PDA

View Full Version : Wow sometimes thats all you can say,

DrKym
07-01-2006, 12:52 PM
Ok I know here she goes again off on a tangent LOL :rolleyes:
but this is one of those things that no good deed should go unpunished ;) My husband and I get paid once a month on the last day of the month, and today he flew out to get his son for the summer. We hadnt recieved our pay through DD yet so I called yesterday and was told that they had changed accountants or whatever and several ppl were missing their pay and they would overnight us a cashiers check. Needless to say that put us in a pickle as no banks are open and the Holiday is coming up, I spoke with our landlord (we are buying the house from him) and told him the situation and asked if he would just give me the change from the cashiers check after deducting our mortgage. He agreed and we set a time to meet today of course fed ex hasnnt made it yet and when he arrived I had to tell him that I was unable to keep my end as I was still waiting on the fed ex man. He said that is really too bad anyway here is the balance due you from the check and a deposit slip when it arrives just drop it in the bank have a great holiday and enjoy your kids!

We have known this man 6 weeks, I am crying as I type this because not only is what he did amazing but as selfish as it sounds it made me feel great to have the ability to ruin my step son when they get home later today. any way if you all would say a blessing over Ty Henson and his family I would be grateful.

Blessed be

Vela
07-01-2006, 01:15 PM
It's nice to hear that in today's society there are still so many wonderful people who are willing to help others out in a bad situation. That's a wonderful story and he will definitely get his blessings for it. I hope you have a great holiday as well!

Ginger's Mom
07-01-2006, 03:23 PM
That really was very nice of him. It's so refreshing to hear stories like this, sort of renews your faith, doesn't it?

Laura's Babies
07-01-2006, 04:43 PM
That is amazing. He will find out how trustworthy you are now and that your word is solid..

DrKym
07-01-2006, 04:56 PM
Yes he will and that is the truth it was just so unexpected and so wonderfully kind to do that.

moosmom
07-01-2006, 05:03 PM
WOW!!! You've got a saint for a landlord. There should be more like him out there.

Lady's Human
07-01-2006, 05:11 PM
Saint and Landlord are two words you can't normally use in the same sentence. Kudos to him.

Karen
07-01-2006, 05:12 PM
A person I know made a lot of money in real estate, and he says one of the lessons he learned early on is "Love your tenants." Sounds like your landlord knows that lesson as well.

Once everything comes through, maybe next month send cookies with the rent check!

DrKym
07-01-2006, 05:29 PM
LOL his wife wantsa baby gummy pig for their boys, I'm thinking a baby complete with cage and food and hay for a month......with a bow. :D

Catty1
07-01-2006, 05:55 PM
What a great idea...and Gina could really use a landlord like that, but she's in NY.

Yes, it does restore one's faith!

Catty1

Dorothy39
07-01-2006, 06:51 PM
My sister works as an apartment manager. She is just that kind of landlord.

And YOU are a trustworthy tenant Dr. Goodnow!!!!

Such a wonderful story , to know there are great landlords , just like my Sis!!!

DrKym
07-01-2006, 10:42 PM
Dorothy I am so glad to hear that your Sister is also a treasure! Update to the whole thing, Ty called us this evening to see what time Jasper and our boy were due back from the airport, I told him about 11 pm. 30 minutes later I recieved an email from Papa Johns pizza to be delivered at 11:30 this evening with Ty and Barbs best wishes and a birthday wish to Xander (he turned 6 in may and we missed as were moving here) I am so going with the Gummy pig gift to them! The world truly is a better place with ppl like them in it! :D

anna_66
07-02-2006, 09:42 AM
Wow!

It's so refreshing to hear that there are still nice people in the world. Thanks for lifting my spirit this morning:)

gini
07-02-2006, 10:00 AM
What a beautiful Sunday lesson for all of us.................

This is one of those wonderful experiences that you will always remember........and can pay it forward.