PDA

View Full Version : Canada Day!!

Jods
07-01-2006, 10:10 AM
Happy Canada Day to all the Canadians! :D

Dorothy39
07-01-2006, 10:16 AM
Happy Canada Day to you Neighbor!!! :D

Here is something to share with you that is on my Page a Day Calendar!!

O Kanata,

Use of the word, "Canada" is believed to have come about from a misunderstanding.When explorer Jacques Cartier sailed up the St. Lawerence River in 1535, he asked the natives the name of the land. When they replied, "kanata" , an Iroquois word for village, Cartier thought that it referred to the whole territory!!!

Amazing!!! :eek:

Catty1
07-01-2006, 10:40 AM
"kanata" has two meanings:

"D***, it is F****** cold!"

"Endless Highway and Road Construction."

:)

Catty1

Dorothy39
07-01-2006, 11:01 AM
:D !!!!!

The first time my parents took us camping, we met a family from Ft.Wayne Indiana. They told us that we lived in Canada!!!! Because Michigan winters are probably worse than Indiana's. :eek: That was 39 years ago, and i still communicate with them.

Your post was fun to read.!!!

cyber-sibes
07-01-2006, 02:25 PM
Ah yes, happy Canada Day! This time last year, we were on the Canadian side of Niagra Falls, and watched the fireworks over on the American side - best of both! :)

Danegirl2208
07-01-2006, 02:32 PM
Happy Canada day!! :D From an American way down here in the hot nothingness of Arizona :rolleyes:

BC_MoM
07-01-2006, 05:01 PM
Happy Canada Day!

We went to the beach with all of our relatives this morning and just got back. It was great. We're going to The Forks for fireworks tonight! :D

manda_moo87
07-01-2006, 05:15 PM
Happy Canada Day everyone! :D :D

I have to work, so I'm missing the fireworks in Victoria this year. Darn! :p

davidpizzica
07-01-2006, 05:43 PM
Happy Canada Day to everyone north of the border. I thoroughly enjoyed my trip to Niagara Falls last may 12th. What really impressed me was the warmth and the friendliness of the Canadian people. I can't wait to go there again!

BC_MoM
07-01-2006, 05:51 PM
Happy Canada Day everyone! :D :D

I have to work, so I'm missing the fireworks in Victoria this year. Darn! :p

Work? On a Saturday? ON CANADA DAY? I thought nothing was open! lol

Catty1
07-01-2006, 05:53 PM
David - THIS time get out of the buildings, rent a car, and go for a DRIVE! There is some gorgeous countryside and MORE people you missed! And the folks there are nice whether you are a paying customer or not! :D

Geez what a cynic I am, huh? (didnt' say "eh") lol

You could drive up the highway in 1/2 hour and meet Gary and the Found Cats!

Catty1

Karen
07-01-2006, 05:58 PM
Happy Canada Day!

et

Joyeux Anniversaire Canada!

davidpizzica
07-01-2006, 06:15 PM
David - THIS time get out of the buildings, rent a car, and go for a DRIVE! There is some gorgeous countryside and MORE people you missed! And the folks there are nice whether you are a paying customer or not! :D

Geez what a cynic I am, huh? (didnt' say "eh") lol

You could drive up the highway in 1/2 hour and meet Gary and the Found Cats!

Catty1
Catty1, I know there is A LOT more to Canada than Niagara Falls. This last time I was tied into a tour bus group and didn't have too much time to explore. Next time I go, I'll have my own car and go wherever I want! I would'nt mind going to the Winnipeg area which was where my nephew was born and raised, (He married my niece). Catty1, mot one person I talked to there said "eh" Also, no one comented on my Pittsburgh accent either! We do have an accent.

momoffuzzyfaces
07-01-2006, 07:53 PM
HAPPY CANADA DAY to our northern neighbors!!! :D

luvofallhorses
07-01-2006, 07:54 PM
happy canada day everyone!

Jods
07-01-2006, 09:24 PM
Thanks everyone I thought I was gonna miss the fireworks putting Zoey to bed and all, but to my surprise my upstairs window was high enough so I saw the whole show!! Next year Zoey, hubby and I will have front row seats! ;)

todd
07-03-2006, 01:30 AM
Happy canada day