PDA

View Full Version : I think I'm going to try it...

zoomer
07-02-2006, 09:11 PM
I think I'm going to try feeding raw. Just try it one time and if they like it, I'll talk to my parents about it. What kind of stuff should you put in it? Bananna, Peanut Butter, Egg... what else?

k9krazee
07-02-2006, 09:20 PM
Put in what? :confused:

I would do a bit more research if I were you, feeding raw is not something that you can just spontaneously jump into. If you have a question like "what do I put in it" then you aren't educated enough on the subject, just my 2 cents.

lute
07-02-2006, 09:22 PM
Put in what? :confused:

I would do a bit more research if I were you, feeding raw is not something that you can just spontaneously jump into. If you have a question like "what do I put in it" then you aren't educated enough on the subject, just my 2 cents.
agreed

wolfsoul
07-02-2006, 09:34 PM
That's awesome!

It doesn't sound like you know much about it, so do some reading and learn the basics. :) Don't worry about tons of research, as there are lots of things you need to learn on your own. Everyone has a different way of doing it and every dog eats differently. Researching as you go along is fine.

It's always a bit scary at first and you'll always wonder if you're doing something wrong or if it's worth it, but don't sweat it. It's alot easier than it looks and you'll pick it up. Just think about what wild dogs eat and take it from there. :)

Roxyluvsme13
07-02-2006, 09:45 PM
Woohoo! I believe you need to do alot more research though.. Check out my thread a Few Questions on Feeding Raw, it helped me alot, and I'm sure you can gain some knowledge from it.

zoomer
07-02-2006, 10:23 PM
Okay, thanks. I'll check out your thread, Bri.

I'm not sure if what I was exactly talking about was raw... but I wanted to make a one-day try out recipe for the dogs. I wanted to know what I should feed in it. Like what fruits or meats... or what?

Roxyluvsme13
07-02-2006, 10:26 PM

I'm not sure if what I was exactly talking about was raw... but I wanted to make a one-day try out recipe for the dogs. I wanted to know what I should feed in it. Like what fruits or meats... or what?
Well, start them out on chicken. Leg quarters are absolutely great to start on. You can also puree (mix up in a blender) a different blend of veggies if you'd like.
Btw, I finished your signature..

Danegirl2208
07-02-2006, 10:26 PM

my dogs are fed raw...the get moslty meat..they get fruits, veggies and eggs a fe times a week, but the meat should be the majority of the meal

zoomer
07-02-2006, 10:27 PM
my dogs are fed raw...the get moslty meat..they get fruits, veggies and eggs a fe times a week, but the meat should be the majority of the meal

What kinds of fruits and veggies?

Danegirl2208
07-02-2006, 10:33 PM
What kinds of fruits and veggies?

i use green leafy veggies, apples, bananas, carrots, celery along with others..its best to puree them..(also never use onions)

Flatcoatluver
07-02-2006, 10:37 PM
Never use Grapes or Raisins.

zoomer
07-02-2006, 10:38 PM
What about strawberries, oranges, tomatoes, and potatoes? Are they okay to feed?

.sarah
07-02-2006, 10:40 PM
Potatos should not be fed raw. I can't remember why, but I just remember you can't feed them raw. Everything else is fine. Don't let the veggies and fruits take over the diet.

Good luck :)

zoomer
07-02-2006, 10:56 PM
Thank you :)

catnapper
07-02-2006, 10:57 PM
Also raw salmon is extremely toxic to dogs. Research everything first. There's a ton of human foods that are toxic, or at the very least, kown to upset dog's tummies.

.sarah
07-02-2006, 10:59 PM
Also raw salmon is extremely toxic to dogs.
That is only true for wild salmon from the North Pacific ocean and the parasite can be killed from being frozen for a week.

My dogs are fed raw salmon every so often, and in fact had wild Alaska salmon this morning. It had been frozen for a month before I fed it.