PDA

View Full Version : BC_MoM's Molly is hurt..

wolfsoul
07-03-2006, 09:54 PM
Jessica just PMed me --- her computer is having troubles and won't let her post a thread, but she needs prayers for Molly.

"Molly and Mickey were outside playing with the neighbours puppy today and Molly was looking behind her and ran her head into a tree.

On the white of her right eye, there's a patch of blood.

I came inside and showed my Mom and she's screaming at me saying "NO MORE OF THEM BOOTING AROUND OUT THERE. It's not safe! I don't want you taking them out there anymore!"

See? It's my fault. Once again.

Now my main question is about the eye... it almost look like it's cut.. but I don't know.

Do you think she will be alright? Does she need to go to a vet?

Also adding, last week she also had another head on-collision with a post, but had no apparent injuries from that.

She seems to be fine right now, not acting funny or anything (worried about concussion).

I'm very worried, only because I don't know what has happened. I asked my Dad if it looked like it was only a popped blood vessel, but he said "I don't know and I really don't want to know because I can't afford the emergency vet".

My Mom said it looked like it got scratched, but I'm not even sure she hit her head on the side with the eye that has blood in it.. I thought she hit on the left side near the neck.

Is there anything I should watch for?"

zoomer
07-03-2006, 09:57 PM
This stupid computer is going so slow... right when I saw this thread I came right away, though. I don't think there's much I can do to help, but it sounds like a popped blood vessel to me. You might want to call or even take her to the vet.

Roxyluvsme13
07-03-2006, 09:57 PM
Jess, I don't know how to help you, but I hope everything is okay with Molly :(.

Karen
07-03-2006, 10:05 PM
Just watch it, and her. If it is just a burst blood vessel, as scary as it looks, it is harmless and painless. Happens to people all the time, and they don't even feel it, so it's a big surprise when they look in the mirror.

And of course she'll have our prayers.

But if this is the second time she's run into something, perhaps she needs her vision checked at her next vet visit.

This page (www.flickr.com/ photos/bandit/page8/) has an image of a person with a burst blood vessel in her eye, so you can compare.

*sled_dog*
07-03-2006, 10:07 PM
Well..., that same thing happened to Rowdy when he, Rex, and Yukon were playing around. His eye like turned red and he wasnt opening it all the way. But a few hours or so later it was back to normal. So hopefully thats goes for Molly too! :(
Prayers from me

animal_rescue
07-04-2006, 12:52 PM
Poor Molly, I don't know what you can do but I'll pray for her.

lv4dogs
07-05-2006, 01:20 PM
How is she today?

luvofallhorses
07-05-2006, 01:29 PM
poor girl. :( Have you heard anything from her? How is she doing do you know?

Alysser
07-05-2006, 07:22 PM
Jess, I hope Molly is ok! Poor baby.

luvofallhorses
07-05-2006, 08:18 PM
please let us know how she is when you get the chance. I am worried about her. :(

BCollie_Kelly
07-05-2006, 08:44 PM
I talked to Jess on aim today and she said...

They called the vet to ask about it and he said from the sounds of it its probably just a burst blood vessel, to keep an eye on it for a bit and if It got any more red to bring her in.

cyber-sibes
07-05-2006, 11:28 PM
Saying a little prayer for molly, hope she's good as new soon!

jesse_3
07-05-2006, 11:37 PM
Oh dear, poor Molly.:( Prayers are there for you girl. I am glad that the vet says it sounds like a popped blood vessel.
Wolfsoul and BCollie_Kelly, thanks for letting us know what is going on!!

Steph, Jes, and Jemi'

BC_MoM
07-06-2006, 04:42 AM
Thanks for posting this Jordan, and thanks for updating Kelly..

Molly's eye looks alright now.. it's still a bit bloody, but most has washed away/disappeared. :)

Lady's Human
07-06-2006, 06:32 AM
You just need to rimnd the silly pooch that there ARE things harder than her head!

BCollie_Kelly
07-06-2006, 06:54 AM
You just need to rimnd the silly pooch that there ARE things harder than her head!

And to watch where she's going! ;) :p

zoomer
07-07-2006, 10:17 PM

LOL, Yeah.

jesse_3
07-08-2006, 02:07 AM
I am glad that it is starting to get better!:) Molly, you watch out now, you had us all worried!!!

Steph, Jes, and Jemi'