PDA

View Full Version : Still not standing :(

wolfsoul
06-30-2006, 10:20 PM
Visa still isn't standing for Karma. She is being a ridiculous flirt (as she always is with intact males) but won't mate. Sylvie said she is acting like she wants to breed --- she pushes her butt towards every living thing, but as soon as Karma gets started, she stops and tries to play. They even left them alone because they thought that maybe they just needed privacy --- well, Visa jumped the 8 foot fence and ran up and down the side of it, teasing Karma. :rolleyes: Marla doesn't believe in AIing, so we can't go that route.

It's day 13 now -- we are going to give it 7 more days for an even 20. She will be flown back on Friday, whether pregnant or not, as she has a show on Sunday and will almost be done her heat anyways.

So dissapointing. I was really hoping she'd be standing by now. She's gone off to sex camp and hasn't learnt a single thing yet.

I'm almost done the picture pedigree for the litter. :) I'll be sure to post it. And for those who were interested in getting a puppy from her next litter, I'll be making a picture pedigree for that one as well, as I already have the male picked out.

Suki Wingy
06-30-2006, 10:24 PM
Agh bad luck! If she doesn't take will you be trying the same dog next heat?

k9krazee
06-30-2006, 10:24 PM
Ugh, bummer. I really want her to come back preggers, I'm unbelievably excited to see her babies, its ridiculous! :p C'mon Visa!

wolfsoul
06-30-2006, 10:30 PM
Agh bad luck! If she doesn't take will you be trying the same dog next heat?
I'm not too sure -- the reason Marla disagrees with AIing is that she feels that if two dogs don't breed naturally, it wasn't meant to be (or in her less tactful words, "if the dogs are too dumb to breed, they don't deserve puppies"). So if they don't breed this time, who's to say they won't next time either. I think our best bet would be trying a different male, seeing if they are more compatible. Maybe a dog from the same line, as this particular line suits Visa quite well.

Alysser
06-30-2006, 10:37 PM
Ugh, that sucks. I'm sorry this happened. Hopefully those 7 days will be enough.

Roxyluvsme13
06-30-2006, 10:55 PM
Ah, that sucks. Maybe the 7 days will be good and Visa will finally mate with Karma. I was really looking forward to Visa puppies!

Spiritwind
06-30-2006, 10:59 PM
It's day 13 now -- we are going to give it 7 more days for an even 20. She will be flown back on Friday, whether pregnant or not, as she has a show on Sunday and will almost be done her heat anyways.

Yes, give it a few more days and see what happens. I have never bred my Collies before day 15-16 and have bred up to 21 days into it..... of course this depends on the dog. I just had a litter of Collies a couple days ago. The dam would flag and flirt with the stud for several days before she would actually allow him to breed her, and finally I got 3 good natural breedings from them. Though if needed, I would have AI'd her, but I didn't need to.

Janna

BC_MoM
06-30-2006, 11:58 PM
Make sure Visa knows this is serious business! She's acting like a young child! lol jk :p

Silly Visa.. I plan on getting a pup from Visa's next litter, so I'm hoping this one goes well!

binka_nugget
07-01-2006, 01:04 AM
Ack. :( C'mon Visa! I need my baby by the end of the year! Otherwise I think I might have to start looking at Malinois again. :(

Sevaede
07-01-2006, 01:39 AM
Aw, come on Visa! We are all looking forward to see your beautiful babies! :D

wolfsoul
07-01-2006, 05:42 PM
Thanks guys. :) It's her first breeding and she's in a strange place so she probably just needs some time. She has a whole week, I'm sure she will submit to peer pressure hehe.

I've got the pedigree done, and I'm getting the pictures together now. I have pictures of almost every dog on here, just have to do some searching to get the rest.

http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h247/creditapproved/1a84fc33.jpg

lute
07-01-2006, 05:53 PM
lovely pedigree! i hope Visa comes back preggers! c'mon Visa! don't you wanna be a mommy?

DrKym
07-01-2006, 05:58 PM
I do hope you get a litter ! However if Visa and Karma breed will that mean they will have baby credit cards with a conscience?? Matercard, Discover, Amex, Diner club..............just teasing! Hope it goes well, keeps us posted!

wolfsoul
07-01-2006, 07:43 PM
I do hope you get a litter ! However if Visa and Karma breed will that mean they will have baby credit cards with a conscience?? Matercard, Discover, Amex, Diner club..............just teasing! Hope it goes well, keeps us posted!
lol, Visa's brother's name is Amex. She also has a sister named Cash. :)

DrKym
07-01-2006, 07:46 PM
ROFL next litter can I name one ATM :rolleyes:

GoldenLuv
07-01-2006, 09:42 PM
maybe she is tryin to tell him to buy her dinner first...

lol

Corinna
07-01-2006, 11:41 PM
LMAO Don't forget flowers Karma!

GoldenLuv
07-02-2006, 06:25 PM
LMAO Don't forget flowers Karma!
yea and doggy treats.. lol

zoomer
07-02-2006, 09:03 PM
Aww, Visa, C'mon baby!