PDA

View Full Version : Great Book!

DoggiesAreTheBest
05-16-2002, 12:00 PM
Ann, thanks for suggesting Thor. It is a great book.

I just got through reading it yesterday and I wish the book was longer. It was awesome!

You guys should check it out. I found it my local library. Thor by Wayne Smith.

Dixieland Dancer
05-16-2002, 12:04 PM
What's it about???

DoggiesAreTheBest
05-16-2002, 12:29 PM
It's about a GSD and his day to day life with is Pack (family) and his encounters with non Pack members.

It's written and narrated from the view point of Thor, the GSD!

Ann
05-16-2002, 03:08 PM
Ooooooooo, I'm SO glad you liked it! I was so curious as if you had read it yet or not, and now I know and you even liked it :D

wolf_Q
05-16-2002, 04:23 PM
Hey that sounds like a good book, I'll have to check it out. I love GSDs! I remember reading some book about one called Blaze...that might have been the title of the book...but it was back in junior high. I love all kinds of books. :) Right now I'm reading a book called The Loop by Nicholas Evans (auther of The Horse Whisperer). I've read it before, but it was about 5 years ago so I don't really remember it. It's a really amazing book, that tells about the struggles between wolves and ranchers. It's kind of after the wolf reintroduction in yellowstone. I did a few reports on wolf reintroduction, so I relate to it. It tells both sides of the story, but the main character is a wolf biologist trying to save the wolves, so it is more on the wolf's side. The book seriously makes me sad and angry though, when it talks about the wolves being killed.

Anyway, I guess I'm a nerd and I do like to read, although it usually takes me a while to finish a book b/c i dont get much time to do it. Before that book I was reading The Lord of the Rings and The Hobbit. heh. :)

Ann
05-16-2002, 04:39 PM
I bought that book a long time ago actually (The Loop) but I never got around to reading it... I guess I will try now though since you said it's good! And I do love wolves...

Oh and if you're curious, the original thread I started bout Thor is here (http://www.petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?s=&threadid=10056&highlight=thor).

wolf_Q
05-16-2002, 04:46 PM
Well, I think it's good. Of course I just have a thing for wolves, although this tells a very sad story of them. I will read just about any book.

DoggiesAreTheBest
05-17-2002, 06:12 AM
I loved that book. I think the author did a great job. There are fun parts and exciting parts, suspense and sad parts. And the ending is great! Just love happy endings!

Dixieland Dancer
05-17-2002, 08:07 AM
I will have to check the book out too! I have been really focusing on clicker and positive training methods lately and have been reading all kinds of books on that subject. I am getting saturated with them and could use a break.

Thanks for the suggestion! It sounds like a great book!! :)

slleipnir
05-17-2002, 07:29 PM
I can't find the book anywhere but there is a book about a dog (german shepard) called thor by david duncan. is it the same thing?

slleipnir
05-17-2002, 07:54 PM
I'm looking forward to reading thor when I find it..lol. I have the book "The Loop" I'm just starting to read, does anyone know if it's any good?