PDA

View Full Version : Nightmares?

Laura's Babies
06-30-2006, 05:25 PM
Today Amy has been sleeping on her bed in the chair. All has been quiet. I was taking a break from what I have been working on and was sitting on the sofa when I saw Amy jerk! One really hard jerk that was so hard, it flipped her out of the chair and on to the end table by the chair. (Thank God the table was there to catch her) She looked completely stunned and it scared me to death... I jumped up and put my hand on her and asked her if she was alright and she looked at me... Gosh, I just picked her up, hugged her tight and cried. I have never seen anything like that before... Has anyone else ever seen a cat or even a dog jerk in their sleep so hard that it throws them a good 18 inches? She landed on her side just like she is laying here. I measured the distance and it IS 18 inches she somehow jerked to.
Here is the chair where she was sleeping and the table on the side.. She went over that pillow and the arm of the chair and landed on the tables as if someone picked her up and placed her there. (It is obvious that it scared me more than it did her!)
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v288/Grammy707/HPIM2345.jpg

jackie
06-30-2006, 05:34 PM
My RB kitty Pinto, used to wake up from a deep sleep and rush around the house yowling.

I suppose pets can have bad dreams too!

IRescue452
06-30-2006, 06:02 PM
Never seen a dog or cat jerk that far, but last night I had a dream or vision that someone was standing over me and I pretty much fell off the bed. It took a bit to recoop from that.

kuhio98
06-30-2006, 06:04 PM
Pepper has jerked awake and leapt to her feet. Then sat there blinking like "How the heck did I get here? But, neer leapt that far.

joanofark
06-30-2006, 10:50 PM
I've seen all three of my pets twitch, and move their legs like they're trying to run away, but never jerking HARD.... Hobo also crys and chirps sometimes while sleeping, to where I have to wake him up to get him to stop.... I suppose they do have bad dreams....

I had a dream or vision that someone was standing over me and I pretty much fell off the bed.

OMGosh, I've had a dream like that too, a scary black figure was standing beside my bed, I almost ran out of my room screaming before I woke up!! :eek:

MomToThree
07-03-2006, 08:07 PM
Gracie will cry in her sleep. She has also yelped several times in her sleep. She jerks all the times and she fell off the bed once from jerking so much. I learned not to touch her while she is having bad dreams. I almost got my face taken off once. So now I just wisper to her until she wakes up slowly. Then she will start shaking and I talk to her then she will go back to sleep. :)