PDA

View Full Version : Gaucho is missing, asking for prayers.

trayi52
07-04-2006, 10:32 AM
My little Chihuahua, Gaucho has been missing for two days and two nights now. We have searched everywhere for him. Visited all the neighbors, I mean we have serched high and low for him. Please send prayers for our little 12 year old man. We need the prayers of everyone here at Pet Talk, that we find him safe and sound. I am very afraid something bad has happened to him. He doesn't usually wonder off like this. He usually goes out, does his duties, and then comes right back into the house.

Here is a picture of our dear little man:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v48/trayi52/Gaucho.jpg
Please send prayers that we find him safe and sound soon.

Willie :(

chocolatepuppy
07-04-2006, 10:34 AM
Oh no! :( I will pray for Gauchos safe return.

cloverfdx
07-04-2006, 10:37 AM
Oh Willie my heart sunk when i read the title :(. Good vibes on the way for you and your family. Come home little Gaucho.

zoey
07-04-2006, 10:42 AM
I will be praying for Gaucho. In the meanwhile, have you considered placing an ad in the paper? Good luck.

Jadapit
07-04-2006, 11:09 AM
Oh no, I'm so sorry your little guy is missing. :( I will say a prayer for his safe return. Plese keep us posted on him.

trayi52
07-04-2006, 11:13 AM
Zoey, that is a good idea. Our paper comes out once a week and has already come out this week, so if we haven't found him by next week we will put an ad in next weeks paper. Thanks for the advice.

Willie

molucass
07-04-2006, 12:30 PM
I'll send lots of prayers your way that you find that little man.

Gaucho, please come home!

Roxyluvsme13
07-04-2006, 12:33 PM
I hope Gaucho comes home :(. (((HUGS))) and prayers.

Daisy and Delilah
07-04-2006, 12:44 PM
This is the worst possible news Willie!! Oh my goodness!! I'm in tears right now. We'll send all the prayers we have for Gaucho's safe return. Maybe someone found him wandering and took him in temporarily. Please come home little man. We won't rest until he's found safe :( :( :(

I wish I were there close by so I could help you look for him.

Glacier
07-04-2006, 12:46 PM
Missing is a terrible feeling. I hope you find him soon.

Do you have any flyers up? Put the word Reward on the posters in huge letters. People are sometimes more willing to help for a little cash. I'd put them wherever kids in your neighborhood hang out. Kids cover a lot of ground in the summer and see a lot of things. They may spot your pupper. Call every vet clinic anywhere near you. If he's been hurt, someone may drop him off at a clinic. Check the shelters and animal control, in person if you can. Busy shelter staff may not know they have your dog by your description.

Good luck. We will keep all paws crossed!

Ginger's Mom
07-04-2006, 01:51 PM
Prayers going out for Gaucho's safe return.

luvofallhorses
07-04-2006, 03:04 PM
oh no! :( I am sorry Willie. :( I will definately send good thoughts and prayers that you will find him safe and sound. (((HUGS)))

king2005
07-04-2006, 03:17 PM
oh no thats horrible news :(
Since hes so small & quite old, do you think he has gotten stuck somewhere on your property or neighbours property? he could have fallen into a hole, or trapped under a deck.. any pools near by? as he could be stuck in the fencing.

Does he have aother doggy friends that he goes crazy for or they go crazy for him? Thats how we tracked down my friends lost dog, used my dog to hunt her down & he let us on a 2hr walk & right up to the house she was in :eek: She was safe & sound, it was a weekend so they couldn't bring her to the vets office to find her owners.

I'm sure if someone found a small old pooch, they porb took him inside & due to the weekend we're un able to take him to the vets office.. I;d check the vets offices tonight & the shelters, just incase. I've learned that because you call once, the shelter might not call back if the pooch arrives, esp if they are busy or forget about the look out... Always best to call daily to check in or go in yourself & take a peek every other day.

lizbud
07-04-2006, 03:54 PM
I am so sorry to hear this.I will certainly keep Gaucho in my prayers.
Hope he is found soon & ok.

trayi52
07-04-2006, 05:04 PM
Thank you for all your prayers and good thoughts. Please keep them coming.

We have followed through with the advice you have offered, we just don't have a shelter here nearby, and not that many neighbors. We have been going from house to house, though there is very few.

Again, thanks for the prayers and good thoughts. I will keep you updated.

Alysser
07-04-2006, 05:33 PM
Gaucho, PLEASE come home!! URGENT prayers on the way for the poor little guy. (((HUGS))) to you!

captain
07-05-2006, 01:44 AM
Willie,

My thoughts and prayers are with you .......... come home little man ....

king2005
07-05-2006, 06:12 AM
Was the dog well or ill with age?
If he was ill with age, is there a chance he took off to pass away? I've "heard" about animals doing that. Maybe borrow a neighbours dog & head into the bush (I'm assuming you live near the woods since you said you have very few neighbours)

trayi52
07-05-2006, 06:42 AM
Yeah, we have searched the woods. Those woods were the firsrt place we checked, because of Coyotes. That really has me worried. Gaucho was old and stiff acting, but otherwise, he was he was pretty spirited. I am really afraid the Coyotes have him. Now we are having thunderstorms and lots of rain, I keep thinking about him being wet and cold, and it just brings tears to my eyes again and again.

Please keep us in your prayers, Gaucho needs them now so much.

Willie

Karen
07-05-2006, 06:54 AM
Awwww, prayers for wee Gaucho to come home safe and sound.

Daisy and Delilah
07-05-2006, 06:57 AM
Willie, I'm still keeping the faith that the little guy is safe and sound somewhere. I'm praying so hard that you find him soon. These little Chihuahuas are tougher than we think. I just hope that someone has taken him in. (((((((HUGS)))))))
My heart breaks for you but I just know he's okay.

Dorothy39
07-05-2006, 07:01 AM
For some reason, my forum pages won't update.

So, for give me if I post a reply that is "out of tune" with this thread.

I feel so bad about your Chihuahuha, Gaucho. I feel so bad for you!!!!

This thread is by far so hard for me to click onto, but here I am . :(

I chringed while reading the post about Coyotes, to the point of nausea!!!!!!

I am so sorry -if you haven't found him, and I hope to get my pages uploaded properly , and find out that he has been at someone else's house all along.

chocolatepuppy
07-05-2006, 07:09 AM
I too am hoping someone has Gaucho and he will be returned to you. I will continue praying for him. {hugs}

Pawsitive Thinking
07-05-2006, 07:45 AM
Adding my prayers to all the others

king2005
07-05-2006, 07:57 AM
Is he scared of storms??
Were there storms(even without rain) the day he went missing???? Maybe he took off scared & hid in a rabbit hole trying to hide from the storm? I know the weather has been freaky this year & maybe he senced it & it freaked him out?

Does he react to the sound of kibble hitting his dish?? maybe walk outside with his dish & a handful of kibble, scooping it up & dropping it into his dish. You might hear him bark or cry if hes stuck..

Heres another idea!
Do you know lots of kids? Maybe offer them a couple hundred dollars if they help you sweep the woods.. if they have dogs tell them to bring their dogs to help find your little pooch.. not to sound down or anything, but let them know its ok if they find him passed away, you'll still pay them.. as that'll make them look really hard knowing they'll get money regardless! <-- I hope that doesn't sound too negitive, but atleast you'll have peace of mind knowing hes not lost & you can properly greve if he has passed :(

I really do hope for the best & wish you the very best!
I don't know the heartach of a missing furbaby, but I've witnessed it & I'm giving you internet *hugs* to help comfort you & best wishes

K9soul
07-05-2006, 08:27 AM
Willie, I am so very sorry to see this. Little Gaucho will be in my prayers, and you too :(. {{hugs}} to you.

elizabethann
07-05-2006, 08:28 AM
I hope you find Gaucho.

Logan
07-05-2006, 08:41 AM
I do hope that you will find Gaucho, Willie. I know you are sick with worry. :(

finn's mom
07-05-2006, 08:49 AM
This is very scary, I'm so sorry. I hope Gaucho is safe and comes home soon.

lv4dogs
07-05-2006, 12:32 PM
What a terrible thing. Many many {{hugs}} to you.
Gaucho will be in my thoughts & prayers until he returns home.

Toby's my baby
07-05-2006, 12:43 PM
I am so sorry this happened to you!! {{Hugs and Prayers}} for Gaucho's safe return!

kufan
07-05-2006, 01:12 PM
I am so sorry to hear this. You are definately in my prayers that you find him soon safe and sound. I can not imagine being in this situation. :(

Dot
07-05-2006, 01:15 PM
Be sure to put flyers, with large print, on poles near the road where drivers passing by will see them. Someone going past just might spot him and will call you.

Dot

Sevaede
07-05-2006, 01:20 PM
Oh no! :( Many good vibes going your way and Gauchos way. I hope hope hope he gets home safely and quickly! :(

Pam
07-05-2006, 01:46 PM
Willie, just looking at pictures of your dear little guy makes me want to cry. I am imagining him being scared somewhere and possibly hungry. :( If it is any consolation to you, and I am thinking positively when I say this, my Ripley was a stray and, when picked up by Animal Control he was so skinny and just a mess. God only knows how long he had been on his own. I guess they find things to eat when they have to. I hope and pray that you will soon be posting a *He's Found* post. ((((hugs))))

anna_66
07-05-2006, 03:06 PM
Willie I'm just now seeing this and was hoping by the time I got to the end of the thread you'd have said he was home, but no such luck:(
I hope he's found soon, I know you must be worried to death.

Lots of hugs, good thoughts and prayers coming your way.

Flatcoatluver
07-05-2006, 03:18 PM
I am so sorry. (((Hugs))) Gaucho will be in my prayers.

Roxyluvsme13
07-05-2006, 03:24 PM
How far in middle TN are you? Any possible way he could have headed East?

Anita Cholaine
07-05-2006, 03:35 PM
Poor boy, he must be so scared :( Prayers on the way...

Alysser
07-05-2006, 07:25 PM
Any word on his location yet?

BCollie_Kelly
07-05-2006, 07:59 PM
Oh no! Poor baby :( , I'm sending positive vibes for his safe return home!

trayi52
07-05-2006, 09:15 PM
No word yet, it just isn't looking very good for Gaucho. It has rained all day here. I am very afraid for him. Nobody around has seen him at all. :(
Please continue to pray for him. I will keep you posted, and will post anything, whether it be good or bad.

Thanks for all the prayers.

Logan
07-05-2006, 09:27 PM
Willie, my prayers continue.............I can't imagine your worry. :(

jazzcat
07-05-2006, 10:02 PM
Willie, I'm so sorry. I hope Gaucho is back home safe and sound very soon.

Prayers on the way.

Dorothy39
07-05-2006, 10:22 PM
Oh My, I have been on the edge of my seat when I can get on-line.

That rain story makes me feel so blue!!! :(

I feel so bad for you , and I sure do wish I were magic, (physhic?) .

Oh little Gaucho!!!! Where O Where are you dear?

Prayers Dear Pet Talker, you have plenty of prayers right now.!!!!!! :(

pnance
07-05-2006, 11:33 PM
Prayers coming your way that he's found safe and sound.

K9karen
07-06-2006, 12:45 AM
I feel you pain and concern. I'm so upset. Poor defenseless little boy. And coyotes! OMG! I'm praying so so hard!

lv4dogs
07-06-2006, 09:47 AM
I just want you to know that yous are still in my thoughts. I check this thread multiple times a day, hoping to see that he has safetly returned home.

Come home sweet Gaucho.

Vela
07-06-2006, 11:44 AM
I hope you are able to find him soon! How scary. Cmon little guy, your mom misses you!

caseysmom
07-06-2006, 06:14 PM
I can't believe I missed this. This is horribly upsetting. I hope you find your little guy soon.

lute
07-06-2006, 06:29 PM
i just now saw this thread. i hope you find Gaucho soon! prayers are commin!

lv4dogs
07-07-2006, 08:26 AM
Any sight or word of him yet? {{{HUGS}}}

petslover
07-07-2006, 08:32 AM
I just read this thread too and this is heartbreaking... I hope to hear a good update..

thoughts and prayers are on the way right now.

lbaker
07-07-2006, 08:52 AM
Oh Willie, I'm so sorry to read this! I had no idea ~ oh your heart must hurt terribly with not knowing. Prayers for you and yours :( please let someone have seen the little dear and taken him in while you continue to look.

trayi52
07-07-2006, 10:00 AM
I searched yesterday, but found nothing. There is one more house I want to visit today. I am hoping and praying he is there.

I just miss that little face so much, he has the sweetest little face, it just makes me so sad to think that I might not ever see it again. Buffy is missing him and even Charlie Sweet, the Cockatiel is really missing him. That bird thought of Gaucho as his dog. Charlie just sits and whines like a dog all the time now. He used to follow Gaucho around all the time.

Please keep praying and sending us good thoughts.

king2005
07-07-2006, 10:03 AM
I searched yesterday, but found nothing. There is one more house I want to visit today. I am hoping and praying he is there.

I just miss that little face so much, he has the sweetest little face, it just makes me so sad to think that I might not ever see it again. Buffy is missing him and even Charlie Sweet, the Cockatiel is really missing him. That bird thought of Gaucho as his dog. Charlie just sits and whines like a dog all the time now. He used to follow Gaucho around all the time.

Please keep praying and sending us good thoughts.

Do you think the bird could help you find him?? I think bring the bird on your shoulder might be an idea! He'll prob freak out if he smells his buddy!

Jadapit
07-07-2006, 10:03 AM
I'm so sorry he hasn't shown up yet. :( You both are still in my thoughts and prayers.

trayi52
07-07-2006, 10:13 AM
There are just too many Chicken Hawks around, and I just can't risk Charlie too. Thanks for the suggestion though. It is a good thought.

Willie

Roxyluvsme13
07-07-2006, 10:22 AM
(((HUGS))) Come on Gaucho, come home! :(

Dorothy39
07-07-2006, 10:24 AM
Please let ll of us know how your visit to this house goes>

Are there any other resources that we are leaving out for Gaucho?

Chihuahua's are a very strong, and they are quick!! He may have gotton lost and is now trying to get back on his track.

Oh, I am on the edge of my seat and I wish i were rich enough to form a search party for him in Tennessee!!

I feel so bad, you are so weary and you need so much help !!!!

I was trying to remember people I know from your area, then, confused Kentucky with TN!!! Geez, this thread has all of us in a slump!!!

Roxyluvsme13
07-07-2006, 10:36 AM
I just made this.. you don't have to use it if you don't want to, but anybody's free to use it :).

Dorothy39
07-07-2006, 11:02 AM
That was so nice. I know she will appreciate it too.

I wonder if she would fare any better if she visited her area's Newspaper web site . In this age of highly rated technology, we humans just can't understand why we aren't more enept in solving such a dilema.

Probably has contacted plenty of Newspapers already. :(

Ginger's Mom
07-07-2006, 11:40 AM
Still praying for Gaucho's safe return.

trayi52
07-07-2006, 08:56 PM
Thank you for the nice siggy, Roxyluvsme13, I will definintely use it. It just brought tears to my eyes to see a closeup of that sweet face. Again thanks.

I visited the house I was talking about, but they had not seen him. I was really hoping he would be there for certain. Now, I have run out of places to go to. Buffy is really getting so lonely to the point that all she does is whine. Everytime the phone rings I think it might be somebody that has him or has seen him.

Thanks for all the prayers and good thoughts that all you good people are sending, it really helps a lot.

Willie

Dorothy39
07-07-2006, 09:38 PM
Has Gaucho been known to stray away into the woods occasionally?

I know you are racking your brains to the point of mental and physical exhaustion . Has he ever had to be hunted down before? Does he have a favorite location that he frequents?

Gosh, I wish I were telepathic!!!! I am so trying to pretend that I am a 12 year old Chihuahua right now. Where was he located outside, the last time you saw him? I sure do hope I am not bothering you, but I am so darned aggrevated with worry.

Did you post those flyers?

I am so sorry that he has not appeared at all. It has been a week now? Right? :(

trayi52
07-07-2006, 10:13 PM
Poor little fellow has never done anything like this before. He has always stayed close to the porch and wanted to come right back inside when he was done with his duties.

I have done everything! The rain has stopped, and we are still seraching. I can't imagine that little guy going so far from us, that is just not like him. Gaucho has always been so attached to us.

I would love to be able to hold that little guy again. :( I really miss him. A Lot..

Willie

Dorothy39
07-07-2006, 10:31 PM
I get so blue, just wondering where he is!!!!

He has got to be close by, because of what you posted about him doing his duty and then coming right back inside. Was it night time when he went outside? Probably was, right?

We are missing a piece to this puzzle, somehow. He can't be far away.How long was he outside before you took notice? What was the time frame?

Are there any out buildings near the house? Low lying scrubs? Fence rows that contain the usual over growth this time of year? with with old barbed wire among the twisted vines.Is there a wood pile near by?

I am racking my brains out. I feel so sad for you. I will pray for a miracle!!!!!!!

lute
07-07-2006, 10:44 PM
Poor little fellow has never done anything like this before. He has always stayed close to the porch and wanted to come right back inside when he was done with his duties.

I have done everything! The rain has stopped, and we are still seraching. I can't imagine that little guy going so far from us, that is just not like him. Gaucho has always been so attached to us.

I would love to be able to hold that little guy again. :( I really miss him. A Lot..

Willie

i know this is a terrible thing to think about, but could he have been stolen?

Dorothy39
07-07-2006, 10:58 PM
i know this is a terrible thing to think about, but could he have been stolen?
I've thought the same thing.

I have had 2 dogs stolen from me in the past.

One of them being a misfit Sheltie who mysteriously showed up a few days after my daughter and I combed a country mile with posters as well as door to door inquiries. He was more like "The Ransom of Red Chief" by O'Henry.

We never did find our Dalmation :(

I hope we wasn't stolen, but I would never cross that out on my list of possibilities.

trayi52
07-08-2006, 01:13 AM
I guess anything is possible, but yes he could have been stolen. I just don't know how anybody could do such a terrible thing. How do you take a dog that you don't love, knowing he is loved by somebody else?! I cannot understand that at all.

My daughter and I have searched everywhere, and then searched it again and again. We are beginning to think that he might be, and I hate to even say the word, dead, because it has been almost a week. He was so little, I don't see how he would survive the rain, he hated the rain, and wouldn't go out in the rain, he would stay on the porch and do his duties. Poor little Gaucho, I do hope he is somewhere warm and dry. I just love and miss that little old man.

Willie

jesse_3
07-08-2006, 01:56 AM
Oh, I was so scared to read this thread, but I opened it now. You and Gaucho are in my prayers. I am so sorry, (((((MAJOR HUGS))))) go out to you. Stay strong. You have everyone in this household keeping their toes and paws crossed for Gaucho...

Steph and the whole crew

chocolatepuppy
07-08-2006, 05:04 AM
Keeping Gaucho close in my prayers. Don't give up hope, little Gaucho may be tougher than you think. I still want to believe someone has him, found him or took him, whichever, but that he is safe. It must be so hard for you, not knowing. {hugs}

Pam
07-08-2006, 06:09 AM
I guess anything is possible, but yes he could have been stolen. I just don't know how anybody could do such a terrible thing. How do you take a dog that you don't love, knowing he is loved by somebody else?! I cannot understand that at all.

Willie I was hoping that when I checked in this morning there would be a happy thread proclaiming that he has been found. :( I, too, think there is a chance that he might be living with someone else now. I don't know how heavily populated your area is, but do you think it is possible that he wandered off somewhere and lost his way back? Possibly some kind people found him and have given him a home. I had a 17 year old toy poodle and one morning I let him outside (in the front yard) to go potty. He always just went potty and then came back up on the porch to be let in. This particular morning I walked away from the door and he walked out of my yard. :eek: When I came back he wasn't there and I flew out the door, only to find him standing on my neighbor's porch looking up at her door, totally thinking it was his own house. Maybe Gaucho's age played a part in his confusion and he simply wandered away and couldn't find his way back.

Have you checked all of the shelters in your area? My Ripley was brought in as a stray and that is where I found him. I had to wait a week to see if he was claimed, and then I was able to adopt him. I often, to this day, think of his *first people* and wonder if their hearts are still broken. Gaucho could be in such a home with people who are wondering where he came from. Gosh, I hope he is OK. Prayers still going up for your little sweetie.

Ginger's Mom
07-08-2006, 06:21 AM
I, too, was hoping for good news this morning. More hugs and prayers going out.

Daisy and Delilah
07-08-2006, 06:24 AM
Willie, I'm still praying for little Gaucho's safe return also. Come home little man!! You're very missed by all, buddy! :(

Dorothy39
07-08-2006, 06:59 AM
I still think he is "somewhere" safe and dry. I still think that he was found by someone, and, that he was mis-taken for a stray.

I know, that sounds idiotic, but it helps me fall to sleep :confused:

I will pray that you find him and see his face again.

Never give up hope!!!!! Because I truely believe, if you give this your "ALL", you will find him!!!!!,

While falling to sleep last night, I remembered another story about a dog who just "came up missing"

It turned up in the basement of the house. My sister had a little neighbor girl who played a prank on her. However, this dog was not missing for as long a time as Gaucho.

I am praying for his where-abouts to be disclosed.

Daisy and Delilah
07-09-2006, 06:58 AM
Any news Willie? Kids are out of school. Maybe some kid took Gaucho in? I hope you've found him safe and sound by now. I just know the little guy is safe somewhere waiting for you to find out where he is and bring him home. Me, Daisy and Delilah are holding a prayer vigil for him every day in hopes that he comes home. COME HOME GAUCHO!!!!! We miss you little fella!! :(

Pam
07-09-2006, 07:12 AM
Just checking in again Willie. Hoping and praying for Gaucho's return.

joycenalex
07-09-2006, 08:38 AM
still praying for a happy update

Dorothy39
07-09-2006, 09:52 AM
The same goes for me as well. I think of Gaucho and I pray that you find him. This prayer chain is getting stronger every day for you !!!!

Kirsten
07-09-2006, 10:16 AM
Oh no, I'm sorry to hear this!! :(

Hope the sweet little guy will finally make his way home!!

Kirsten

Daisy and Delilah
07-10-2006, 07:37 PM
I'm still keeping a candle burning for the return of Gaucho Willie. I'm so sad thinking about it but I'm still optimistic that he's close by. Come home please Gaucho!!! Any news on him?? (((((HUGS WILLIE))))) :(

lute
07-10-2006, 09:34 PM
i still have you and Gaucho in my prayrs! COME HOME GAUCHO!

chocolatepuppy
07-10-2006, 10:11 PM
Gaucho is still in my prayers.

Roxyluvsme13
07-10-2006, 10:29 PM
Any news on Gaucho?

zoomer
07-10-2006, 10:59 PM
Oh, Gaucho! I thought you'd be home by now :( Prayers coming your way!

jesse_3
07-11-2006, 01:08 AM
I was hoping that this thread coming back up would bring better news:( Prayers are still going out there for Gaucho's return. COME HOME GAUCHO! WE MISS YOU!!!!!

trayi52
07-11-2006, 06:51 AM
Sorry, but Gaucho is still missing. We are still hoping he will be with us again, but nobody has called. The paper comes out tomorrow, so we will see what happens then. I am very doubtful of him ever coming home. I guess I have just given up all hope. Everytime I hear a dog or some kind of noise, I go running outside. I can't sleep of a night, because of worrying about him and wondering where he. I just want to know the truth. It's awful not knowing.

Please God, let me know where he is.

cloverfdx
07-11-2006, 07:01 AM
Ohh Willie i was hoping for some good news by now :(. You are still in my thoughts. Come home Gaucho.

Daisy and Delilah
07-11-2006, 07:10 AM
Thanks for checking in Willie. My heart continues to break for you. I couldn't bear the thought of one of the girls missing. I wouldn't be sleeping either. Pet Talk prayers are very powerful as we all know. We all continue to pray for Gaucho's safe return. Please come home little man!!
(((((HUGS)))))

Miss Z
07-11-2006, 11:05 AM
Oh my gosh, how did I only just see this now? I really hope Gaucho comes home soon. Don't give up and I'm sure you'll get him back. Please come home little guy, we all miss you!:(

Dorothy39
07-12-2006, 07:42 AM
I know that today your Local Newspaper will circulate the article about Dear Gaucho.

I'm not giving up on your thread, nor, on your finding him, no matter how this story pans out.

Prayers to you again , and, I will keep Gaucho in my thoughts!!!

pitc9
07-12-2006, 09:18 AM
Willie, I know you pain all to well.
Please know that he is in my prayers.
Hugs to you!

Logan
07-12-2006, 12:05 PM
Willie, you are in my prayers, my friend. Gaucho, too. :(

Roxyluvsme13
07-12-2006, 12:08 PM
Gaucho, please come home.. :(.