names engraved on the other. I keep them on my purse.

binka_nugget
07-04-2006, 06:00 PM
I don't have any RB dogs at the moment (and hopefully it'll stay that way for a very long time) but I have Kai and Kaedyn's paw prints tattooed onto my arm. I don't "wear" it, but it'll always be there. :)

Suki Wingy
07-04-2006, 10:56 PM
I have wanted to get Niņo's marking tattooed on me and I think the place you have yours would be a good place because that's where it is on him.
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y124/Ninopup/june15002.jpg
(lower right corner of the pic you can see his paw shaped spots)

K9karen
07-05-2006, 12:07 AM
not to give a stupid answer, but I wear tears. I still cry like a baby sometimes. Cody was my 1st dog and went to RB so quickly. I always call Logan, Cody in error and they're nothing alike. If I had the guts, I'd get a tatoo of each dog.

Glacier
07-05-2006, 12:10 AM
not to give a stupid answer, but I wear tears. I still cry like a baby sometimes. Cody was my 1st dog and went to RB so quickly. I always call Logan, Cody in error and they're nothing alike. If I had the guts, I'd get a tatoo of each dog.

Not a stupid answer at all. Hoodoo has been gone for well over two years and I still cry somedays. Occasionally, I still forget he's gone and wonder where he is when he doesn't come for dinner. Hoodoo never missed a chance to eat!

K9karen
07-05-2006, 12:17 AM
Yep. I shiver when I see tennis balls. Cody was never ever without either 1,2 or 3 in his mouth at once, Good memories of course, but, man oh man, I miss the big galoot like crazy. He taught me alot about dogs, making me a much better owner 2nd time around

Roxyluvsme13
07-05-2006, 09:45 AM
Aww, gosh, now you guys are making me cry. I still think about Tink almost every day, and sometimes when I look at Lily, it's like Tink's there in spirit.

Dorothy39
07-05-2006, 10:37 AM
:(

This thread is too heavy for me !!!

But, very needed, or else I would not have clicked onto it again.

Toby's my baby
07-05-2006, 12:00 PM
I'm in tears, reading all of your memories of your rb dogs.

Fortunatly, I have never had a pet go to the rb (well, except for some fish :p). I did, I guess, have Boo boo's sister, who passed away when I was about a year old, but that is it. Thankfully.

Riptide
07-05-2006, 12:26 PM
I attached Carly's collars to my purse, which I carry everywhere

Logan
07-05-2006, 12:31 PM
One of my friends from another board works in rescue. She asked me if she could use my Zipper's sweet, white face to promote adoption of senior dogs. When he died, she sent me a link to her Cafe Press website and they were selling t-shirts with Zip's picture on them for a fundraiser. I can't bring myself to wear it, yet, but it is special and for such a good cause.

Zipper's face (http://www.cafepress.com/u_care.47910661)

Logan

K9karen
07-06-2006, 12:52 AM
Oh Logan! What a wonderful tribute to a sweet, sweet boy. I remember the day you decided to keep him. He brought such joy to the Bagley household. Wear your T shirt proudly!

lv4dogs
07-06-2006, 09:44 AM
Luckily I have yet to have a dog pass to the RB. But I do have many paw prints tatooed on my leg, which are in living memory of them. I plan to add some dog bones, dog dishes etc.. to it as well.
I do have a special tatoo planned out for each of them (or at least almost planned planned out) to be added to my "dog leg" when they do pass. This way they will always be with me!

Nanook, I will have a facial portrait of him done, in tribal with an outline of a polar bear symbol hidden in the tribal fur desing in his neck area. This will be on my calf.

Raustyk, her big fat cute nose (and possibly her smile & tongue) will be done on the lower inside of my leg

Kaige, not sure what will be done in memory of him, hopefully I have a long time to figure that one out). But it will be done on the outside middle of my leg.

anna_66
07-06-2006, 06:16 PM
Yes actually I do. Like Glacier I have a paw memory pendant with a small amount of Angus's ashes in it.
It's a great way to always have my boy with me.

I also have a T-shirt that Kay did for Paws for Equality (http://www.cafepress.com/pawsforequality.25796906).

cyber-sibes
07-06-2006, 06:24 PM
What a sweet thread. Our RB puppers mean so much to us. I have a charm bracelet. I bought different charms for each pet I had at that time. I have a husky for Star, a Rosie-dog (for my RB girl), a cat (for my RB ChowChow), and also 2 hearts w/birthstones for each of my sons (thankfully not RB!) There are also doggie bones and a few other things on it. At the time, nobody had crossed the bridge yet, but now it is a nice reminder of my sweeties.

lute
07-06-2006, 06:26 PM
i have my yorkie's(Porkie) id tag on my key chain. i wore it as a necklace for a long time, but it kept falling off and i didn't want to loose it. i feel that his death is mostly my fault. i left the electrical cord plugged in on the floor. :(

Roxyluvsme13
07-06-2006, 06:27 PM
What beautiful tributes in memory of your RB pets.