PDA

View Full Version : Do the people you live with not like your pets???

Zippy
07-03-2006, 01:36 PM
My mom loves all animals
My dad is not an animal lover but is ok as long as the don't bug him(he does like fish)
My brother loves animals to a degree.

luvofallhorses
07-03-2006, 02:02 PM
well I live with my parents and they all like my pets as they are their pets, too. :) Sometimes I think that my dad doesn't like Jenny or Tiger, though. :(

Jessika
07-03-2006, 02:13 PM
I voted "no" because I couldn't live with someone who didn't at least pretend to like animals. Luckily, our roommate LOVES Double-Oh and plays with the dogs all the time!!

Chilli
07-03-2006, 02:15 PM
My father- likes all of them. Some he likes more than others. :D He absolutely adores my fish hobby.

My mum- absolutely despises my rats. She doesn't allow me to have one in the same room as her. :o

My sister- Well, she's currently going to college to become a Vet or an Animal Caretaker... so... she loves every single pet in the house.

My Brother-in-law (he lives with us) - Loves animals.. how can someone marry my sister and not love animals^^? He likes all of my pets.

wolfsoul
07-03-2006, 02:16 PM
I live by myself, so no worries for me. :)

BCollie_Kelly
07-03-2006, 02:57 PM
My mom and brothers love them but my dad only does to an extent.

Danegirl2208
07-03-2006, 03:06 PM
its just me and my boyfriend.. we are both huge animal lovers..especially dogs, although we have diffrent views on which breeds are best :rolleyes:... i want my danes and he wants his german shepherd..obviously i get my way ;) lol but once we move he can get his shepherd..(and i can have more danes lmao :p )

PinkSunshine
07-03-2006, 03:47 PM
I live with my husband and he's a huge animal lover, as am I. I would never live with someone who didn't like animals....

Sevaede
07-03-2006, 04:03 PM
I live with...

My husband- He does this PLAYFUL thing where he pretends that he doesn't like them. But, I know he loves them. ;)

My mother-in-law- She loves them to an extent.

My father-in-law- Despises them.

My sister-in-law- Despises them.

My niece- She loves them but is still unsure as well. She likes to initiate contact but is nervous if they approach her.

Argranade
07-03-2006, 05:08 PM
Well for me its kinda like a zoo they come and look at them at least 2 or 3 times a week.

They realy do love my birds tho lol it seems every time they go look at them theres another added. :)

The only thing they complain about is ''Christina clean this bird $h!t right now before I sell them all''. :rolleyes: but they never end up selling them lol.

k9krazee
07-03-2006, 05:08 PM
My dad - Loves the dogs (some more than others *cough*Mini*cough*), he puts on an act and pretends he hates cats, but we all know he likes them.

My Mom - Likes the animals, but likes to constantly complain to people about the number of animals we have :rolleyes:

My Oldest brother - Doesn't really like them much at all, if hes home alone and the dogs are all in thier crates he will not let them out. His idea of a perfect dog is a dog that sits there and looks pretty and never ever makes a sound or has fun in any way. He likes the cats much more than the dogs, though.

My twin brother - Likes them all to an extent.

My little sister - Likes to cuddle with them, she hates feeding them, cleaning up after them, playing, etc.

GreyhoundGirl
07-03-2006, 07:25 PM
everyone in my family thinks my girl's an angel, except for my older brother... he hates her... but then again, there's something wrong with him i think.... :rolleyes:

Suki Wingy
07-03-2006, 08:06 PM
yes, they all like them. Niņo is the family dog, Oslo and Terrence are ok but my parents get really mad if they are on the carpet/couch/table. They very STRICKLY regulate the number of animals allowed in the house. My mom thinks it's a zoo and 3 of the 4 animals who live at home she barley ever sees out of the cage. :rolleyes: I purposley take Oslo out when she's gone or asleep.

cali
07-03-2006, 08:50 PM
my mom is just a bif of an animal freak as I am, but she does not like my bigger dogs, she is a little dog person, she likes my creatures..cant say they feel the same way about her though lol she looves my teil..my teil hates her. she loves my rabbit, my rabbit hates her lol my budgie and gerbils and piggies are just fine with her, but Toivo and Kari absolutly hate her lol

opps forgot my brother lol he is NOT an animal person, and my dogs are not allowed in his room, I dont think he has any idea what kinda animals live in the same house as him lol oh and dogs are just plain ol dogs, breeds dont exist ;) lol

chocolatepuppy
07-04-2006, 07:42 AM
Being that I'm an adult, I would not be living with someone who didn't like my pets. ;) Besides they are my hubbys pets also. At first he didn't want the cats, but they grew on him. :)

Pam
07-04-2006, 08:17 AM
Being that I'm an adult, I would not be living with someone who didn't like my pets. ;) Besides they are my hubbys pets also. At first he didn't want the cats, but they grew on him. :)

Your answer is absolutely identical to mine - right down to how hubby thought about/now thinks about the cats. Neither of us grew up with cats so becoming *cat people* came later in life for both of us. Of course my kids grew up with dogs around from the minute they came home from the hospital so they too will always have pets of their own. :)

ACK! I mis-read the wording of the poll so I voted incorrectly. :o

Alysser
07-04-2006, 10:27 AM
Mom-Loves them all

Dad-Loves only Sassy and Star. He hates the fish for some reason

Older Sister-LOVES Sassy. Likes the fish. Says she hates her but I've seen her talk to her and she sings to her. :p

Brother(sometimes lives with us)-LOVES all the pets. To bad they hate him... :p

Roxyluvsme13
07-04-2006, 01:06 PM
My mom likes most of our pets, but I don't think she likes Roxy too much.

king2005
07-04-2006, 02:41 PM
I kinda live alone. My landlady loves all my critters, but her b/f would freak if he knew the Ferrit's were really rats HAHAHA

wolf_Q
07-04-2006, 03:06 PM
My parents both love the dogs but they are very strict about allowing pets into the house. It's not a go get a pet and bring it home situation, at ALL. They complain about the dog hair and the the dirt the dogs track in etc. often, but they do love and enjoy them....I wish they'd just love them enough to let me get another husky. :(

As for my betta neither wanted me to get it but allowed it as the tank is in my room and they don't have to do anything with it. I don't think they like or dislike him really. I've tried to convince them another husky would mostly stay in my room but it hasn't worked lol.

When my brother and sister lived at home neither were too interested in the dogs much, but now they both have dogs of their own, go figure.

dab_20
07-04-2006, 09:12 PM
My mom loves dogs. My dad loves all the animals we have.

IRescue452
07-04-2006, 10:16 PM
My stepdad hates cats and threatens to kill mine several times a day. He likes dogs if they are small, shedless, and don't bark (dead?), but of course he hates my dog and threatens to kill her too. He hates small mammals and he doesn't consider fish an animal with feelings and needs.

My mom loves dogs and cats and small mammals, but neglects her fish and doesn't much understand proper care for any animal.

My 11 year old sister likes animals, but doesn't know how to handle them properly. She doesn't like fish though and doesn't consider them a pet.

My 6 year old sisters like animals, but aren't really interested in them.

*LabLoverKEB*
07-05-2006, 12:58 PM
Everyone is my house loves both the girls very much! :)

Anita Cholaine
07-05-2006, 04:10 PM
My sister loves animals and would love to have more pets.
My dad loves dogs, and loves Anita as a daughter, but he says he's fine with just her. I think it won't be that hard to convince him of having another dog, though...
And my mom... well, she loves Anita, but she says she will never have another dog after her :rolleyes:

lv4dogs
07-06-2006, 11:02 AM
Of course they all love animals. It is my house after all, if they didn't like my animals I'd kick them out. :p

Flatcoatluver
07-06-2006, 11:13 AM
Dad-Loves the dogs, (T.j is his), He loves to sit and quack at the ducks becuase they quack back, he makes fun of my fish (cichlid) because of the name, and he hates one of the cats, and doesn't really care for the other two.
Mom- Loves our dogs, She loves to sit in the grass and have the ducks talk to her, she likes all of the cats, but after they pass on we won't get anymore, she thinks I am crazy for all of the fish tanks in my room.

catnapper
07-06-2006, 12:19 PM
At first he didn't want the cats, but they grew on him. :)
Same with my hubby! But now, who do you think loves the cats best in this house? Hubby! He freely admits Harry is "his" boy. He adores Flutter. He loves them all but Harry and Flutter are definately something special to him.

lute
07-06-2006, 05:02 PM
my dad loves all my animals
my mom likes Beanie and thinks Gracie is too hyper. she hates the cats.
my brothers all like the animals, but they aren't really animal fanatics like i am.

dionne
07-09-2006, 12:10 AM
my old roomate posted something on his website (supposedly he was joking) saying for someone to PLEASE come abduct his roomie's cats. which REALLY irritated me, cuz they never bothered him, he stayed in his room constantly, and they never went NEAR him. :mad: oh well the jack@%! doesnt live here anymore.

Tollers-n-Dobes
07-14-2006, 11:22 PM
My brother likes them, but could easily live without them...so he says, anyway. I don't think its true though, I truly could never picture him without some sort of pet and I'm sure once he moves out on his own one day, he'll realize that aswell...lol.

My parents love dogs (esp. my mom) and it was their choice to get all of them but Tango does annoy them a lot. She's just not their type of dog and neither have a clue how to deal with her. They like her, but they're both glad she'll be going with me when I move out.